QAFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Think the coaching is down to 2 candidates. One with AFL experience as a player (not jack Anthony) haven’t heard much on player movement. Think it will be a pretty similar squad with a couple going and a couple arriving. Will know more next week

Think the coaching is down to 2 candidates. One with AFL experience as a player (not jack Anthony) haven’t heard much on player movement. Think it will be a pretty similar squad with a couple going and a couple arriving. Will know more next week

Any further word on the new coach?

Broadbeach just announced another signing. More premiership experience. Think the cats are going to give it a good shake.

Any other movers this season? Magpies?

Broadbeach just announced another signing. More premiership experience. Think the cats are going to give it a good shake.

Any other movers this season? Magpies?

Not sure the Cats are moving upwards Gaz - they have lost plenty - Quick, Panozza, Royes, Eames, Searl plus some academy kids to sharks etc. Think they might have gone backwards as a list.

Not sure the Cats are moving upwards Gaz - they have lost plenty - Quick, Panozza, Royes, Eames, Searl plus some academy kids to sharks etc. Think they might have gone backwards as a list.

Searl is playing but the others are correct, and agree some big losses. Blood another big loss. The academy guys are no guarantee to play at sharks so they may end up back at Broady who knows.

Agree the recruits pretty much end up replacing deprting players so no guarantee the list gets better. We are hopeful the good number of younger players (a few played in the reserves premiership) can step up as that’s where the improvement is likely to come from.

Super paradise how is surfers looking? Ins and outs? Eames going well? We were disappointed to lose him.

No major moves here at Magpie land that we haven't already announced.

INS: Beams & Goodall (though Goodall has played a fair bit for us in recent years anyway)

Outs: unsure, few blokes on the fence about playing this year

Working on a handful of blokes from down south, but they are moving up here regardless and just have to pick a club. Lost one of them to Labrador who I know have quietly signed a few guns.

Blood to Mt gravatt interesting, gun player - but as I understand it, he would be a 6 pointer or a 7 pointer?

INS: Beams & Goodall (though Goodall has played a fair bit for us in recent years anyway)

Working on a handful of blokes from down south, but they are moving up here regardless and just have to pick a club. Lost one of them to Labrador who I know have quietly signed a few guns.

Blood to Mt gravatt interesting, gun player - but as I understand it, he would be a 6 pointer or a 7 pointer?

Yes Blood moved to Brisbane for work. And yes will be a minimum 6 point player.

I would've thought the departure Corrie and de Winter leave a sizable hole in your forward line Thommo?

I would've thought the departure Corrie and de Winter leave a sizable hole in your forward line Thommo?

I watched a bit of Corrie last season. Full respect to the bloke, great career etc. I dont mean to sound harsh, but the only way to say it is, he is now running on 'old legs'. Little lateral movement and has that 'careful', 'quick step gait' older athletes get when trying to navigate in contests and congestion.

No doubt he is a loss being round the group and his leadership on field. But from a pure performance aspect, I don't think the Pies will miss him too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PBC have a young gun coming down from Cairns this season. Austin Harris, Only 16yo this year and I would expect he will play 16s. However, had a couple of seniors games for Cairns Saints AFC last season. I would expect him to make a QAFL debut sometime in the next 18 months... perhaps much sooner?

Austin is now living on GC under Troy Clarke scholarship, is in Suns Academy. Played in World u15s side vs Boomerangs last year as well as for QLD u15s schoolboys. Handy cricketer also. His Dad played for Tas and QLD in Sheffield shield. Played with Border, McDermott etc..

Yes Blood moved to Brisbane for work. And yes will be a minimum 6 point player.
probably should be some sort of discount on that 2 point penalty if he's genuinely relocated for work reasons. Imagine common sense would prevail there.

Corrie a huge loss imo, don't agree at all on the above comments. Ideally we could have played him closer to goal last year, but wasn't to be.

De Winter has also departed for Kenmore, yes.

probably should be some sort of discount on that 2 point penalty if he's genuinely relocated for work reasons. Imagine common sense would prevail there.

Corrie a huge loss imo, don't agree at all on the above comments. Ideally we could have played him closer to goal last year, but wasn't to be.
De Winter has also departed for Kenmore, yes.

No discounts should be given. He’s moved Club that’s what the system was put in place for. Probably the highest paid there anyway.

Probably no money for De winter considering all spent on Beams & Harwood???

Labrador & Broadbeach still announcing signings. More clubs should do it?

No discounts should be given. He’s moved Club that’s what the system was put in place for. Probably the highest paid there anyway.

Probably no money for De winter considering all spent on Beams & Harwood???

Labrador & Broadbeach still announcing signings. More clubs should do it?
Where are the signings for Broadbeach posted please?

Would be great if there was more info around the traps in relation to player movement.

At Broadbeach we announce signings along the way Keeping our supporters and sponsors informed. Helps with getting people to games and events etc. Others would argue to keep cards close to chest but it all comes out early in the season anyway.

I’ve not heard a thing from grange or Sandgate and not much from surfers either.

There was a short clip on qafl Facebook about Labrador recruits. They’ll be back in finals I reckon.

Early prediction

Broadbeach
Palm Beach
Mt Gravatt
Labrador
Surfers

Surely this year the Grand Final is on the Gold Coast let’s see some common sense.

Early prediction

Broadbeach
Palm Beach
Mt Gravatt
Labrador
Surfers

Surely this year the Grand Final is on the Gold Coast let’s see some common sense.

While Cotts has done a great job at Broady and they’ll be dark horses, I reckon it’s Palmy then daylight to the chasing pack. Take Morningside lightly at your peril, as well as the Maggie’s. Broady are in the next best pack with those you mentioned plus above, I reckon.

Labrador recruits are traveling well by all reports, add in a few returning from injury guns and they’ll be well and truly in the chasing pack in my opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back