Qafl 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Not my conspiracy theory if that’s actually what it is but I think you are defending a horse in the field that you don’t need to.
I find the Sharks largely irrelevant these days and have always likened their success to a more primitive time in the footy evolution on the coast. Win at all costs - and bully the little blokes.

A junior player from Surfers who played 1 single game for Southport in his life was recently put in their Hall of Fame :tongueclosed:

Watched Broady have a good win against the Grange ...played some top footy with a much weakened side due to Southport calling up 4 of our players, and gun recruit Rymer and hardman in Mcmahon returning from injury in the ressies, booting 7 goals..
Searl was tops and Erickson must of had 45 touches ..
Must say ,, very poor crowd ..maybe 250 ..

Yes and quite a few of the 250 were Broady people.

Grange were pretty average today, cats played nicely but the pressure at times by grange was below QAfL standard. Big game next week v surfers.

And S P is on the money (pun intended) with the sharks situation

Always quick to count out Morningside arnt you stuyd1. Give me a spell champ

LOL...for your information I have quite a bit to do with Morningside as my employer has been one of their major sponsors for some 34 years . I am involved in most of our joint functions and have a strong relationship with many people there. Yes I support Broadbeach but must say Morningside are my favourite club outside of that. I disagree with your comment here ( always quick to count out ) !!

Wouldn’t completely shock me if Sandgate dropped out and Noosa and Maroochydore came in

I agree... was talking to AFLQ chief Dean Warren on saturday at the broady vs grange game and he said Noosa has not made a committment at the moment and Sandgate is a concern for the league as they are very limited in their finances which doent help them to compete at QAFL level.

I agree... was talking to AFLQ chief Dean Warren on saturday at the broady vs grange game and he said Noosa has not made a committment at the moment and Sandgate is a concern for the league as they are very limited in their finances which doent help them to compete at QAFL level.
That is correct stuyd.Noosa will make a decision once the season is over.Heaps of hard work has gone into winning the comp we are in this year and that is our focus over the next 6 weeks.

That is correct stuyd.Noosa will make a decision once the season is over.Heaps of hard work has gone into winning the comp we are in this year and that is our focus over the next 6 weeks.
thanks for that info Nossa boy
LOL...for your information I have quite a bit to do with Morningside as my employer has been one of their major sponsors for some 34 years . I am involved in most of our joint functions and have a strong relationship with many people there. Yes I support Broadbeach but must say Morningside are my favourite club outside of that. I disagree with your comment here ( always quick to count out ) !!

Upon looking at the rest of the games to seasons end, Morningside are a big chance of finishing 2nd .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sharks in big trouble with salary cap. How do you think the salary cap has worked in qafl.

huge game this weekend with Broadbeach vs Surfers ,,,,, hopefully the weather is good and should be a big crowd
Agree, Surfers have hit a speed bump recently and have struggled to kick a score with Cats building and gelling nicely and hitting the scoreboard heavy recently, will be a cracking game at Sir Bruce.

Sharks in big trouble with salary cap. How do you think the salary cap has worked in qafl.
Think you need a few years to see whether it is achieving the desired results. Points and salary cap are supposed to work together. Probably more of an issue for clubs that spend near the mark or over !!

In regards to Sharks - its an absolute disgrace. Not sure how players are supposed to feel when told they have to miss games to try and fit under salary cap. Also cant get a game ahead of some young blokes they are clearly better than.
Not great for integrity of selection - my main gripe though is the flow on affect to the QAFL.
It should not go unpunished but I hold little hope that the AFL will do anything. Not sure they paid there last fine for salary cap breach I've been told.

Agree, Surfers have hit a speed bump recently and have struggled to kick a score with Cats building and gelling nicely and hitting the scoreboard heavy recently, will be a cracking game at Sir Bruce.
Cats have done very well with the list turnover they have had. Credit to Beau and the coaches.
Will be a tough game for us I think.
Tips:
Lab to crush Grange by 53
Morningside by 21 points
Maggies by 43 points
Cats by 5 points

Well a very strong win by surfers today, their pressure was superior, they had more run and used the footy better.

Cats very disappointing, scoreboard flattered Broady if we are honest. Need to lick our wounds quickly and get up for morningside next week.

Excellent crowd today 800-1000 probably.

Big win for the dees. Cats still haven’t beaten a top 4 side. They get the chance next week.

I see vultures were up 51-1 at quarter time and went on to get beaten at the death. Must have been a cracking game. Huge for Morningside for finishing 2nd

Well a very strong win by surfers today, their pressure was superior, they had more run and used the footy better.

Cats very disappointing, scoreboard flattered Broady if we are honest. Need to lick our wounds quickly and get up for morningside next week.

Excellent crowd today 800-1000 probably.

Agree Premier ,,, Surfers were the better side from the opening bounce ... hungrier for the ball, they put huge pressure on Broady when we had the ball forcing mistakes and turnovers. They were much better all day

Big win for the dees. Cats still haven’t beaten a top 4 side. They get the chance next week.

I see vultures were up 51-1 at quarter time and went on to get beaten at the death. Must have been a cracking game. Huge for Morningside for finishing 2nd

Was an unbelievable game. MtGravatt were outstanding early and it looked like they were heading for a huge win.

But Morningside just clawed their way back all day and kicked the winning goal with seconds left on the clock.

Huge belief in the Morningside playing group and still got a few key players out.

Think MtGravatt could be dangerous in finals if they hold on.

Must admit Morningside coach at quarter time when 50 points behind was ice cool and as calm as you could see. Was major factor I feel in playing group having the belief to still win.

Huge fan of coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back