QAFL 2018

Discussion in 'Queensland Footy' started by damochandler, Jan 18, 2018.

Put it out there
  1. Thommo 42

Thommo 42 Norm Smith Medallist

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    I'm unsure if you understand, but the QAFL is a league with 9 clubs. There hasn't been any forfeits in this league (lol!) so it has ZERO relevance.

find whichever league it relates to and go and post your dribble there.

Tiger2000 and Blocker Roach like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Longy_Zillmere

Longy_Zillmere Rookie

Geelong
    Other teams:
    Probably my favourite post on Bigfoot’s ever. Cop that Thommo.... good day to you sir... classic

Thommo 42 and Mudsticks like this.
  3. FAN THE MAN

FAN THE MAN Senior List

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    obviously relates to Darling Downs, there is a thread here for that. Take your whining over there. QAFL is not all footy in Queensland, its the elite competition where people don't permit to opposition and have forfeits

You are already a prolific poster in the AFL Darling Downs thread, so why drop your smelly turds in this one?

Also, get back on your meds.

4. Longy_Zillmere

Longy_Zillmere Rookie

Geelong
    Other teams:
    I love this guy

5. FAN THE MAN

FAN THE MAN Senior List

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    or you could just post stuff in the appropriate thread rather than trying to overuse your thesaurus in a poor attempt to look intelligent.

I feel for whichever president and coach of the club you refer to here, but don't wish to name, having to deal with someone like you. Maybe go and ask in the NEAFL thread?

6. Longy_Zillmere

Longy_Zillmere Rookie

Geelong
    Other teams:
    Please don’t confuse my comments for support. You could be the biggest nuffy to grace these pages for some time, Fan included. My love is for the stupidity and also using the term “good day to you sir”, like some sort of medieval knight...

And using insults off urban dictionary, well that was icing on a very stupid and funny cake...

Lensen, Tiger2000 and Thommo 42 like this.
  7. Mudsticks

Mudsticks Senior List

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Surfers ran Palmy to within two goals on the weekend, how do you guy's rate Surfers chance of playing finals. They are certainly going along better than predicted.

8. DoItForCaptBlood

DoItForCaptBlood Club Legend

Richmond
    Other teams:
    The seriousness of the incident I feel warrants a full blown inquiry. Perhaps AFLQ needs to step in, perhaps with a few AFL representatives. Gill would no doubt need to be updated each week on progress.

My advice to the president is to beat his shield upon his shield and to no man or beast yield.

Comedy gold.

Thommo 42 likes this.
  9. DoItForCaptBlood

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Not sure on the outs for Surfers, but Palmy have a few to strengthen the team that played last weekend moving into the latter part of the year.

10. Super Paradise

Super Paradise Rookie

Geelong
    Other teams:
    LAB - you generally make some good points in regards to the competition in QLD - leave yourself open in the biased stakes on some viewpoints though !!

QLD footy is once again in a state of flux. Or has it been any other way? Until they resolve the NEAFL issues I think it is difficult to say where to next or what is the best way forward. The costs are ridiculous and not in line with the return. The NEAFL more even this year but how many Queenslanders are actually playing in it? Southport better run and community clubs only play AFL teams once had made it better.
    Can't see why the QAFL can't return to how it was in 2010 pre NEAFL but at closer to NEAFL standard with the influx of the 3 QLD teams.
    Sandgate and my club probably drop out and maybe Grange. Bring in Noosa I say.

Get rid of point systems and just have a minimum number of 5yr and beyond QLD living players. So if you have a senior list of 55 - 35 must have been living in QLD 5 years or more. Something like this with a salary cap would work better.

Surfers can play finals but need to get a scalp in my opinion. Still think 7-8 wins will be a great result. Palmy just cruising - will suffer from boredom and may drop one along the way due to complacency. We were not far off. Injuries cannot be an excuse as they picked up a few players off limited pre seasons and that is bad luck and poor management when these guys break down.
    Still think Labrador can come home strongly...…………………………………………..

YOULL DO ME and smy1305 like this.
  11. Thommo 42

Thommo 42 Norm Smith Medallist

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    wow.

Lensen likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Tiger2000

Tiger2000 Rookie

Richmond
    Other teams:
    After not jumping on this page for awhile I'm wishing I stayed away after reading the above nonsense.

13. Tiger2000

Tiger2000 Rookie

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Thanks! Someone actually wanting to chat about QAFL!

14. Dezario

Dezario Team Captain

Geelong
    Other teams:
    Surfers look quite impressive. Yes, palmy have a heap of there top players out but I can see surfers winning 7-10 games.

They play with a purpose and are well coached and drilled.

Mudsticks likes this.
  15. stuyd1

stuyd1 Club Legend

Gold Coast
    Other teams:
    Agree,, great effort by Surfers ytd ,,, looks like at this stage of the season the top 4 will be Palmy, Vultures, Broady and Magpies ..
    From there ,, well maybe Surfers and Morningside .
    Labrador ,, well who knows ,,, still a ok list but something is terribly wrong there ,,, total lack of motivation on game day ,,

16. stuyd1

stuyd1 Club Legend

Gold Coast
    Other teams:
    Palm beach ,,,, have a lot of injuries and to top 8 players ,,, get them back and no one will beat them ..

17. stuyd1

stuyd1 Club Legend

Gold Coast
    Other teams:
    Im jumping the gun here but ask your opinion on where the grand final should be held especially if the teams involved are gold coast teams like last year ...
    2017 gf held at Southport ,,, good crowd of approx 3000 at a venue that can accomodate some 6000 at least ... resulting in a less then great atmosphere compared to 3000 being at AFLQ Headquarters ground at Yeronga.

18. stuyd1

stuyd1 Club Legend

Gold Coast
    Other teams:
    To add ,, Yeronga has much better facilities and a great playing surface ,,, only negative is the ground is positioned east to west which results in players having to deal with the sun in their eyes on a typical QLD sunny September day.

19. FAN THE MAN

FAN THE MAN Senior List

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    wasn't the GF at broady last year?

20. DoItForCaptBlood

Richmond
    Other teams:
    No Sharks.

Southport's ground is better, but at Broady the atmosphere is much better imo.

21. goalkicker11

goalkicker11 Senior List

Essendon
    Other teams:
    The grand final should be played at a QAFL clubs ground and rotate every year. Like they do in some Vic country leagues.

22. Mudsticks

Mudsticks Senior List

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    That depends who’s participating, not if two Gold Coast team and game is in Brisbane and vise versa

23. ablett

ablett Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Not much talk about the Colts on here, browsing at the Ladder it seems fairly even with 3 teams possibly being equal on top at the half way mark.
    Morningside not as strong as the past few years?
    Who coaches Broadbeach?

24. goalkicker11

goalkicker11 Senior List

Essendon
    Other teams:
    I feel it’s just the luck of the draw, doesn’t matter where grand final is played you will get a crowd

25. stuyd1

stuyd1 Club Legend

Gold Coast
    Other teams:
    So ,, Panthers belt the Vultures today ,,,wow .
    My Cats belted Sandgate ,,,, but may I say ,, Sandgate played some good passages of footy and the scoreline really doesnt show the true summary .. well done Sandgate players as you played some good footy ,,,