QAFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

ok - maybe Khye was a late call up to the Redlands team but he is on your team list on Sporting Pulse. Look mate, I dont think Fan was having a go, just pointing out that there is a damn lot of NEAFL listed players on Broadbeach list. I know it is a good thing LAB but I dont envy the coaching group each week getting to Wed afternoon with no real indication as to whether they need to make 5-7 unforced changes. It has to be unsettling at times for players 18-22. Anyway good luck to Broady. From what i know a very good footy club that has been building for a while without crippling itself financially.

I think QAFL will see a few sides like Cats and Vultures make a move this year.

May I ask who is 'Khye Palmer" no one on the list at Broadbeach with that name

Anyone else watch the Cats/Panthers game and think Morningside will struggle? They look old

Broady had 6 ( of which 4 are original Broadbeach players) and Morningside had 4 .
Nick Kempe
Seb Rogers
Brayden Chadwick
Josh Baxter
Xavier Mc Mahon
Jack OShea
Dale Eames all Southport listed
Harrison Kerr Redlands listed

Last edited:
Nick Kempe
Seb Rogers
Brayden Chadwick
Josh Baxter
Xavier Mc Mahon
Jack OShea
Dale Eames all Southport listed
Harrison Kerr Redlands listed

Nick Kempe is a rookie therefore a senior listed Southport player.

I don't understand the issue with Broadbeach having NEAFL players.
Look at it this way:
Seb Rogers recruited from broadbeach to Sharks
Chadwick recruited from cats
McMahon recruited from cats
O'Shea recruited from cats
Kerr recruited from cats

Only draft players are Baxter and Eames.

Nick Kempe is a rookie therefore a senior listed Southport player.

I don't understand the issue with Broadbeach having NEAFL players.
Look at it this way:
Seb Rogers recruited from broadbeach to Sharks
Chadwick recruited from cats
McMahon recruited from cats
O'Shea recruited from cats
Kerr recruited from cats

All Broady boys who are trying to make it at the top

Only draft players are Baxter and Eames.

Nobody said it was an issue, it was just a surprisingly high number. I wasn't just imagining it either, as AFLQ's own preview on the weekend states that it is a QAFL record for NEAFL aligned players in the one team.

At the risk of repeating myself, no issue with it! Just commented that it seemed unusual (which it turns out it was)

ok - maybe Khye was a late call up to the Redlands team but he is on your team list on Sporting Pulse. Look mate, I dont think Fan was having a go, just pointing out that there is a damn lot of NEAFL listed players on Broadbeach list. I know it is a good thing LAB but I dont envy the coaching group each week getting to Wed afternoon with no real indication as to whether they need to make 5-7 unforced changes. It has to be unsettling at times for players 18-22. Anyway good luck to Broady. From what i know a very good footy club that has been building for a while without crippling itself financially.

I think QAFL will see a few sides like Cats and Vultures make a move this year.
I think you meant Stuyd1 , not me smy. s**t stirring, Freudian slip or just a run of the mill mistake around facts?

I can’t find the live stream of tonight’s game. Anyone got it, or can post a link?

The link on the website seems to direct to games this upcoming weekend round 2.

Looks a good game I’d like to tune in

Was meant to be for 2010.

Yeah you are right about difficulty around lots of changes. The academy can be worse, in the past on Thursday we have selected a side and then Friday sharks grab one and Suns ressies grab 3, 1 gets sick or is carrying an injury and doesn’t come up, and you go from looking good to struggling and your 2’s all of a sudden don’t have a bench

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great effort by the young Hawks last night. Anyone at the game last night will have seen the direction I was referring to. On a side note, I think 6 of the gorillas goal came off the boot of an ex-hawk.
Would love to see a more even comp. Lets see how the results pan out over the next 18 rounds before calling a turn around. The Palm Beach and Broadbeach results will be a good indicator in the short term.
The 2s had a 100+ point pounding I see. Depth then becomes an issue too.
But good luck to them, hope they get a few wins and retain that young talent you are talking about.

Would love to see a more even comp. Lets see how the results pan out over the next 18 rounds before calling a turn around. The Palm Beach and Broadbeach results will be a good indicator in the short term.
The 2s had a 100+ point pounding I see. Depth then becomes an issue too.
But good luck to them, hope they get a few wins and retain that young talent you are talking about.

Depth an issue yes. I would even go as far to say wait 18 months before calling it a turn around. A long road ahead, but first steps taken.

Yeah you are right about difficulty around lots of changes. The academy can be worse, in the past on Thursday we have selected a side and then Friday sharks grab one and Suns ressies grab 3, 1 gets sick or is carrying an injury and doesn’t come up, and you go from looking good to struggling and your 2’s all of a sudden don’t have a bench
Yeah just another layer!
Good on the footy club for giving some of the youth a crack.

Does the result say more about grange? Anyone at the game saw how young that sandgate team was and it took until the 4th quarter for grange to kick away and they looked like the much more larger experienced team.
Not sure not sure about your comments, Sandgate have some quality young talent, energy = resaults

No doubts they have the young talent I'm more just saying the doom and gloom about a 0-16 season previously stated on this thread and the real recruitment drive from grange ( including 2 of sandgates better players from last season) what do you take out of the result were Sandgate playing out of their skin or was it just getting the job done in granges case.
I'd say it is about where both sides are at...Sandgate need a bit more polish with ball in hand but jeez they tackle and pressure well and Grange looked unsure of each other at times like a side with a lot of new recruits can tend to be once they play a few games together I think they will be better but I think they will be about 5th or 6th not in the top sides class on what I saw last night...

Reading the QAFL games review for the weekend , in reference to the Sandgate vs Grange game, the reporter quoted a crowd of 1300 in attendance ... thats a huge crowd for any home and away game in this comp. Did any of you fellow posters see the game and if so would you say this crowd estimate was accurate.

Reading the QAFL games review for the weekend , in reference to the Sandgate vs Grange game, the reporter quoted a crowd of 1300 in attendance ... thats a huge crowd for any home and away game in this comp. Did any of you fellow posters see the game and if so would you say this crowd estimate was accurate.
If anything I reckon there was more...lot of people the whole junior oval had cars parked on it plus cars all around the ground etc...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back