QAFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Palmy are filthy about the way broady appealed after the original decision.

Sorry it's not just palmy numerous clubs throughout the league have expressed their dismay at broady.

Cotter and BA weak as piss. Ruining a blokes dream of captaining his club on gf day. I would would agree had the player been king hit but over a tackle shows the character of their club

Sorry it's not just palmy numerous clubs throughout the league have expressed their dismay at broady.

Cotter and BA weak as piss. Ruining a blokes dream of captaining his club on gf day. I would would agree had the player been king hit but over a tackle shows the character of their club

The original decision was 2 weeks not one. As I understand it they appealed the second decision. Which was the reduced sentence?
I think the real issue is the weakness shown by those on the tribunal for not standing by their original assessment, which after seeing the vision most people I have talked to at other clubs think that 3 down to 2 was fair.

The landscape has changed at all levels over the past few years and to merely right off the incident as unfortunate no longer cuts it.
The responsibility is with the tackler to ensure the player's head is protected.
It is unfortunate that Derricks misses a GF, but I would rather the conversation be more around "I hope young Blood makes a full recovery."

Not fair to attack anyone personally. I believe the club decided to appeal on a whole to support the playing group and Robert. Considering Robert has missed 1.5 games already plus this week it is only fair that Derrick misses more.

Regardless of the player who was in question (Derrick or not) they would of appealed.

Maybe Palmy should of just accepted their suspension at the start.

The tackle was graded careless not intentional. So there was no malice in it.

Because of the ongoing concussion symptoms broady decided to appeal.

The disappointing part is that they went after a player who played 100 games for them and was on good terms with everyone at the club.

Either they are still bitter at losing the first final because of the questionable umpiring call, or they expect to play palmy in the grand final and don't want Derrick playing.

Outrageous

Uneducated. Any club you would hope would have full support of their player

Not fair to attack anyone personally. I believe the club decided to appeal on a whole to support the playing group and Robert. Considering Robert has missed 1.5 games already plus this week it is only fair that Derrick misses more.

Regardless of the player who was in question (Derrick or not) they would of appealed.

Maybe Palmy should of just accepted their suspension at the start.
Gazzaa you are a peanut and so not understand the situation this is a club who derrick played for and gave his all for 6 years. It's a contact sport these things are going to happen from time to time and to be honest it was a good tackle unfortunate for rob tho. But for the cowardly act that broady have done to already appeal a one match ban and see someone miss a grand final for that is criminal and anyone with a brain would agree

http://www.goldcoastbulleti

The original decision was 2 weeks not one. As I understand it they appealed the second decision. Which was the reduced sentence?
I think the real issue is the weakness shown by those on the tribunal for not standing by their original assessment, which after seeing the vision most people I have talked to at other clubs think that 3 down to 2 was fair.

The landscape has changed at all levels over the past few years and to merely right off the incident as unfortunate no longer cuts it.
The responsibility is with the tackler to ensure the player's head is protected.
It is unfortunate that Derricks misses a GF, but I would rather the conversation be more around "I hope young Blood makes a full recovery."

This is spot on super paradise. The league at fault here. The current landscape of duty of care with sling tackles and protecting the head with the current findings about long term effects of concussion etc means that 3 down to 2 was the correct decision.

If the league held its nerve and stood firm on the 2 weeks, Then there's no appeal and it's done and there's no angst between the clubs.

And yes the fact that 90% of comments are about someone missing a GF when Really more concern should be for the young man who is unwell and also misses finals ( and longer term doubtful) is disappointing.

Anyway predictions for the prelim tomorrow?

A month ago you would have thought Labrador easily and that could definitely happen but I think it will be a great game, let's hope so and one things for sure a palmy/broadie GF would have a bit of spice to it!

Gazzaa you are a peanut and so not understand the situation this is a club who derrick played for and gave his all for 6 years. It's a contact sport these things are going to happen from time to time and to be honest it was a good tackle unfortunate for rob tho. But for the cowardly act that broady have done to already appeal a one match ban and see someone miss a grand final for that is criminal and anyone with a brain would agree

Cheers mate. As I said it is not the clubs problem if Derrick played there or not. If it was my club and we were in the same situation I am sure the same thing would of happen.

The QAFL should of appealed the decision and they are making Broadbeach look like the villains.

Lets hope the cats get up against all odds tomorrow 2010premier.

I was at the game and saw the tackle... but when seeing it on the website ,, wow... it was a fierce tackle and was a full on sling tackle ,, which is illegal and commands a mandatory 3 week suspension . Upon watching this video you can see Derrick after the tackle, looking at Blood knocked out, and his face shows it all ,,,, he knew he was in trouble right there and then.
And it doesnt matter that Derrick played footy with Broadbeach in the past ,, so did Jacko Emblem ..
I ask , what if it was the other way round .. Like a Broady player applying this illegal tackle to a Palmy player ... would Palmy of taken the same actions ????
I mentioned in a earlier post , I thought Broady should of left it alone ,, but now I support their decision to appeal.

If Nathan quick knocked a palmy player out unintentionally and copped a suspension palmy would not appeal it. It's an unwritten law to go after a player.

These things happen is contact sport it's all split second.

Dezario ,, I hear what ur saying ... but I disagree .. anyway ,, its happened and thats it ,, moving forward ,, PBC are into the Grand Final , they beat Labrador without Derrick ,,, so PBC are looking good for a premiership... but ,, that has to be done on gameday...

Not sure whether karma had anything to do with it. Labrador just too good. Pretty even first half but then Labrador took it up a notch in the 3rd and we couldn't go with it. Barry Hall could barely move last week but today he seemed to move freely and the inclusion of young Mullins gave a bit. The centre clearances were dominated by the tigers and on a windy day where transferring the ball end to end was difficult this was a key aspect.

Overall I'm pleased with our year and with 10 or so teenagers in the team a good effort to play in the prelim. Unavailability of experienced players in quick McMahon blood Shreeve Searl Brewer palmer Ellis didn't help, but I suspect Labrador would have been too good regardless.

The best 2 sides have made the GF so hopefully we get a great game. I expect the tiges to get it done, been the best side all year and had the loss they had to have last week. Good luck to both teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure whether karma had anything to do with it. Labrador just too good. Pretty even first half but then Labrador took it up a notch in the 3rd and we couldn't go with it. Barry Hall could barely move last week but today he seemed to move freely and the inclusion of young Mullins gave a bit. The centre clearances were dominated by the tigers and on a windy day where transferring the ball end to end was difficult this was a key aspect.

Overall I'm pleased with our year and with 10 or so teenagers in the team a good effort to play in the prelim. Unavailability of experienced players in quick McMahon blood Shreeve Searl Brewer palmer Ellis didn't help, but I suspect Labrador would have been too good regardless.

The best 2 sides have made the GF so hopefully we get a great game. I expect the tiges to get it done, been the best side all year and had the loss they had to have last week. Good luck to both teams.

2010 Premier ,
fully agree with your comments .. Labrador were ruthless today all over the park ...

Disappointing form from Palm Beach players and supporters yesterday racially abusing cats star Eddie Sansbury. Not on and terrible for the game and for poor Eddie himself. Abuse also came from the Labrador reserves end as well.

Nice to see Wayde Mills and Jayden Young stand up for Eddie telling the idiots to shut up etc.

Not the first time palmy have racially abused a player this year. Get some control down there President

Big call Gazza

There was general banter from the sidelines definitely no racial remarks towards sansbury. Stop trying to degrade our club.

BA was yelling out the palmy people who would be their captain next weekend. A real class act. Not surprising coming from him

Disappointing form from Palm Beach players and supporters yesterday racially abusing cats star Eddie Sansbury. Not on and terrible for the game and for poor Eddie himself. Abuse also came from the Labrador reserves end as well.

Nice to see Wayde Mills and Jayden Young stand up for Eddie telling the idiots to shut up etc.

Not the first time palmy have racially abused a player this year. Get some control down there President
Was sitting down that end and i can say i heard just as much rubbish coming out of the Broadbeach supporters. So maybe give the "Holier than thou" act a spell Gazza. Im affiliated with neither club but Broadies actions over the past week or so have been nothing short of pathetic. Anyway as i said champ, enjoy mad Monday.

Big call Gazza

There was general banter from the sidelines definitely no racial remarks towards sansbury. Stop trying to degrade our club.

BA was yelling out the palmy people who would be their captain next weekend. A real class act. Not surprising coming from him

Dezario,,,, sorry mate, but this is correct from Ablett ,,, I myself heard it and for the likes of Labrador players in Mills and Young to be telling them to knock it off just shows how bad it was.. and it was Dezario..
I appreciate club supporters on the hill as they say ,, hanging banter on players on the field , but mate this was over the top and someone from your club needs to bring them into line.
Anyway ,, good luck to your club next weekend ,,, I do hope you guys beat Labrador . !!!

Bit of a match managers gig that I reckon. Clubs can be taken to task big time. If it took a couple players to put a stop to it then that's a big tick for Labrador blokes.

Gee there sounds like some real angst in south coast footy circles right now! Only a game blokes.

Congrats to Jason Burge and Wayde Mills. 2017 grogan medalist tied on 19 votes each.

The passion of the Gold Coast teams at the moment is great. Just a shame a dog act from broady started it

What's your thoughts on Broadbeach coach awarded coach of the year ?
Labrador coach goes thru undefeated in his first season & I would've thought the premiership coach is the Coach of the year but I know it's announced pre Grand final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back