QAFA (B) Central-2014

tigerhawk

Debutant
Apr 5, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Mayne just aren't the same in my opinion. Playing out of Everton? Just call yourselves Everton. Should have lost the right to call yourselves Mayne when you sold your ground. Just like selling your soul.
Mayne just aren't the same in my opinion. Playing out of Everton? Just call yourselves Everton. Should have lost the right to call yourselves Mayne when you sold your ground. Just like selling your soul.
That was nearly 20 years ago and what have these motherhood statements got to do with QAFA B Central, isn't this social footy ? Its like saying Sherwood got kicked out of the QAFL once upon a time so they can't have the Woodsman ?? Mayne stayed afloat through various means in a what was a super tough decade for all clubs in QLD Footy...Let bygones be bygones most of the kids playing in this QAFA B stuff would have been in nappies or a twinkle in the old mans eye when all this was going on and don't have any connection to it just blokes wanting to have a kick with there mates...I think its great we've got plenty of new sides and the more north side teams means we can all get home after games before midnight !!!

Tiger 2015

Draftee
Dec 14, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
That was nearly 20 years ago and what have these motherhood statements got to do with QAFA B Central, isn't this social footy ? Its like saying Sherwood got kicked out of the QAFL once upon a time so they can't have the Woodsman ?? Mayne stayed afloat through various means in a what was a super tough decade for all clubs in QLD Footy...Let bygones be bygones most of the kids playing in this QAFA B stuff would have been in nappies or a twinkle in the old mans eye when all this was going on and don't have any connection to it just blokes wanting to have a kick with there mates...I think its great we've got plenty of new sides and the more north side teams means we can all get home after games before midnight !!!
Good call

The Fal

Debutant
Dec 11, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Your Sherwood analogy is flawed. If they were kicked out of the comp, sold their ground, and then popped up out at Jindalee - still calling themselves Sherwood - yeah I'd have a problem. I don't see why Mayne just didn't call themselves Everton....or Enoggera. Just my opinion, I don't need another inspirational speech thanks tigerhawk.

The Con

Debutant
Dec 11, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Your Sherwood analogy is flawed. If they were kicked out of the comp, sold their ground, and then popped up out at Jindalee - still calling themselves Sherwood - yeah I'd have a problem. I don't see why Mayne just didn't call themselves Everton....or Enoggera. Just my opinion, I don't need another inspirational speech thanks tigerhawk.

Good point. Why didn't they call themselves Everton??

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Sherwood play at Chelmer

Kenmore play at Chelmer

Morningside play at Hawthorne

Broadbeach play at Mermaid Waters

Sandgate play at Taigum

Surfers play at Benowa

Grange play at Stafford

Caboolture play at Burpengary

Who really gives a s**t if Mayne play at Enoggera!?

As for the actual footy. Mayne will be strong, but if they think anyone that played a bit of seniors/ressies in QFA North last year is just going to carve up, they will be in for a shock. As for Ferny Grove, they sound like the 2015 version of Springfield - lots of hot air.

tihs talker

Draftee
Dec 16, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Sherwood play at Chelmer

Kenmore play at Chelmer

Sandgate play at Taigum

Surfers play at Benowa

Grange play at Stafford

As for the actual footy. Mayne will be strong, but if they think anyone that played a bit of seniors/ressies in QFA North last year is just going to carve up, they will be in for a shock. As for Ferny Grove, they sound like the 2015 version of Springfield - lots of hot air.

tigerhawk

Debutant
Apr 5, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Agree and I don't think any of the Mayne people that are running thirds are under any illusions it will be a walk in the park even a finish in the final 5 would be a good effort given the current comps quality at the top end...

The Fal

Debutant
Dec 11, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Sherwood play at Chelmer

Kenmore play at Chelmer

Sandgate play at Taigum

Surfers play at Benowa

Grange play at Stafford

Must have missed the part where I wrote "personal opinion". Anyway, my point seems to be lost here - all the clubs you listed are still playing WHERE THEY TRADITIONALLY STARTED AS A CLUB. MAYNE DO NOT. FFS. The Window lickers are out tonight.

Phoenixguard09

Debutant
May 28, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Must have missed the part where I wrote "personal opinion". Anyway, my point seems to be lost here - all the clubs you listed are still playing WHERE THEY TRADITIONALLY STARTED AS A CLUB. MAYNE DO NOT. FFS. The Window lickers are out tonight.

Does it really matter?

Lay off the sauce mate and let it go.

The_Sherrin

Debutant
Apr 3, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Mayne Juniors play out of Nundah, Seniors at Everton. Who cares!!! Why is Mayne being talked about in the QAFA (B) anyway??

footychamp6

Rookie
Dec 19, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
strong rumour after Kedron getting denied to drop to division 3 now losing more players to pine rivers looking like only being able to field one side in division 4

Brissyboy26

Rookie
Dec 20, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
strong rumour after Kedron getting denied to drop to division 3 now losing more players to pine rivers looking like only being able to field one side in division 4

That would be a massive blow to the Kedron club. Where did you hear this? If this is true Pine Rivers may be looking far more competitive than first thought

Back