QAFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Are the match videos from the QAFL games available for viewing to general public? If so, where can I find them and how long after the games area they available?

Aslong as they didn't commit a crime , or do a Todd Carney and try to piss in their own mouth or eachothers then I'm sure they were just enjoying a normal night out and whoever picked them out was just being an old fart that shouldn't have been in the RE after dark

Interesting results this weekend with the Vultures and the Grange winning ,
I see Morningside took it right up to Labrador .
And Palm Beach demolished a Broady side with a strong list that just is not performing anywhere near the quality of this list.
Anyway, only early days yet..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big win by Wilston Grange at Western Magpies.

Early call but I reckon the 5 is already set, it's a only a matter of the 3rd, 4th n 5th positions as Labrador n Palmy to finish 1 n 2

Labrador were gettable on the weekend, had a few out and we were pushing hard. Just lacked a bit of composure, while the Tigers boys seem to have plenty of belief that they will get the job done when it counts. that sort of belief in a side when the chips are down is invaluable, as we had control of the game for large parts - but Labrador just seem to find a way. very efficient at ground level when they get the ball forward.

Good effort by Grange to knock off the impressive Magpies on their home track, I heard it was a cracking last quarter - might watch the reply later.

I note that old Clarkey is running around in the 2's - how does that work when you are coaching seniors?

Watched the Grange vs Magpies game on Saturday, gee the Magpies have some very limited players. Grange got by on talent alone, while the Magpie coach is sowing a silk purse from a sows ear getting them up and about with some of the layers they have running around. Skill level really hurt them at crucial times, especially under pressure late. Didn't get into their defensive 50 much, but when it did they looked like giving up a goal every time.

#12 the shining light back there - can take a grab.

Labrador were gettable on the weekend, had a few out and we were pushing hard. Just lacked a bit of composure, while the Tigers boys seem to have plenty of belief that they will get the job done when it counts. that sort of belief in a side when the chips are down is invaluable, as we had control of the game for large parts - but Labrador just seem to find a way. very efficient at ground level when they get the ball forward.

Good effort by Grange to knock off the impressive Magpies on their home track, I heard it was a cracking last quarter - might watch the reply later.

I note that old Clarkey is running around in the 2's - how does that work when you are coaching seniors?
Saw that he played in #8 - His old mans number from the 70s. Maybe he was trying to prove some kind of point to his father or his old club.

Interesting results this weekend with the Vultures and the Grange winning ,
I see Morningside took it right up to Labrador .
And Palm Beach demolished a Broady side with a strong list that just is not performing anywhere near the quality of this list.
Anyway, only early days yet..

Yeah was surprised to see the final score, what's going on, Palmy had atleast of their better players out too.
Broadbeach were talked about early on to be real contenders this season with their recruiting etc...

Last edited:
Yeah was surprised she see the final score, what's going on, Palmy had atleast of their better players out too.
Broadbeach were talked about early on to be real contenders this season with their recruiting etc...

Should have lost Round 2 as well.
I think people may have forgotten how far off it they were at the end of last season. Think their recruits have them improving but not sure they will bounce back to be finals bound. A few of their players will get fitter over the next month. Might be too late.
Surfers have been unlucky without getting the chocolates. Could do with a few more senior bodies but must admit - real happy with effort and style of footy that they are trying to play. Moore is an impressive coach.
Lab and Palmy still the strongest by some distance - Morningside will be interesting. Think they could be around the mark towards latter part of season - tough draw initially.
not sure what exactly, but have heard some measures are being discussed around salary cap/points system?
Is still a big gap in the competition.

AFLQ celebrate and promote the likes of Barry Hall treating the competition like a retirement playground, until that sort of thing is denounced, rather than celebrated by the governing body - it will keep happening

AFLQ celebrate and promote the likes of Barry Hall treating the competition like a retirement playground, until that sort of thing is denounced, rather than celebrated by the governing body - it will keep happening

Why wouldn't they want to promote someone of his stature playing QAFL? Queensland AFL needs as much coverage as it can get. If his name was Garry Hall and he was just an unknown 36 year old recruit who came into a club and was a great key forward, would you have an issue? You look at everything in footy in such a negative way, bet you are a barrel of fun to be around

Remove this Banner Ad

Back