QAFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't say that, nor did QAFL fan.

Blairy did have a bit of coin to work with, just not as much as a few GC clubs who have always had a financial advantage due to their lease structures.

Yes ,, i believe you are spot on .... My employer is a major sponsor of the Panthers and has been for some 20 years or so .. it is no secret they were paying good coin to players in the Blair coaching regime ,,, something Blair demanded !!!!
In Blairs final season, the newly appointed heirachy concluded this has to cease as the clubs facilities were becoming so outdated it wasnt funny ...
Moving forward,, the club has gained grants , raised their own funds etc etc to assist them in improving the facilities ... give it 2 seasons and the panthers homeground will have great facilities,,, just like Broadbeach s .... these facilities will assist in attracting players without having to pay the big bucks to players .. to some degree.
May I also comment ,,, since Blairs move to coach at Aspley ,,, a wealthy club,,, success occurred in the first 2 seasons, but has dropped off ,, can you guess why !!!!!...Maybe, just maybe the same scenario ,, to much coin being paid to players ,, not to mention what Blairy is paid, ..
Blairy is easily the lowest paid coach in the NEAFL, aside from the Sydney Uni coach who would have his Uni covered.

NEAFL Have a salary cap so they are spending no more or less on players than any other club probably just managing that set money better
Canberra's salary cap is far far different to the 3 QLD teams, NT is different again

I never said we don't have a great culture, I just said we didn't mind reinforcing the myth that all our guns (including the ones we recruited from interstate or up north) played for us for nothing. Which was never the case.

Paying 1/3rd of Southport $ is pretty big $! I would have said even less.
Champion were do you get your info from.Happy to meet you down the Club Sat to run you over a few home truths on how much we payed our players so we can put the garbage you speak to bed.

Champion were do you get your info from.Happy to meet you down the Club Sat to run you over a few home truths on how much we payed our players so we can put the garbage you speak to bed.

Boys, does it really matter how much a club was paying blokes 10-15yrs ago. Completely different football landscape these days!

Plenty to talk about in the "here and now" with spots 3-5 still up for grabs making for a cracking next few weeks.

Guys I understand QAFL is run like a schoolyard with everyone getting a "turn" happens in the Award nominations every week etc but this weeks game of the round is surely Broadbeach v Western Magpies both fighting for a spot in the five. Shouldn't there be a point where the competition is treated as such and the focus goes on those succeeding and achieving, and those that aren't have no entitlements in life or Queensland footy.Might generate a bit more media interest if they embraced the concept as well.

Guys I understand QAFL is run like a schoolyard with everyone getting a "turn" happens in the Award nominations every week etc but this weeks game of the round is surely Broadbeach v Western Magpies both fighting for a spot in the five. Shouldn't there be a point where the competition is treated as such and the focus goes on those succeeding and achieving, and those that aren't have no entitlements in life or Queensland footy.Might generate a bit more media interest if they embraced the concept as well.
What do you mean by the award nominations being shared every week? Do you have an issue with the Syd Guildford or rookie votes? Is that what you mean

Yeah sometimes it is strange who is game of the week. The blog is a waste of time. I say either do a livestream or just don't bother.

Anyway the cats were good today amazing what happens when you get a few players back.

Magpies would be disappointed top 5 may be set

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So a league official goes to every game and then votes on it with the umpires? Hard then as they don't know the roles players are playing
Is this correct? It would mean the umpires are voting on the Grogan, nominating the Rising Star and the Guildford trophy. I also saw some twitter chat between AFLQ talking about the coaches forgetting to put his votes in as why a player missed out, so I think the coaches believe they have some involvement.The opaque dark web that is AFLQ, who would know ?

Coaches submit Syd Guilford and Rising Star votes every week.
So there you go publish the votes, it will create some more interest and the transparency will be good for the soul.Transparency also creates accountability and that leads to performance improvement sounds like real Leadership is needed.

Yeah sometimes it is strange who is game of the week. The blog is a waste of time. I say either do a livestream or just don't bother.

Anyway the cats were good today amazing what happens when you get a few players back.

Magpies would be disappointed top 5 may be set

All results very one-sided this week. Magpies would be filthy based on the score line. Broady always seem to kick ridiculously straight at home. Mt Gravatt did a number on the Gorillas.

Not sure Top 5 is set yet based on the season to date - I reckon we've got another twist or turn to come.

Northside Nomad ,,,
your comments about the Magpies being filthy on the scoreline ,, what do you men by this ,,, Broadbeach were on fire and blew the Magpies away ,,, at one stage close to 3 quarter time it was 16 goals to 3 goals.

Northside Nomad ,,,
your comments about the Magpies being filthy on the scoreline ,, what do you men by this ,,, Broadbeach were on fire and blew the Magpies away ,,, at one stage close to 3 quarter time it was 16 goals to 3 goals.

I mean for a team pushing for a finals spot, they wouldn't have been happy to drive back up the highway with such a heavy loss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back