QAFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Agree with Damo. Never been like this. Palmy finished second in 2016, had to play prelim against magpies at Aspley

Dezario ,, that was 2016 ,, how did Palmy go in 2017 and this season ,,, home games in finals ,, 2 last season and one this season that they won and move to the grand final

Apr 19, 2005
The Pub
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
UQ AFC (My only true team)
Hello stuyd1
I've heard a similar type of comment previously, but never understood it. The No.1 Field (Downs Oval) runs largely North-South (I've tried to attach an image, hopefully it works - North is the top of the image), whilst the No.2 Field (Stevenson Oval) is more like East-West.
Looking forward to the next two weekends. If you're at the Grand Finals, drop into the Q150 History tent & say G'day. We'd be happy to chat about the impending launch of "More Of The Kangaroo - 150 Years Of Australian Football In Queensland 1866 to 2016".
Wonderful to hear mate. Will look to purchasing a copy.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dezario

All Australian
Dec 14, 2011
QLD
AFL Club
Geelong
Dezario ,, that was 2016 ,, how did Palmy go in 2017 and this season ,,, home games in finals ,, 2 last season and one this season that they won and move to the grand final

Incorrect.

2017...Played broady at home first final.
Then Beat lab at lab to qualify for gf....
1 home final

2016... 1 home final

Dezario

All Australian
Dec 14, 2011
QLD
AFL Club
Geelong
And this year they got home fin for finishing top. Have never had a home prelim, that’s all I’m saying. First time in a long time this has happened

Gazzaa

Debutant
Jul 30, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You are all delusional except for stuyd1,

Pretty sure Labrador hosted the prelim last year after hosting a final the week before. Reward the clubs that finish higher.

Jun 2, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Agree with Damo. Never been like this. Palmy finished second in 2016, had to play prelim against magpies at Aspley

Yes, but thats because we beat you in the first final down at Salk Oval. We had the right to host that Prelim, but were told our field was in poor condition and it would have to be played at Aspley.

We finished 2nd in 2015 and didn't host a final and 3rd in 2016, won the away final at PBC and earnt a home Prelim and din't get to host that either. Because our field was supposedly worse than other pretty ordinary fields.

Of course Broady should have a home Prelim

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
And this year they got home fin for finishing top. Have never had a home prelim, that’s all I’m saying. First time in a long time this has happened

You would have had a home prelim in 2016, but lost the right by losing your first home final when 2nd played 3rd.

Same as the AFL. 1st plays 4th, if 4th wins - the home final rights transfer to 4th for the Prelim

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dezario

All Australian
Dec 14, 2011
QLD
AFL Club
Geelong
You would have had a home prelim in 2016, but lost the right by losing your first home final when 2nd played 3rd.

Same as the AFL. 1st plays 4th, if 4th wins - the home final rights transfer to 4th for the Prelim

Thanks for that that thommo. I never knew it was because of sherwoods ground. That clarifies it then

Apr 26, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
All finals except GF should be played at the home ground of the team that finished higher. Maggies shouldn’t have lost their earned home game a couple years back unless their ground was unsafe for players.

The GF should be played at a neutral venue in the city of the team that qualified first (PBC this year-so somewhere on the GC). IMO

Apr 26, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Any predictions for tomorrow. I’m feeling confident about our chances but you never know.

A couple of handy inclusions should help and I back our legspeed on our big ground. I’m going to say cats by 30

Dezario

All Australian
Dec 14, 2011
QLD
AFL Club
Geelong
Any predictions for tomorrow. I’m feeling confident about our chances but you never know.

A couple of handy inclusions should help and I back our legspeed on our big ground. I’m going to say cats by 30

Cats by 18. Agree home ground will suit them and will be too quick for panthers

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
You’d be game to tip against Broadbeach but stranger things have happened and finals often produce upsets, if Morningside start like they did last week then they are a big chance, but my money is on BB by 25pts.
The heat n big ground could/will have an effect on Panthers two big forwards in Mitchell and Abbey whom struggle below their knees, if they get decent delivery and hold their marks they will conserve a lot of energy and offer a presence for four qtrs.
Poor delivery causing them to apply 2nd n 3rd efforts and/or chase opponents will cause fatigue and effect their leading and contesting capacity.
So Panthers inside 50 efficiency will have a big influence in their result whereas Broadbeach still score a lot when the footy hits the ground inside 50.
I can see this game being a war of attrition.

FAN THE MAN

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
PBC and Broady a level above all year. Broady should win comfortably

A team that loses to Sandgate and gets belted by 100 points by 6th placed Sherwood in the GF would be a turn-up!

Apr 26, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
PBC and Broady a level above all year. Broady should win comfortably

A team that loses to Sandgate and gets belted by 100 points by 6th placed Sherwood in the GF would be a turn-up!

That’s why footy is great. Can be unpredictable. Morningside beat us this year so it’s possible but agree with your view around Mitchell and Abey, if they don’t clunk a few then I’m not sure the panthers can win, but Abey has got us plenty of times over the years and about to retire so I’m sure he will be up and about.

Go cats

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
A great win by Broadbeach today Were dominant from the start ... best performance this season ..... big crowd as well ,, around 1300 plus.
Grand Final will be at Yeronga ,, 100 %

Gazzaa

Debutant
Jul 30, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Broadbeach v Palm Beach in Ressies and seniors and yet still at yeronga. Appualing decision by the QAFL

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
Broadbeach v Palm Beach in Ressies and seniors and yet still at yeronga. Appualing decision by the QAFL

Western Magpies Colts will be happy as they are the only team that doesn’t have to travel far.

Logistically you’d think the league would realise they are going to lose a lot of revenue via the gate takings, if the game was at Southport a lot more team supporters and neutral observers would attend.

Their arrogance and lack of common sense will cost them respect but also $$$$$

Atleast a ‘please explain is in order’.

Dean Warren saving petrol money maybe

Dezario

All Australian
Dec 14, 2011
QLD
AFL Club
Geelong
Seems ridiculous doesn’t it with 5/6 sides from the Gold Coast playing at yeronga.

None the less will still be a great day. Just need responsible drivers lol. Great win by cats yesterday also

Remove this Banner Ad

Back