QAFL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Some interesting results today, Palmy kicked away in the last after a very tight game against Mt.gravatt. Broady storming home against the magpies will be a huge results come the business end of the season. And Morningside had less scoring shots to beat UQ in a tight one. Good completion all round!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched the 2nd half today. Labrador have a few issues and they would need to sort them quickly as they were very poor today. A few big names on big $$$ not wanting to get down and dirty and attack the contest. Surfers wanted it more over and over again.

Some selfish footy. At one stage Baxter tried to kick a goal from the boundary kicking over his shoulder on the left when there were 2 blokes by themselves in the middle. Blokes peeling off rather than blocking for their teammates.

Hats off to surfers. They were a committed footy team and when they earned the ascendency they were skilful enough to put a more fancied opponent to the sword. If they play to that standard for the next 14 rounds they play finals.

Happy to see the cats show ticker and pull off a good win yesterday. The comp is good this year.

I watched the 2nd half today. Labrador have a few issues and they would need to sort them quickly as they were very poor today. A few big names on big $$$ not wanting to get down and dirty and attack the contest. Surfers wanted it more over and over again.

Some selfish footy. At one stage Baxter tried to kick a goal from the boundary kicking over his shoulder on the left when there were 2 blokes by themselves in the middle. Blokes peeling off rather than blocking for their teammates.

Hats off to surfers. They were a committed footy team and when they earned the ascendency they were skilful enough to put a more fancied opponent to the sword. If they play to that standard for the next 14 rounds they play finals.

Happy to see the cats show ticker and pull off a good win yesterday. The comp is good this year.

Agreed. After the results from the weekend, the Comp is very even. If you don't show up you will get beaten. Great win by Sandgate tonight!

Agreed. After the results from the weekend, the Comp is very even. If you don't show up you will get beaten. Great win by Sandgate tonight!

Agreed, watched the Gorilla's tonight and never looked comfortable. Still no Overington for the Hawks, must be injured? Pressure around the footy first class from Sandgate. Very even comp.

Wow, what's going on this year? Have aflq and there reshuffle a couple of years ago finally looking good? What is happening down at the Tigers? Hats off to Sandgate too, a lot of clubs could learn from them.

Hoho - and exactly why?? Gee some really sensitive souls here.

I'm all for Grand Final Replays, if it's Tradition!

There seems to be a lot of Double Standard regarding the Panthers. If the Panthers where to do the same, they would most likely be labeled as Arrogant. Typical Morningide behaviour! Instead of being praised!

The Morningside v Uni Match was sadly below QAFL Standards. I gather the Panthers coach would be extremely dissapointed with the boys performance. While UQ would be quite happy as they gave it to the Panthers and played 4Qtrs of footy and really deserved the win!

Agreed, watched the Gorilla's tonight and never looked comfortable. Still no Overington for the Hawks, must be injured? Pressure around the footy first class from Sandgate. Very even comp.

Hats off to young Soul Cormick too who played for the Lions on Saturday (and got in the best) then saddled up for Sandgate on the Sunday I understand. Soul has always been a great club man and a glutton for hard work (sometimes to his detriment injury wise) but this is a great example from a young player (19yrs old) and showing that he is embracing the Hawks as his new club this year.

Went to the Broadbeach vs Magpies game on Saturday.

That loss could haunt the Magpies all year. They dominated the first half like their namesakes did yesterday, but just couldn't put them away.

They still had most of the play in the 2nd half as well, apart from the last 10 minutes.

Broadbeach did a great job fighting back, but you have to say that they had plenty of help from the blokes on the whistle with some absolutely mystifying calls that changed the game completely. Really dissapointing when that happens, but the Magpies only have themselves to blame in the end - as the umpiring should have just closed the margin, not changed the result.

Only early in the season,, but geez ,, whos going to finish where on the ladder !!!
One thing i have recognized is the standard has risen significantly ... is fast and hard and great to watch

Hats off to young Soul Cormick too who played for the Lions on Saturday (and got in the best) then saddled up for Sandgate on the Sunday I understand. Soul has always been a great club man and a glutton for hard work (sometimes to his detriment injury wise) but this is a great example from a young player (19yrs old) and showing that he is embracing the Hawks as his new club this year.
Surely it is against the rules to play at a lesser div after playing Neafl on the same week end

Surely it is against the rules to play at a lesser div after playing Neafl on the same week end

Yeah I wouldnt know Chika but he isnt a listed player for the Lions, just a call up, so think it would be alright. Happens a fair bit up on the sunshine coast because the Lions occasionally grab a kid more so bc there is no QAFL team here, and the boy, if it suits, could play for his club on the same weekend - just that most dont. Soul is a bit f a freak runner so recovers pretty quickly!

Yeah I wouldnt know Chika but he isnt a listed player for the Lions, just a call up, so think it would be alright. Happens a fair bit up on the sunshine coast because the Lions occasionally grab a kid more so bc there is no QAFL team here, and the boy, if it suits, could play for his club on the same weekend - just that most dont. Soul is a bit f a freak runner so recovers pretty quickly!

In a organised competition a player receives a clearance from his club of origin to another club for the weekend. However you will probably find that in Qld no formal clearance actually occurs and yet once again we make up the rules as we go along and lets no forget the classic case of the captain of Suns reserves who is clearly ineligible to play NEAFL (Mature player over 23 can only play if AFL Reserves have 13 or less listed players, Suns haven't had less than 16 listed all year !) No-one wants to know about it !

Standard QAFL response : Rules at discretion of QAFL/AFL !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back