QAFL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Dezario

All Australian
Dec 14, 2011
QLD
AFL Club
Geelong
See my Broady will be the host of the pre season game between The Suns and Lions on Febuary 18th ,,,A huge gain for the club ...putting a few extra bucks into the till..and recoginition from the afl in reference to the facilities

They might need the extra bucks in the till after what I heard happened with someone in the club punting huge amounts of coin down the drain. Hopefully he will be held accountable, such a shame after all the recent hard work which had gone into the club

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
They might need the extra bucks in the till after what I heard happened with someone in the club punting huge amounts of coin down the drain. Hopefully he will be held accountable, such a shame after all the recent hard work which had gone into the club

Yes I heard similar but luckily he ran the Sports club which is seperate to the footy club, word is he quit too , probably to avoid further investigations.

swamp13

Senior List
Aug 27, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man utd, San Antonio, taker
200 thousand bucks is a lot of coin
Don't wish that apon any club. With the recent list changes at southport, what's the word around where certain players are heading, namely burge and screech? Will they follow Merritt to bond or go to qafl?

Ruffles00

Debutant
Nov 19, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yes I heard similar but luckily he ran the Sports club which is seperate to the footy club, word is he quit too , probably to avoid further investigations.

Correct,,,,
its to do with the Sports club . The football club finances itself, and is totally independant to the Sports club .
A forensic audit is occuring at the moment ,,,,, so the culprit may well face more then investigations.

Fleet footed

Debutant
Jan 17, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Correct,,,,
its to do with the Sports club . The football club finances itself, and is totally independant to the Sports club .
A forensic audit is occuring at the moment ,,,,, so the culprit may well face more then investigations.

As I a. New to Queensland football I was interested in where everyone on here gets there information from? Are most people with clubs or more so footy followers?

There seems to be big allegations on here.

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
As I a. New to Queensland football I was interested in where everyone on here gets there information from? Are most people with clubs or more so footy followers?

Most that post on here are involved with a club at some sort of level, whether that is just following a club closely as a fan, right through to serving on the board. On the lower division threads, most that post are actually players, even if they claim not to be !!

And big allegations on here is what we do !! There is usually more than a fair bit of truth to them. Not often that you will read something that is totally fictitious, without having some sort of substance.

Fleet footed

Debutant
Jan 17, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Most that post on here are involved with a club at some sort of level, whether that is just following a club closely as a fan, right through to serving on the board. On the lower division threads, most that post are actually players, even if they claim not to be !!

And big allegations on here is what we do !! There is usually more than a fair bit of truth to them. Not often that you will read something that is totally fictitious, without having some sort of substance.
Ok great thanks for that. There is certainly some strong opinions on here and a little club bias

Aug 27, 2007
brisbane
AFL Club
Essendon

Most of us have been around footy clubs for a long time. Just what people tell you

It was in the courier mail.

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
See Palm Beach have signed up Jake Digan ,, ex Thunder player ,, and a very good player at that ,, Palmy are looking good with its player list as is Labrador ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
This AFLQ report doesnt tell us much more then we already know about .
At this stage,,, looks like Labrador has retained most of its senior list and picked up one or two.
Palmy ,, same sort of retention and picked up 3 or 4 good players as well
Morningside,, similiar ,, lost 2 or 3 good players but picked up 2 ...
Mt Gravatt... same
Broadbeach... have seen the return of 5 or 6 ex players of NEAFL level standard and with no major losses ,,, and of the 4 players training with Southport, only one has been told he is in ... they well may be the big improvers in 2017
Western Magpies ... no real news hear... but seem to still have a decent list
Surfers .... big talk they will finish down near the bottom rung of the ladder cause they have lost 4 good players ,,, I doubt this ,, may well drop in the ladder ,, but I dont think they will be near the wooden spoon status
As of The Grange and Sandgate ,,, well just not enough info on gains, losses and retention .
Season proper doesnt begin till mid April,, so plenty of more issues to happen yet in this pre season ..

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Grange picked up the overrated mercenaries from UQ. From what I heard of Hannafords demands he stated to a few clubs you would think Chris Judd was shopping himself, not a bloke from a club with 3 wins in 2 years.

Magpies sound quiet, as you would be when you've lost Staker, Carseldine and Scott. The best 3 players at the club!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back