Remove this Banner Ad

Dezario

All Australian
Dec 14, 2011
QLD
AFL Club
Geelong
An absolute gun when up and going.

My grandma would be more durable though.

Hopefully he doesn’t give the game away. Good servant to qld footy and a great fella

switchingplay

Team Captain
Jan 1, 2011
Sunny Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Or was told of a paycut to make way for the recruits.

To be honest I haven’t seen him play a decent game yet,
Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane
You obviously havent seen him much then! Would have been one of the best in Qld at his peak. So versatile, strong and difficult match up, can run rampant through the midfield then rest at FF and kick a bag. Agree doesnt seem to get on the paddock near enough but his best was outstanding at this level.

Krakour Magic

Debutant
Jan 28, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Monash Blues
You obviously havent seen him much then! Would have been one of the best in Qld at his peak. So versatile, strong and difficult match up, can run rampant through the midfield then rest at FF and kick a bag. Agree doesnt seem to get on the paddock near enough but his best was outstanding at this level.

One of the best in the comp since 2012. Maybe a step back up to Aspley would be worthwhile, rather than a step down to Div 1? Would be a shame if he pulled the pin altogether. Injuries denied he and Daniel a lot of games over the years.

Dezario

All Australian
Dec 14, 2011
QLD
AFL Club
Geelong
Very late start. Palmy have the bye round 1 so won’t start until the 29th April!

I still think it needs to be a 10 team Comp with 5 games a weekend.

And to lock the gf venue in so early seems stupid.

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
If the season starts earlier then it has to end earlier unless you have extra byes to stretch the season out.
Plus the later start lesson the risk of the first few rounds being played in hotter conditions

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
22nd of April start again to me is ridiculous. But aflq say the clubs agreed to it but not unanimous. Yeronga gf locked in. What if 2 coast teams make it. They reck there is a great atmosphere at yetonga

Yeronga has a small crowd capacity, so if you get some 2000 plus at a game ,, they are closely bunched and that gives a good atmosphere ,,,, the ground surface is exceptional,,, but the ground is small compared to most of the QAFL clubs, it heads east to west , which creates a huge sun problem when the ball is in the air, facilities are ordinary and parking is limited ..

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Very late start. Palmy have the bye round 1 so won’t start until the 29th April!

I still think it needs to be a 10 team Comp with 5 games a weekend.

And to lock the gf venue in so early seems stupid.

Dezario ,
agree with you ,,, and back to a 10 team comp would be great,,,,,, What Im worried about it may well go to a 8 team comp ... re; Sandgate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FAN THE MAN

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I imagine if those 3 clubs go back, more than just Surfers and Sandgate would want to move down.

Community clubs can't compete with behemoths like them

FAN THE MAN

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Grange??

Money doesn't buy culture. Spent up big pre-season last year and were worse than Sandgate at the end of the season

Judge

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Grange??

Money doesn't buy culture. Spent up big pre-season last year and were worse than Sandgate at the end of the season

What money are you talking about? I can absolutely guarantee you that Grange is not paying big money to any new recruit, as we just don’t have it.

Nor do we have any white knights/club presidents contributing big sums towards players’ wages, unlike say ... the Magpies.

I do know what we offered Ryan Harwood, which is about half of what he’s getting this year.

FAN THE MAN

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
what is he getting? My understanding of the Magpies is that they assist with careers as opposed to paying big money

Isn't Thommo42 the President over there? I doubt he's funding player wages personally?? (Did you win the Lotto Tommo?)

What is the definition of big money in the QAFL these days anyway? I heard Hannaford last year was laughed out of the room by the Vultures and Magpies, but the Gorillas obviously met his demands. Sounds like definitions vary between clubs

FAN THE MAN

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
You would be doing pretty well at any club to be getting more than $500 a game.

My mail is that no player gets more than $300/game at any Brisbane based QAFL club except Grange, who have multiple players getting this sort of coin in 2018, and had a few (3+) on that sort of dough in 2017 as well.

Could be a furphy, but thats what I was told by pretty reliable folks.

Would think Harwood commands more than that, but the stuff quoted about him varies widely depending on who you speak to.

Staker wouldn't have been paying for peanuts in 2016 either, surely $500+ at least? Anyone got any mail there?

FAN THE MAN

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Did hannaford even get a kick last year? Playing a good season for UQ shouldn’t warrant big money. Especially when your shopping yourself around

Nope. I think the clubs that laughed at him were pretty content with that decision given what he produced.

goalkicker11

All Australian
Feb 14, 2007
house
AFL Club
Essendon
My mail is that no player gets more than $300/game at any Brisbane based QAFL club except Grange, who have multiple players getting this sort of coin in 2018, and had a few (3+) on that sort of dough in 2017 as well.

Could be a furphy, but thats what I was told by pretty reliable folks.

Would think Harwood commands more than that, but the stuff quoted about him varies widely depending on who you speak to.

Staker wouldn't have been paying for peanuts in 2016 either, surely $500+ at least? Anyone got any mail there?
Harwood wanted more than 30k and he was offered a lump sum up front from the magpies. If a club wants to pay blokes and it doesn’t send the club broke then I’m ok with it, let’s remeber we are all trying to win premierships and last year the 2 Clubs with the biggest budgets played on grand final day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back