QAFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You've made a quite a few ridiculous comments now. There is no comparison between the sports. In the same gym at the same time is very different to training together.
The female skills and running ability is not at the level to train together. It would drag the standard of the training down and the male players would get frustrated in my opinion.
Yeah bc the blokes at div 3 footy are close to elite athletes..... hoho.

Fleet footed

Debutant
Jan 17, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah bc the blokes at div 3 footy are close to elite athletes..... hoho.
Keep trying to justify your comments anyway you like or see fit. This is a qafl forum not division 3 or female footy. Time to move on from this topic mate you've made enough invalid comments.

FAN THE MAN

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A Div 2 Senior side would be premiers in AFLW, and do it easily too.

Power, strength and skill are not even comparable.

Comparative fitness might be close with weekend warriors, but being fit is useless if you can't get the ball. My niece plays QWAFL Footy and I'm confident my 12 year old grandson is a better player than her.

Dezario

All Australian
Dec 14, 2011
QLD
AFL Club
Geelong
I wouldn’t have a problem with them doing the warm up together. But that would be it.

Yes it brings the club together but to compare the skill sets and attributes... that’s just outrageous

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I wouldn’t have a problem with them doing the warm up together. But that would be it.

Yes it brings the club together but to compare the skill sets and attributes... that’s just outrageous

Maybe we should ask the clubs that are apparently practising this “ ridiculous” idea rather than thinking that old Johnny smith who rocks up in his boardies and bali singlet, had a kick last about 10 years ago (he thinks) is actually going to contribute more to the quality of training than a div 1 female player...

Like I said Cooly would be an ideal club for it to occur, probably assist both groups!
And if a girl was AFLW bound then wash my mouth out, she would actually not be out of place training with a QAFL group! Won’t be in the best 22 but certainly as good as some of the blokes on the 2s list.

Tbh the biggest downside imo to this practise would be the social aspect ie still need places where blokes can be blokes, speak crap, etc without looking over shoulder. But having seen some of these girls party I’m not sure who are worse anyway!
Just an opinion guys, don’t get too shirty with it...

FAN THE MAN

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
And if a girl was AFLW bound then wash my mouth out, she would actually not be out of place training with a QAFL group! Won’t be in the best 22 but certainly as good as some of the blokes on the 2s list.

You can't be serious. 2's footy at QAFL level is light years ahead of AFLW, may as well be a different sport.

There would be 100 blokes playing 2's at QAFL level that would be the best player in the AFLW competition if they hid the meat and potatoes.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You can't be serious. 2's footy at QAFL level is light years ahead of AFLW, may as well be a different sport.

There would be 100 blokes playing 2's at QAFL level that would be the best player in the AFLW competition if they hid the meat and potatoes.
Just saw Collingwood men’s and women’s doing a session together today...

Apr 26, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Some excellent recruits for Grange on the AFLQ website. I reckon they will play finals.

here is an early ladder prediction:

PBC - clearly the team to beat with the recruitment of several Sharks

Cats- have kept most from last year and picked up a couple, young side with potential for improvement

Lab- will always be there abouts but have been a touch quiet in the off season

Grange- have recruited 1/3 of a team mostly NEAFL experienced players , the big improver

Morningside- just because their Morningside and they seem to make finals every year

—————————-

Magpies- Harwood/ Corrie and co see them improve, decent finals chance

Mt Gravatt- I’m just guessing if I’m honest but seems one or 2 others have more scope for improvement

Surfers- will punch above weight like always but simply don’t have the cattle to play finals

Sandgate- I may be wrong but 0-16 a real possibility and a few hidings likely. They can I’ll afford to lose players which seems to be happening.

Jun 2, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
reckon it will be a pretty even comp personally. Panthers missed finals only last season, so its no given for them anymore.

A few equalisation policies 12 months away, but every club doing their bit to improve. Standard will pick up in 2018 again imo, it dropped in 2017 compared to the previous 2 seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Agree with you Thommo. Having a dozen or more NEAFL players coming back to play with various teams on a permanent basis will really assist the standard. Think grange feel that their gains basically off set their losses But yeah they will be solid.

YOULL DO ME

Senior List
Jul 4, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Or was told of a paycut to make way for the recruits.

To be honest I haven’t seen him play a decent game yet,
Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane
In the 20 odd so years I've been up Britain in the top handful of players I've seen tore a very good Noosa side apart up here and most of us rememberer and still talk about it gun footballer

Judge

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
In the 20 odd so years I've been up Britain in the top handful of players I've seen tore a very good Noosa side apart up here and most of us rememberer and still talk about it gun footballer

Agreed, at times when Brittain has been up and going he's looked to me like someone who could have coped with playing AFL at senior level, at least in terms of physicality and skill, but being so injury prone has taken its toll.

The Gorillas are still hopeful that Steve will go around again next year but they are giving him some space and whatever happens I don't think he will be making any decision until after New Year.

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
Agreed, at times when Brittain has been up and going he's looked to me like someone who could have coped with playing AFL at senior level, at least in terms of physicality and skill, but being so injury prone has taken its toll.

The Gorillas are still hopeful that Steve will go around again next year but they are giving him some space and whatever happens I don't think he will be making any decision until after New Year.

Too top heavy has to the injuries maybe ?

Judge

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Too top heavy has to the injuries maybe ?

Could well be, pretty sure a lot of his injuries have been ankle-related.

My impression is that the Gorillas are working on the assumption that Britts won't be coming back but hoping to be pleasantly surprised, seems to be a happy and optimistic camp at this very early stage anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back