QAFL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ablett,, he has been a playing coach in seasons 2014,2015 and 2016 ,,, co coach with a a guy by the name of Brad Hards,, another decorated player in this comp.They won 2 flags here... yes he is a physio,, has his own business

I heard he works under a Physio whom is linked to Broadbeach & he trained there hence why Broady are dirty he didn't sign there, I'd say Broady didn't it offer him the cash Palmy did.

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hopefully I never find out in person cos Physio's cost a fortune!

Ablett,
The director of a company called Corio Bay physio is a guy that is Broadys physio,,, he has practices at Ashmore , Benowa, Robina and Varsity Lakes .
Thus plenty of areas to place Callahan work wise,,, with all these business locations being closer to the Broady home ground compared to the Palmy home ground. Thus ,, no excuses there ,,, I think it comes down to Palmy maybe able to find him employment as well, and in addition pay him larger match payments

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Ablett,
The director of a company called Corio Bay physio is a guy that is Broadys physio,,, he has practices at Ashmore , Benowa, Robina and Varsity Lakes .
Thus plenty of areas to place Callahan work wise,,, with all these business locations being closer to the Broady home ground compared to the Palmy home ground. Thus ,, no excuses there ,,, I think it comes down to Palmy maybe able to find him employment as well, and in addition pay him larger match payments

Not to mention the chance to play in a flag winning side ,, hes played in a few, and no doubt at 32 years of age he has a hunger to play in another one, thus Palmy looks a better proposition to maybe achieve this ,, more so then Broady.

Fleet footed

Debutant
Jan 17, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Simon is a friend of mine and informed me that he has chosen to still be training with pbc as he lives right next to the ground and has enjoyed the guys and atmosphere there.

Money is not a motivator. Hope that helps with his reasons for being there.

Who you trying to kid, all of Palm Beach n Labradors recruits this year is due to them having more cash than the other clubs & offered them amounts they couldn't refuse, they weren't lured by club culture or facilities, it was all about the $$$$$
I have no dramas with clubs spending up big, If you've the cash you might aswell spend it but just make sure you get the success or your open for criticism, clubs are judged on premiership cups in their trophy cabinets not by the amount of dollars in their savings account but well ran clubs have both

Doddsy75

Team Captain
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
What is it about their culture that is not good?

I think the long term trend of the behaviour of some of their players, coaching staff and supporters over the last decade speaks for itself.

I'm glad someone mentioned they have worked hard on it over the last 3 years, but its a long road back to respect from the broader competition.

It's certainly not an away game I'd attend with my children, which probably says it all.

Dezario

All Australian
Dec 14, 2011
QLD
AFL Club
Geelong
I think the long term trend of the behaviour of some of their players, coaching staff and supporters over the last decade speaks for itself.

I'm glad someone mentioned they have worked hard on it over the last 3 years, but its a long road back to respect from the broader competition.

It's certainly not an away game I'd attend with my children, which probably says it all.

After speaking with clubs throughout last season they all commended the club on their improvement on and off field. (Not to mention winning club of the year)

Fair enough there will be still be people who don't like palmy. But that's what keep rivalrys healthy.

Looking forward to the start of the season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doddsy75

Team Captain
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Tyler Jones and Jake De Winter at the Magpies. But they have lost 4 to the Lions academy, obviously their best 4 players that are home grown no doubt too.

dynamo backman

Draftee
May 20, 2008
gosford
AFL Club
Carlton
Add John McCansh to that list from Surfers last year, all Palmy need now is a decent coach.

You need to check you facts on Callahan, hard at it but not sure he's ever coached, he's a Physio I'm told.

From what I've seen and heard coach Owens does an incredible job at building team culture, developing young players and implementing a good solid game plan for this level. He's proven to be an outstanding appointment for palmy coming into his 3rd season at the helm

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
From what I've seen and heard coach Owens does an incredible job at building team culture, developing young players and implementing a good solid game plan for this level. He's proven to be an outstanding appointment for palmy coming into his 3rd season at the helm

Did you watch last years granny?

Firstly Chad drops that young solid forward,whom had X factor, & the decision was even more rediculous when the Palmy fullforward goes into the game with a stuffed shoulder & couldn't take an overhead mark yet he was the main target cos the other main forward was dropped?

Then Chad allowed Mills from Labrador take about 10 uncontested marks across half back in the first half n virtually handed him the best on medal.
The palmy young backman was well containing Labradors forward Blatzloff, then he moves him down forward & Blatzloff starts kicking goals & has an impact.
Owens made Perry Mekka look like a good coach

dynamo backman

Draftee
May 20, 2008
gosford
AFL Club
Carlton
Did you watch last years granny?

Firstly Chad drops that young solid forward,whom had X factor, & the decision was even more rediculous when the Palmy fullforward goes into the game with a stuffed shoulder & couldn't take an overhead mark yet he was the main target cos the other main forward was dropped?

Then Chad allowed Mills from Labrador take about 10 uncontested marks across half back in the first half n virtually handed him the best on medal.
The palmy young backman was well containing Labradors forward Blatzloff, then he moves him down forward & Blatzloff starts kicking goals & has an impact.
Owens made Perry Mekka look like a good coach

Brilliant grammar Ablett. And for your info, this is not chad. But we all appreciate your tactical nous

Remove this Banner Ad

Back