QAFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems ridiculous doesn’t it with 5/6 sides from the Gold Coast playing at yeronga.

None the less will still be a great day. Just need responsible drivers lol. Great win by cats yesterday also

Does the margin and the way Broadbeach played decrease some of Palm Beach’s arrogance or still cocky you’ll win easily?

Does the margin and the way Broadbeach played decrease some of Palm Beach’s arrogance or still cocky you’ll win easily?

Nice try with the baiting. But I don’t ever recall saying we would win easy? Pretty sure thats what everyone on here has been saying all year. I am more of a realist, because anything can happen on gf day. I

Didn’t see the game either yesterday so can’t comment on that. I just heard that broady played very well and panthers were poor and slow

Is there any Southport players that can play for Broadbeach or Palm Beach in next weeks Granny now that Southports season ended today?
What’s people’s thoughts on this?

Possibly not great scheduling clashing with the Grogan, I imagine a lot of Gold Coast team members would’ve attended the Granny at Southport today if the didn’t have to attend the Grogan, maybe they should’ve held the Grogan at Southport so many could’ve watched the Granny before entering the Grogan .
Just another case of the League lacking some forward thinking

Last edited:

Seems ridiculous doesn’t it with 5/6 sides from the Gold Coast playing at yeronga.

None the less will still be a great day. Just need responsible drivers lol. Great win by cats yesterday also
Five out of the six sides playing div 1 on Saturday were either mdore or Noosa but league still wouldn’t change it had 1100 people there would have been at least double if on sunny coast neither club understands this

Nice try with the baiting. But I don’t ever recall saying we would win easy? Pretty sure thats what everyone on here has been saying all year. I am more of a realist, because anything can happen on gf day. I

Didn’t see the game either yesterday so can’t comment on that. I just heard that broady played very well and panthers were poor and slow

Dezario,
agree, and I must admit I have said if Palmy can field close to a full list on Grand Final day , they are a shoe in !!!
I dont think that will be the case so much now ..yet still are hot favorites as they are just a very good side.

Massive night for my Broadbeach at the annual QAFL Awards night .
Colts ; leading goalkicker, 2nd and third in the B & F
Reserves ; leading goalkicker , B & F winner , and 3rd place as well
Seniors ; leading goalkicker and B & F winner .
and 4 players named in the QAFL team of the year.
Yes it not winning the Premiership but shows we are a very progressive club .

Dezario,
agree, and I must admit I have said if Palmy can field close to a full list on Grand Final day , they are a shoe in !!!
I dont think that will be the case so much now ..yet still are hot favorites as they are just a very good side.

Don't Broady have more injury troubles than PBC for the big dance?

Bad timing it seems, hope its a cracking game. Only 5 mins from home!

Broadbeach dominated last nights Grogan Medal count. Well done to them, definitely have taken some major steps forward in the last 2 years.

I read broady have injury crisis?!

Proud of the lads Saturday, was a comprehensive victory albeit against an opposition that was out of gas.

Should be a great GF, although personally I think the statement on the venue is self serving BS. The NEAFL is able to decide on a venue a week or 2 out so no reason why the QAFL can’t. Will halve the crowd as noted for DIV 1 where a similar poor decision was made. The parking situation at Yeronga is the biggest issue.

After being at Sharks yesterday I thought it was great allowing parking all around the ground, was very well attended, and would be a much better venue.

As for the Cats and injuries, I wouldn’t describe as a crisis, a few sore boys no doubt (as usual at this time of year) but I trust the coaches to make the right calls at selection and given we have reasonable depth I’m confident of a good showing on Sat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Western Magpies Colts will be happy as they are the only team that doesn’t have to travel far.

Logistically you’d think the league would realise they are going to lose a lot of revenue via the gate takings, if the game was at Southport a lot more team supporters and neutral observers would attend.

Their arrogance and lack of common sense will cost them respect but also $$$$$

Atleast a ‘please explain is in order’.

Dean Warren saving petrol money maybe

I believe at a QAFL meeting held in November 2017 between the Qafl and all club presidents one of the tabled items on the agenda was this scenario and all club presidents voted to hold the Grand Final at the Qafl headquarters grond be it Yeronga regardless of what teams were playing. This was confirmed by QAFL CEO be it Dean Warren today on the website and I confirmed this with Broadbeach club president at saturdays game .
We sometimes have short memories ... be it the 2016 the grand final was held at Yeronga between Palm Beach and Labrador ,,I was at the game and remember posting a crowd attendance prediction of some 2200 to 2300. In 2017 the same teams played off at Southport and the crowd attendance may of been about 2500 to 2600 . So really , there is not such a big crowd effect as to playing the game Yeronga... must say the playing surface is 1st class and the atmosphere is much better then a game at Southports ground.

Don't Broady have more injury troubles than PBC for the big dance?

Bad timing it seems, hope its a cracking game. Only 5 mins from home!

Thommo .
I believe Pantic did not loose his spleen , is out of hospital and is recovering ,, but no way in hell will he be playing on Saturday .
As for the injury crisis,,, well we wont have Pantic, Sorreson, Neal and Mcguane ,, but those season ending injuries were from 3 weeks ago.
Since then we lost to Palm Beach by 3 or 4 goals and belted Morningside on Saturday ...Watson has a slight hamstrung issue and gun defender Royes is doubtful after being hit by a car whist riding his bike after training last Thursday night .So yes ,, not the ideal scenario but we have primed at the right end of the season and if ever we were to beat the powerful Palm Beach side , this Saturday is the time to do it.
I think we will give it a almighty shake !!!

Ok all you experts.

How does Broadbeach beat Palm Beach this Saturday?

They need to match PB’s agressiveness at the ball firstly and keeping Jack Anthony will help too as players like him often rise on big occasions and if he kicks a bag it’s all over.

Can we get everyone’s tips:

Broadbeach by 11
BOG: Panozza

Crowd: 2.5k (would of been 5k plus on Coast)

Broady 10 goals winner. Panthers making it to the Prelim is absurd, very average side. Best 2 teams in the GF, good result.

Average side? Beck, Dale, Rayner, Cameron-Reeves, Mallan all played a fair bit of NEAFL footy. Not to mention some very young guns too. Fitting of the third best side..

Average side? Beck, Dale, Rayner, Cameron-Reeves, Mallan all played a fair bit of NEAFL footy. Not to mention some very young guns too. Fitting of the third best side..

The ladder and finals don’t lie. Morningside finished home and away in 3rd and then defeated 4th place in a final where they led from start to finish. Hence deserved their place in the prelim but all would acknowledge they were well beaten Saturday and little doubt the 2 best teams are in the GF.

It’s a great match up with plenty of feeling between the clubs. I believe the cats can bring on the upset, obviously Palmy are deserving favourites but we definitely have a sniff.

We can’t allow emblem to drop in the hole and then bomb the ball into the forward line. And if we allow the palmy mids to get quality ball towards yak and Anthony we all know both can kick a bag, and are very dangerous one v one.

Palmy have A graders at this level all over the ground, and our aces must play well to win but I’m quietly confident of the upset.

Prediction cats by 6

BOG Erickson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back