QAFL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hot off the press,,, Yet again Palm Beach have signed up a gun from Victoria.
My club , be it Broadbeach were in the running but lost out to Palmy ,,
I know all about this particular player and im telling you he will be a gun at QAFL level
Geez, Palmy looking good with their recruits thus far

Fleet footed

Debutant
Jan 17, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Di
I know all about this particular player and im telling you he will be a gun at QAFL level
Who did pbc get from Victoria?

Is this on top of headland?

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle

Which league in Victoria?
I hear about lots of clubs in QLD picking up so called guns from Victoria whom end in the reserves.

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Di

Who did pbc get from Victoria?

Is this on top of headland?

Apparently the guy has signed with Palmy ,,,, Hes from the Mildura region ( Sunraysia league) .Is 31 or 32,.... Has been a playing coach for the past 3 seasons resulting in 2 flags,,, is a triple club B&F,, multiple times has represented the League and was named in the Leagues Team Of The Year for 2016.
Is a fitness fanatic ,, built very solid and is a hard at the ball type player( mainly in the backline) with a good footy brain ..
Now The Sunraysia League is not the standard of the QAFL, but wouldnt be to far below it,, thus take the best 20 players in the comp, and all these players would be good players in the QAFL,,,So Im sure this guy will be a top recruit for Palmy . His name is Simon Callahan
So look at Palmys recruits thus far ;
1; Callahan
2; Burge
3; Headland
4; Dignan
5; Munro
6; Ritchie
7; Toutman

And they have only lost 2 good players ,,, have a strong ressies and great juniors coming up...not to mention , they have ex Southport legend in Crowley there in a coaching role .
Reckon, they have become flag favorites now,, edging ahead of Labrador ,
On another subject,,, Im normally not one to make comments on player payments, but s**t ,, this must be costing a bit one would think !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ruffles00

Debutant
Nov 19, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not exactly community football anymore by the looks of it. Going back to the days of 'who has the biggest wallet'.

Fleet footed

Debutant
Jan 17, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
This sounds like a lot of leagues where clubs that are proactive off the field and make things happen attract players and not necessarily for money. Other clubs sit back and whinge and use that excuse

Doddsy75

Team Captain
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Not exactly community football anymore by the looks of it. Going back to the days of 'who has the biggest wallet'.
This is the QAFL, not community footy. You want community footy, go back 1 division.

PBC have a poor culture and a big wallet, its why none of them ever stay

Fleet footed

Debutant
Jan 17, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
#811 says all but 2 good players have stayed at pbc. That would suggest that they have players staying?

What is it about their culture that is not good?

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
Apparently the guy has signed with Palmy ,,,, Hes from the Mildura region ( Sunraysia league) .Is 31 or 32,.... Has been a playing coach for the past 3 seasons resulting in 2 flags,,, is a triple club B&F,, multiple times has represented the League and was named in the Leagues Team Of The Year for 2016.
Is a fitness fanatic ,, built very solid and is a hard at the ball type player( mainly in the backline) with a good footy brain ..
Now The Sunraysia League is not the standard of the QAFL, but wouldnt be to far below it,, thus take the best 20 players in the comp, and all these players would be good players in the QAFL,,,So Im sure this guy will be a top recruit for Palmy . His name is Simon Callahan
1; Callahan
2; Burge
3; Headland
4; Dignan
5; Munro
6; Ritchie
7; Toutman

And they have only lost 2 good players ,,, have a strong ressies and great juniors coming up...not to mention , they have ex Southport legend in Crowley there in a coaching role .
On another subject,,, Im normally not one to make comments on player payments, but s**t ,, this must be costing a bit one would think !!

Add John McCansh to that list from Surfers last year, all Palmy need now is a decent coach.

You need to check you facts on Callahan, hard at it but not sure he's ever coached, he's a Physio I'm told.

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Fairly comprehensive summary there. What sort of money at a guess would these guys be on?

I dont get involved in a individuals match payments ,,, so many rumours go around in this area .
All I would comment on is that Palmy may well be paying 80k to 100k in total match payments
Which league in Victoria?
I hear about lots of clubs in QLD picking up so called guns from Victoria whom end in the reserves.

Ablett,, i agree to some context ,,, but there have been plenty that have been guns up hear.

Dezario

All Australian
Dec 14, 2011
QLD
AFL Club
Geelong
This is the QAFL, not community footy. You want community footy, go back 1 division.

PBC have a poor culture and a big wallet, its why none of them ever stay

Very untrue about the culture. The last three years the club has worked tirelessy off the field to get to place to a high stanard. Examples... new rooms, gym, goal posts. They have tried to follow moringsides lead by getting the local community to embrace the club thus resulting in sponsors.

It would seem there is a lot of money going around but I know that no player is paid anymore than $400 a game. Yes this adds up.

If everyone wanted to leave then why would their former captain returns. Plus 4 southport boys. The senior players there now are a lot different to the ones say 5-6 years ago

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Add John McCansh to that list from Surfers last year, all Palmy need now is a decent coach.

You need to check you facts on Callahan, hard at it but not sure he's ever coached, he's a Physio I'm told.

Ablett,, he has been a playing coach in seasons 2014,2015 and 2016 ,,, co coach with a a guy by the name of Brad Hards,, another decorated player in this comp.They won 2 flags here... yes he is a physio,, has his own business

Dezario

All Australian
Dec 14, 2011
QLD
AFL Club
Geelong
1; Callahan
2; Burge
3; Headland
4; Dignan
5; Munro
6; Ritchie
7; Toutman

As for Callahan he did coach down there with Imperials with former PBC man Brad Hards who recommended palmy to him.

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
This sounds like a lot of leagues where clubs that are proactive off the field and make things happen attract players and not necessarily for money. Other clubs sit back and whinge and use that excuse

Who you trying to kid, all of Palm Beach n Labradors recruits this year is due to them having more cash than the other clubs & offered them amounts they couldn't refuse, they weren't lured by club culture or facilities, it was all about the $$$$$
I have no dramas with clubs spending up big, If you've the cash you might aswell spend it but just make sure you get the success or your open for criticism, clubs are judged on premiership cups in their trophy cabinets not by the amount of dollars in their savings account but well ran clubs have both

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Very untrue about the culture. The last three years the club has worked tirelessy off the field to get to place to a high stanard. Examples... new rooms, gym, goal posts. They have tried to follow moringsides lead by getting the local community to embrace the club thus resulting in sponsors.

It would seem there is a lot of money going around but I know that no player is paid anymore than $400 a game. Yes this adds up.

If everyone wanted to leave then why would their former captain returns. Plus 4 southport boys. The senior players there now are a lot different to the ones say 5-6 years ago

Dezario,
agree with u here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back