QAFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

pinocchio

Senior List
Apr 7, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well ,, at the moment we know they have lost some, but gained some good players from Southport ,,,, must say they will be the ones to beat ..

Palm Beach and Broadbeach i believe will be the teams to beat, Palmy have lost [ well Heron and Dawson got Drafted ] Graham will be with the academy and play NEAFL when available, and McDonald has gone to southport. Those boys where all very important players on Grand Final day, and people will tell you Jack Crowley is the coach and brains behind what happened at the lions this year, and I've heard he is not around this year [ this might hurt the lions]. In my eyes Crowley and Croad are the good players they have picked up. Broadbeach have picked up a few good players but really have lost no one to my knowledge. Labrador have lost a few and have not picked anyone up so I'm expecting them to drop from the top 2 for the first time in 5 years. Wilston Grange would be everyones smokey i would think, and no disrespect to the tigers but it will be good to see two other QAFL teams competing for the 2018 cup, a very even season coming up. Broadbeach v Palm Beach in the Grand final ,how good would that be both hate each other even more over the Derrick incident this year , i will drive to Brisbane to watch that.

thunderdoc

Team Captain
May 27, 2010
dimboola
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Palm Beach and Broadbeach i believe will be the teams to beat, Palmy have lost [ well Heron and Dawson got Drafted ] Graham will be with the academy and play NEAFL when available, and McDonald has gone to southport. Those boys where all very important players on Grand Final day, and people will tell you Jack Crowley is the coach and brains behind what happened at the lions this year, and I've heard he is not around this year [ this might hurt the lions]. In my eyes Crowley and Croad are the good players they have picked up. Broadbeach have picked up a few good players but really have lost no one to my knowledge. Labrador have lost a few and have not picked anyone up so I'm expecting them to drop from the top 2 for the first time in 5 years. Wilston Grange would be everyones smokey i would think, and no disrespect to the tigers but it will be good to see two other QAFL teams competing for the 2018 cup, a very even season coming up. Broadbeach v Palm Beach in the Grand final ,how good would that be both hate each other even more over the Derrick incident this year , i will drive to Brisbane to watch that.

thunderdoc

Team Captain
May 27, 2010
dimboola
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Grange no chance, will be competitive for first 5 rounds and then predictably drop away. It will be all Gold Coast, Magpies maybe with a young list and Ryan Hardwood. My preditions at end of premiership rounds in order

PBC
Broadbeach
Labrador
daylight !!

1 tym eagle

Debutant
Jun 10, 2007
cummra
AFL Club
West Coast
According to labradors Facebook they ain't done with recruiting just yet.
Already got one from Ballarat. Couple more to come.

pinocchio

Senior List
Apr 7, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
According to labradors Facebook they ain't done with recruiting just yet.
Already got one from Ballarat. Couple more to come.

I heard this also have picked up two from Nth Ballarat in the VFL, and are about to get another 2 or 3 from GVFL, so i was told last night.

pinocchio

Senior List
Apr 7, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
The same person also said the new football manager has rubbed a few boys up the wrong way already, seems he's out on the track yelling out and giving directions during drills. He might just need to stick to the job he was employed to do....Football Manager and leave the coaching to the coaches..

Gazzaa

Debutant
Jul 30, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Broadbeach v Palm Beach GF. A local gold coast rivalry with the potential to have a huge crowd (3k+) if hosted on the gold coast instead it will be in Brisbane and have 500 people. Well done AFLQ.

Aug 27, 2007
brisbane
AFL Club
Essendon
Always thought Crowley was made a scapegoat at Southport after the 2010 season

goalkicker11

All Australian
Feb 14, 2007
house
AFL Club
Essendon
Broadbeach v Palm Beach GF. A local gold coast rivalry with the potential to have a huge crowd (3k+) if hosted on the gold coast instead it will be in Brisbane and have 500 people. Well done AFLQ.
Come on Gazzaa the season hasn't started yet, should we cancel the season now as you have booked in the 2 team playing off on grand final day. Lets at least wait until round 15 before we blow up about where the grand final is.

Basher101

Rookie
May 12, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Come on Gazzaa the season hasn't started yet, should we cancel the season now as you have booked in the 2 team playing off on grand final day. Lets at least wait until round 15 before we blow up about where the grand final is.

Unless the GF is at Broadbeach Gazzaa will likely blow a fuse.
I’d say there is a good chance of some ladder movement in the QAFL this year which is a good thing. Don’t be surprised if WG, Morningside, MtG or the WM are playing deep into finals. Just because the coast clubs are spruiking lots of recruits means nothing.
There’s nothing like getting ahead of yourself in January hey Gazzaa??

Apr 26, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
As a long term Cats supporter , I’m definitely not counting any chickens...

We have lost a few and gained a few, and no longer can fly under the radar like we did a bit last year. Hopefully the players handle the expectation of being one of the early favourites, but agree there’s no guarantees.

And agree there’s 7 clubs that can realistically play past the first week of finals, it would be boring if the result was known

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
As a long term Cats supporter , I’m definitely not counting any chickens...

We have lost a few and gained a few, and no longer can fly under the radar like we did a bit last year. Hopefully the players handle the expectation of being one of the early favourites, but agree there’s no guarantees.

And agree there’s 7 clubs that can realistically play past the first week of finals, it would be boring if the result was known

Must agree 2010 Premier ... it all comes down to the actual results come game day ...
I see The Grange have lost 2 guns in Trewalla and Brittan ,, but they were at the end of the careers anyway ,, the Aspley players they have recruited will more then cover these 2 retirements ,, and they have good depth with their reserve grade side and its results in 2017 ... I feel they will be a very good side this season

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
Must agree 2010 Premier ... it all comes down to the actual results come game day ...
I see The Grange have lost 2 guns in Trewalla and Brittan ,, but they were at the end of the careers anyway ,, the Aspley players they have recruited will more then cover these 2 retirements ,, and they have good depth with their reserve grade side and its results in 2017 ... I feel they will be a very good side this season

Haniford gone to so they would need a few onballers just to be at par

Blackdog32

Senior List
Apr 27, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
The same person also said the new football manager has rubbed a few boys up the wrong way already, seems he's out on the track yelling out and giving directions during drills. He might just need to stick to the job he was employed to do....Football Manager and leave the coaching to the coaches..

You’ll find that the senior coach asked him to introduce a few drills into training. Nothing to worry about except your nose growing Pinocchio .

Apr 26, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Interesting to see some praccy games vs neafl sides. And games scheduled that require trips up and down the M1 during comm games?

Seems odd. Id have thought during comm games you would try and get teams of close proximity to play

Fleet footed

Debutant
Jan 17, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Hahahahahaha are you saying l have a big nose Blackdog ?
Without knowing what he meant I would suggest he's saying you are just throwing darts everywhere and hoping one sticks.

I'm sure every club is queuing up to get your football knowledge, since you have a opinion for every club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back