QAFA (B) Central-2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I've just heard this. Why would players be going to Ferny Grove when established clubs are just a little further down the road? I know i have a bias, but Wilston Grange is just down the road from Ferny. I'm going for a drive tonight, i swear the sign out the front says its a junior club - not that it matters i guess. Have they got the facilities? the club house is just a shipping container isn't it?????

Old boys hey. Did you watch any QFA b games this year? Thoughts on how you will go?
watched a few games hopefully we can win a couple of games that would be nice. The top 2 teams were a class above the rest from what I saw in the finals. Hopefully we can match it with the other clubs

watched a few games hopefully we can win a couple of games that would be nice, and get some more numbers for 2016 so we can have a reserves
when is training Collin? I'd like to come and watch. I need to see this for my own eyes.
Still taking numbers on board?

when is training Collin? I'd like to come and watch. I need to see this for my own eyes.
Still taking numbers on board?
the falcon family welcomes all newcomers, wouldn't play for anyone else even if u paid me, training fri nights but breaking over xmas,

You involved any more any where?
thought about having a run with Yeronga since a few work mates are there, but like i said earlier, the body probably won't hold up. I'll be going down to watch a few friday night games though, be interesting to see if Kedron and Mayne get going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we got 30+ down at the Falcons , been a huge effort by the creator/founder of the first senior team
Yeah watched them train and they didn't have thirty. Long way to go from what I saw. Couple of ok players, but majority have no skills. Bottom of league unless they can recruit.

I've just heard this. Why would players be going to Ferny Grove when established clubs are just a little further down the road? I know i have a bias, but Wilston Grange is just down the road from Ferny. I'm going for a drive tonight, i swear the sign out the front says its a junior club - not that it matters i guess. Have they got the facilities? the club house is just a shipping container isn't it?????

Wilston Grange used to play a 3rds side in the Friday night comp.

But I believe the club got sick of putting a side out there, because it was a loss making venture every season due to players no paying fees and numbers dwindling in the back of of seasons.

Where in the past I have attempted to defend the club, some more information has come to my attention recently which has utterly shaken my conviction.

If there's one thing for certain, it is that the current president is very unlikely to maintain that position for much longer.

Apparently, we are massively in debt.

Luckily though, we do have a few good men who are working to try and fix this mess. And while we are really struggling for numbers at training, we do have around 20 players lined up for next season, which isn't too bad an effort. We expect that number to increase into the new year.

On the other hand, I've gone from a fringe player to leadership material in one off-season.

An indictment on the rest of the playing group and no mistake.

All I can say personally is that I cannot wait for the next season. I'm getting the urge to tackle people I walk past in shopping centres, but I can't. Because that would be assault.

Yeah watched them train and they didn't have thirty. Long way to go from what I saw. Couple of ok players, but majority have no skills. Bottom of league unless they can recruit.

Also went down and watched them train. Maybe a couple of wins but cant see them playing finals...

Do you even lift bro? A champion team will always beat a team of champions! They will just have to run circles around you :)

Calling it as I see it champ. Couple of ball getters and a good left footer. If it is Matty Hayes from Aspley days; will be okay if he is fit. Talls looked promising. Apart from that mate I'm a realist, long long way to go! Yeah will see you at some stage in the year, don't say I didn't tell you so!

Wilston Grange used to play a 3rds side in the Friday night comp.

But I believe the club got sick of putting a side out there, because it was a loss making venture every season due to players no paying fees and numbers dwindling in the back of of seasons.

Mayne who are even closer to Ferny are putting together a 3rds side in 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back