QAFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a cost by way of rates for this service for GC clubs (less than 70k) but no doubt the council maintaining the grounds is a good thing.

Nevertheless I don’t see how it should cost 70k plus per year.

Say including preseason the ground gets used for footy for 35 weeks a year, that’s 2k per week. That’s a lot of water and fertiliser.

Could the Brisbane clubs all join together and employ someone to look after all the grounds, surely a decent deal could get done that way?

And co tenants juniors etc should share the cost?

And on another note it’s great that clubs are putting an increasing value on facilities, ultimately this will assist to grow the game in QLD, credit to those from all clubs involved

GC clubs would be paying $50K a year to council I reckon to have this service Fan.. I know Maroochy have their ground maintained by council but it is not a free ride.
Agree smy,whilst govt grants seem to be awarded to local footy clubs whose grounds etc are maintained by their local councils,still
Believe it's way more beneficial to own your own facility where 1/ you are still very much in the running for government grants and 2/ can at your will and answering only to your appointed ctee use your facility for fundraising such as markets,weddings,corporate functions,etc .agree that volunteers still required and as with most local footy clubs the same people seem to do everything

Agree smy,whilst govt grants seem to be awarded to local footy clubs whose grounds etc are maintained by their local councils,still
Believe it's way more beneficial to own your own facility where 1/ you are still very much in the running for government grants and 2/ can at your will and answering only to your appointed ctee use your facility for fundraising such as markets,weddings,corporate functions,etc .agree that volunteers still required and as with most local footy clubs the same people seem to do everything

100% YDM - Noosa is a classic case of this - great clubhouse but most importantly can use it for whatever and whenever they like. I know council were getting easily the $50K (probably more) between Maroochy senior and junior clubs, AFLSunshine Coast, SC masters, AFL Umpires.

See Palm Beach have lost Troutman and Sercombe ,,, but have recruited Southport players in Croad, Crowley, Holland and Thynne... geez ,, thats a great start in regards to defending the flag in 2018..

Anyone know of when preseason training will start for clubs?

I saw div 1 club Burleigh have already started, seems crazy early.

November 20 at the earliest I reckon makes more sense

Anyone know of when preseason training will start for clubs?

I saw div 1 club Burleigh have already started, seems crazy early.

November 20 at the earliest I reckon makes more sense

I think the actual season starts earlier for a few of the lower divisions?

I don't think any QAFL clubs have started yet have they?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cats back on the 28th. It’s the latest we have come back for a long time but last year the preseason dragged on so its probably makes sense, and I can’t see the season starting till after the comm games.

Cats back on the 28th. It’s the latest we have come back for a long time but last year the preseason dragged on so its probably makes sense, and I can’t see the season starting till after the comm games.

YeH will be interesting to see when the season does start. I think April 22 will be too late tbh and if they do then it won’t allow for any breaks during the season proper bc they will not want t9 bump into afl finals late.
Traffic could be chaotic on the Gold Coast but if games were scheduled on the 14th but not on GC it could work. Reckon the 7th as well.

Labrador seem quite sofar on the recruiting but with the cash they have to splash I’m sure the recruits will soon arrive.
I heard Mills is retiring and going travelling, anyone conform or deny this?
Leave a Big whole in their backline if so.

Labrador seem quite sofar on the recruiting but with the cash they have to splash I’m sure the recruits will soon arrive.

Not sure about Mills ,, but ive heard the same rumour ,,, they have also lost full back in Young ,, whom is having a crack at NEAFL level. He is a good player and a loss to the Tigers

maybe they don't have the $$ to go hunting for players in 2018?

Yeah just my thought as well. Seems like the money is running thin at the tigers.

Perhaps the cards are being kept close to the chest.... you can afford to do that when you have had the success the they have in the last couple of years.

I’ve heard that Mills, Hall and Featherstone are retired, that would surely free up some cash for a few. ( not that Todd would be on much ). I’d be shocked if there were not a couple good new players at the Tigers next year.

More importantly have the teams that missed the finals picked up a few?

Whispers that Grange got a few Aspley guys but until we hear names that are signed it’s just whispers. Trewhella a massive out.

Harwood to Maggies is a good get but more needed, and an aging Morningside list could use an influx. Stubbs apparently is looking at NEAFL options , not sure what else is going on at the Vultures.

Sandgate I’m not 100% convinced are playing in the right competition. Hopefully for their sake they prove me wrong.

Surfers are also battling the odds they have picked up a couple and have generally done well but the long term who knows?

And Baxter flirted with QAFL and then re-signed with Southport

Perhaps the cards are being kept close to the chest.... you can afford to do that when you have had the success the they have in the last couple of years.

I’ve heard that Mills, Hall and Featherstone are retired, that would surely free up some cash for a few. ( not that Todd would be on much ). I’d be shocked if there were not a couple good new players at the Tigers next year.

More importantly have the teams that missed the finals picked up a few?

Whispers that Grange got a few Aspley guys but until we hear names that are signed it’s just whispers. Trewhella a massive out.

Harwood to Maggies is a good get but more needed, and an aging Morningside list could use an influx. Stubbs apparently is looking at NEAFL options , not sure what else is going on at the Vultures.

Sandgate I’m not 100% convinced are playing in the right competition. Hopefully for their sake they prove me wrong.

Surfers are also battling the odds they have picked up a couple and have generally done well but the long term who knows?

And Baxter flirted with QAFL and then re-signed with Southport
Riley buntain signed at cooparoo last week.was keen on heading back to Noosa but couldn't get to every training session and decided to play with mates at cooparoo big signing for them really good player to watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back