QAFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like Sam was in and out of their seniors. Bit like when he played at palmy, but he definitely had a good year at the vultures and knows where they are.

Interesting round ahead I’m tipping Morningside to get over a gallant Demons,

the cats to get it done just v Maggies.

Palmy too strong for Sandgate despite helping Suns neafl with Woolley and

Vultures to pummel Wilson Grange who seem to have an injury crisis every year like the GC Suns ( how many times in a row do you get unlucky before you question what is happening?)

An excellent round that will shape the 5

Has this round shaped the 5?
I hope so - terrific comeback by Surfers, I reckon we can get the 8 wins that will be required to make the 5 now. Cats for me though are shaping as the likely challengers to Palmy. A few quality players to come back in. Hopefully Labrador can knock a few off on the way home to make it interesting.

Has this round shaped the 5?
I hope so - terrific comeback by Surfers, I reckon we can get the 8 wins that will be required to make the 5 now. Cats for me though are shaping as the likely challengers to Palmy. A few quality players to come back in. Hopefully Labrador can knock a few off on the way home to make it interesting.

The 5 is far from set, it will change weekly and possibly come down to the last round to whom finishes 3,4,5,6.

Home wins are vital and pinching one away will be a huge bonus, Morningside’s loss to Sandgates will/could hurt them come seasons end

See ex Vulture gun be it Sam Stubbs whom moved down south to play with the Wodonga Raiders in the strong ovens and murray comp ,has not made the cut there and is returning to QLD,,,,,, Will he come back to the Vultures ??????
If so,,, a great plus for the club

Stubbs kicked 7, a dangerous forward come finals time can only bolster their chances but by how much......only time will tell.

Top 5
Palm Beach
Broadbeach
My Gravatt
Morningside
Western Magpies or Surfers

Maggies are big boys and will struggle to run games out

Top 5
Palm Beach
Broadbeach
My Gravatt
Morningside
Western Magpies or Surfers

Maggies are big boys and will struggle to run games out

Agree with your top 3 Gaz
But my reckoning is that the siders and us should win 4 more each which would keep us in the 4th position.
Reckon the sandgate loss and losing to us both times will make it difficult.
Maggies may struggle to win 2 more games imo.

I reckon they will beat Mt Gravatt this week, easily account for Sandgate and Grange and probably beat Surfers again and 50/50 against Siders. Lose to Tigers down at Cooke Murphy. Not sure if that gets them in the finals though, but % would be helping them.

Morningside pretty reliant on NEAFL players, so who knows with them.

:rolleyes:

Biggest losing margin of 26 points, 3rd best for & against, I reckon we're ok to sneak 2 more...

No doubt Thommo. In my view you are certainties to beat Sandgate and Grange and 50/50 against surfers Morningside and Labrador and a rough chance this weekend. Win 4/7 coming home and you play finals, but with good % you may even sneak in by winning another 3

I’m tipping an upset this week, Morningside to beat Broadbeach at home , ground could be a tad sloppy/muddy on top from the rain which will slow Broadbeach down and suit Morningside.

And Brisbane to draw with Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m tipping an upset this week, Morningside to beat Broadbeach at home , ground could be a tad sloppy/muddy on top from the rain which will slow Broadbeach down and suit Morningside.

Ablett ,, you have to be joking ,,,the rain is a godsend to the surface at Morningside which has been so dry since the newly laid turf was put in during the off season !!!

The ground was fine but the result as you tipped. Morningside were just hungrier, worked harder and pressured us into error and deserved victory. Cats need to lick the wounds and get up next week for what I’d describe as a season defining game

The ground was fine but the result as you tipped. Morningside were just hungrier, worked harder and pressured us into error and deserved victory. Cats need to lick the wounds and get up next week for what I’d describe as a season defining game

Correct,,,,, Panthers came out to play and win ,,,Broady came out thinking they had it won before the first bounce .
And off the field Broady were outcoached !

Palm Beach belt Labrador today ... I see they gained 3 of last years premiership back from injury ....... and wait for it ,,,,, they have 4 more to return from injury ,,,,, geez if they have close to a full list come finals time, they will win the flag easily .

Morningside coach a very good coach imo.
Interesting that last week when they lost to surfers no one was saying that. They beat Broadbeach and he is a great coach. Does that mean you don't rate surfers?

What makes a very very good coach in your eyes?

Wow, Magpies knocked off MT.Gravatt today .
A blessing for Broady to retain 2nd spot on the ladder , and continues to create a battle for the final 3 spots on the ladder ... great competition this year.

Interesting that last week when they lost to surfers no one was saying that. They beat Broadbeach and he is a great coach. Does that mean you don't rate surfers?

What makes a very very good coach in your eyes?

No judgement on BA or the Broady group at all - pretty sure they do a good job too. All I'm saying is that I think Steve is a very very good coach, and I think the Surfers coach (who I don't know at all) must be doing a really good job.
In a nutshell I think a good coach gets the absolute best out of their group, not about compiling one with $$, plus communicates well with their players as well as understands that he/she are coaching more than just the squad of 30 that might play senior footy that year.

I've said it before to one other poster on here who was bemoaning the state of QAFL footy - from what I hear / see / know think that the coaching in particular is of a very good quality in this league from top to bottom. Steve W imo has a ripping background and I've seen him coach and know him and think he would be the sort of guy I would love to have my own kid play under (which I think is a pretty fair bench mark).

No judgement on BA or the Broady group at all - pretty sure they do a good job too. All I'm saying is that I think Steve is a very very good coach, and I think the Surfers coach (who I don't know at all) must be doing a really good job.
In a nutshell I think a good coach gets the absolute best out of their group, not about compiling one with $$, plus communicates well with their players as well as understands that he/she are coaching more than just the squad of 30 that might play senior footy that year.

I've said it before to one other poster on here who was bemoaning the state of QAFL footy - from what I hear / see / know think that the coaching in particular is of a very good quality in this league from top to bottom. Steve W imo has a ripping background and I've seen him coach and know him and think he would be the sort of guy I would love to have my own kid play under (which I think is a pretty fair bench mark).
Yeah fair points you make I think. Just interesting the timing that is all I thought. I believe the surfers coach is doing a great job. It would be a tough gig coaching a team at this level

Remove this Banner Ad

Back