QAFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe Maroochydore should move to the QAFL then... with those 2 added to a pretty decent team, throw in a couple of Aspley NEAFL aligned they would be pretty Competitive I reckon

Depends on who they lose of course as well but yeah, 2 pretty handy footballers if it is indeed true.

Aspley seem to be losing plenty if the rumour mill is true. Thomson, French, Daye, Hughes and potentially a few others to grange, Payne and Warren up the coast.

Western Magpies Coaching Vacancies:

2018 Reserves Coach -

Looking for an experienced coach that would like to be part of a broader football and development program.
Key focus for the reserves coach is an ability to coach and develop players to prepare them for Senior Football and be part of a senior football program with consistency of message across 3 senior sides.

2018 Colts Coach -

Looking for a qualified candidate with coaching experience in either youth football, or demonstrated experience teaching an developing young men aged 16-18.
Working as part of a broader senior coaching group, the Colts coach will have adequate mentoring from the Senior Football department as well as strong support from existing assistant coaches already in place. An ability to provide personal growth opportunities for individual players in order to prepare them for Senior Football is also a strong focus for this role.

The Western Magpies successfully debuted 10 club juniors in the 2017 Senior QAFL side, in addition to finishing top of the ladder in both Colts and U/16 Division 1 competitions and will again have a strong focus on developing pathways for our significant home grown talent - making the Colts coach a vital cog in the 'one club' philosophy as a clear conduit between Senior and Youth football.

To register interest in the above positions e-mail president@westernmagpies.com.au for a confidential discussion

Any player movement news?

Heard PBC in discussions with Grayson, gun player if his body holds up.

Maggies with Harwood, wonder if he brings any of his mates with him.

Hearing grange may be the beneficiaries of the player exodus at Aspley.

Labrador will no doubt re-load and I'd expect some recruits perhaps from down south.

At the cats word around camp is that the boys are staying which is encouraging, and hopefully be able to recruit a couple to replace the retiring sans bury

Heard a couple of whispers that some members within Sandgate and Surfers both have concerns about their long term ability to compete in the comp.

No doubt the difference between the haves and have nots is a concern for the comp

Labrador will no doubt re-load and I'd expect some recruits perhaps from down south.

At the cats word around camp is that the boys are staying which is encouraging, and hopefully be able to recruit a couple to replace the retiring sans bury

Heard a couple of whispers that some members within Sandgate and Surfers both have concerns about their long term ability to compete in the comp.

No doubt the difference between the haves and have nots is a concern for the comp

Which is why I would think that promotion/relegation could be included for the QAFL/Div 1 comps mate - just allows a side to regroup in a lesser comp. Im not certain but think this obsession with getting a QAFL club on the north coast might be slowing decision making down on what is really a common sense decision re promo/releg. Think it just needs to be allowed to take its natural course and if SC clubs cant/dont want to go up unless it is on their terms then so be it.

Which is why I would think that promotion/relegation could be included for the QAFL/Div 1 comps mate - just allows a side to regroup in a lesser comp. Im not certain but think this obsession with getting a QAFL club on the north coast might be slowing decision making down on what is really a common sense decision re promo/releg. Think it just needs to be allowed to take its natural course and if SC clubs cant/dont want to go up unless it is on their terms then so be it.

Definitely worth considering. Problem is I'm not sure the premier from Div 1 wants to go up.... what do you do then?

Definitely worth considering. Problem is I'm not sure the premier from Div 1 wants to go up.... what do you do then?
Positive they dont - but when you put it in place at beginning of season then it is just an accepted practise of being in that comp. I don't think you can enforce it for 2018 but I do think you can include promo/releg in 2018 for QAFL and Div 1.
I reckon if Noosa or Maroochy knew that this was one of the pineapples for winning the Div 1 premiership this year then there would not be any complaints and the recruiting would have already begun to ensure their lists were stronger in 2018.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word is all the Gold Coast coaches will be re-appointed.

Apparently Boofa Ewing is moving to the Gold Coast so it will be interesting which club will secure his services, hard to outbid Palm Beach n Labrador cos I’m tipping demanding he’ll come with a fair price in his signature.

Word is all the Gold Coast coaches will be re-appointed.

Apparently Boofa Ewing is moving to the Gold Coast so it will be interesting which club will secure his services, hard to outbid Palm Beach n Labrador cos I’m tipping demanding he’ll come with a fair price in his signature.

He’s playing for the NT Thunder

He’s playing for the NT Thunder

Ive heard hes waying up whether to go another season for the Thunder,,, sick of the travel etc etc ,,, as for moving to the Gold Coast ,, well ive heard nothing ... is a local Darwin boy ,, so I doubt at his footy age will move down here ... time will tell

Ive heard hes waying up whether to go another season for the Thunder,,, sick of the travel etc etc ,,, as for moving to the Gold Coast ,, well ive heard nothing ... is a local Darwin boy ,, so I doubt at his footy age will move down here ... time will tell

Strong suggestion that he will be moving to SEQ in 2018 - whether that is GC or sunshine Coast time will tell. Age isn't on his side though. Damn good footballer obviously and FF is certainly one position you can play with success until age 40 but all the same he's not 23 and in his prime. Be a good person to have around your footy club though.

signed last week with thunder, It’s on the thunders Facebook page. Yes he was looking to move to the Coast and Broady, palm beach, Caloundra had spoken to him.

I have just heard , for the second time , Grayson is going back to the Wodonga Raiders in the Ovens and Murray comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back