QAFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

What considerations are there for promoting a junior to QAFL level?

If they are good enough, they get picked. We had a 16 year old last year, and had 16 year olds debut in 2015 and 2016 as well.

the guy that debuted round 1, wouldn't have been far from a callup last year when he was 16 as well.

Pretty sure PBC have had a few 15 years olds play seniors in the last 5 or so years also.

Vultures beat Broady by 8 points today ... very windy conditions , Broady looking the classier side all day , but made many mistakes with disposal and the Vultures took advantage of this ,, also the Vultures tall timber were dominant in the marking area and their pressure was first class.

Vultures were the better side on the day. A combination of pressure, wind and over possession forced us into error. Mounties On top of the ladder for a reason, a good side.

Credit to our lads who never threw in the towel and nearly pinched it at the end. Hopefully we can bounce back v lab next week, it’s been a couple of years since we have beaten them.

Big couple of weeks coming up for the cats with lab and palmy to come. They would be hoping to win at least one of these to maintain their foot in top 3. Don’t think they have beaten either side for a couple of years

Well the upset of the season so far good on Sandgate for getting it done.

Cats looked good today but must say I’m surprised how much the tigers have dropped off. I know they started slow a couple years ago in premiership year but they look off the pace at the moment.

Not surprised to see the maggies get a win they are pretty good, had a tough draw to start, I expect them to play finals.

Agreed well done Sandgate. They of had many away wins in the last few years.

Also agree with magpies playing finals saw them play last week and are a very honest side.

Big game next week at Broadbeach when they face palm beach

Well the upset of the season so far good on Sandgate for getting it done.

Cats looked good today but must say I’m surprised how much the tigers have dropped off. I know they started slow a couple years ago in premiership year but they look off the pace at the moment.

Not surprised to see the maggies get a win they are pretty good, had a tough draw to start, I expect them to play finals.

Another great prediction for the QAFL FAN... Sandgate to not win a game... classic fan...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another great prediction for the QAFL FAN... Sandgate to not win a game... classic fan...

All jokes aside longy, it looks like the footy club is a bit invigorated with new coach, new direction, new culture?

That is a great win and just looking at score lines it seems that the hawks have been competitve every week. Good to see as they have probably been seen as the poorer cousin on the north side to a few othersover the past few decades.

All jokes aside longy, it looks like the footy club is a bit invigorated with new coach, new direction, new culture?

That is a great win and just looking at score lines it seems that the hawks have been competitve every week. Good to see as they have probably been seen as the poorer cousin on the north side to a few othersover the past few decades.

I’m not involved at Sandgate in any way. Good to see them get a win, Marshy is a good fella and picking up a win with such a young side is a credit to him.

They’ve been held back the last few years due to having a draconian coach who’d lost touch with the modern game.
Now Sandgate have a modern coach and they are moving forward, they’ll get a few more wins too , especially at home ?

Morningside have a few concerns too.

Losing games and they have not faced early front runners PBC or vultures.

Big game next week lab v siders the loser has an uphill battle to play finals I reckon

Morningside have a few concerns too.

Losing games and they have not faced early front runners PBC or vultures.

Big game next week lab v siders the loser has an uphill battle to play finals I reckon

Agree,, Panthers have dropped off in all grades .... I know they are trying to club great to the 300 game mark this season but he is now really battling . As is another club great in Kinch.
But must say the Panthers are putting plenty into improving the clubs facilities looking to the future ability to draw players to the club without the burden of large player game payments to some degree.

Hey guys been out for a while down in Victoria watching some country footy whilst visiting family, how about Sandgate this week wowee what an upset and no clue on hohns I did hear surfers have a bit of an injury list tho so that’s maybe the reason for the big loss yesterday none the less great weekend of qafl footy!

Broadbeach or Palm Beach this week?

Personally I hear PBC have a few out? Anyone confirm? Players Like Burge and McKenzie possibly Anthony?

If ever there was a better time to defeat Palm Beach in 2018 ,its tomorrow . They have some handy inclusions ( Anthony, Holland,Turner ,Mckenzie) but that is far outweighed by the loss of Burge, Emblem, Mcniven, Dawson, Neuhaus and Grayson.
Broady are close to full strength ( Mcmahon is a big out in a game like this ), and at home Im tipping the Cats to sneak home.

If ever there was a better time to defeat Palm Beach in 2018 ,its tomorrow . They have some handy inclusions ( Anthony, Holland,Turner ,Mckenzie) but that is far outweighed by the loss of Burge, Emblem, Mcniven, Dawson, Neuhaus and Grayson.
Broady are close to full strength ( Mcmahon is a big out in a game like this ), and at home Im tipping the Cats to sneak home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back