Qafl 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha good one. I’m sure your team is full of ripping blokes.

What have they done to you now? Or are you just sick of them winning
It wasn't that long ago everyone on here hated on Labrador and now its PBC. Successful people get ridiculed for being successful. It's a big problem i feel in the Australian culture. Instead of making uneducated assumptions and being overall jealous maybe look at what they do well and try to emulate it.

They're probably ok now to be honest, wouldn't know.

Under Creswell and from about 05 until QAFL started, it was a rubbish organisation with a s**t culture and heaps of money.

Maybe thats changed? I haven't seen enough of them to know, but they were grubs for a long time and its a hard smell to get rid of!

I never had an issue with Labrador at all.

It was completely overhauled once Chad started.

The people behind the scenes are wonderful and so generous. (Like all clubs in that matter)

Everyone at the club knows most clubs dislike us. Always have. But best way to deal with that is play good hard footy in a respectful way, go into opposition clubs for a beer after games. if they still don’t like us... so be it

Fair enough, don't know Chad personally - but only heard good things.

Also heard he wasn't popular (despite winning!) which made me think the grubs don't like a guy coming in and improving a bad culture.

The people behind the scenes are wonderful and so generous. (Like all clubs in that matter)

Everyone at the club knows most clubs dislike us. Always have. But best way to deal with that is play good hard footy in a respectful way, go into opposition clubs for a beer after games. if they still don’t like us... so be it
The games I’ve watched it seems the players from all clubs go hard and then after the game move on pretty quickly regardless of what happened. It seems the negativity amongst clubs is more on this forum?? The advantage of not being attached to a club is getting to see how all the clubs interact on and off the field

Fair enough, don't know Chad personally - but only heard good things.

Also heard he wasn't popular (despite winning!) which made me think the grubs don't like a guy coming in and improving a bad culture.

Must be a big footy rumour that he was disliked. If he was it would have been a tiny percentage of people.

They're probably ok now to be honest, wouldn't know.

Under Creswell and from about 05 until QAFL started, it was a rubbish organisation with a s**t culture and heaps of money.

Maybe thats changed? I haven't seen enough of them to know, but they were grubs for a long time and its a hard smell to get rid of!

I never had an issue with Labrador at all.[/QUOT

Ha fan the man one year on and still jealous and hating on pbc

Success breeds success with a blueprint plan in place ... PBC have implemented this hence their success.. Doesnt matter about who is liked and who isnt ,, its about being a entire club being on the same page and PBC have mastered this .. must say ,, well done ,, you are the benchmark which assist the other clubs to improve their results which results in a better standard comp overall.

And just like that Ablett is back at it again taking potshots at individuals and providing excellent advice for a game he wasn't present at. Why aren't you coaching? You have the answers for everything. They had 2 of their best mids out so they were always going to be up against it as a back man, For the amount of ball that went in there McMahon did a very good job. Plus the coach is still getting to know his group

If McMahon did a very good job conceding 8goals I’d hate to how many goals he’d concede if he did a very bad job?

Palm Beach had Screetch, Douglass and Wooly out whom Go alright.

Agree ,, Broady have lost 8 players from last seasons grand final side ,, and these players were good regular players all season ...they have recruited 4 or 5 players that are from lesser level comps but have been guns so it remains to be seen if they can be very good players at qafl level so new coach Zorko has a big job on his hands ..

Yeah I reckon Broadbeach & Labrador can’t be really Judgd until round 5-6 due to all their new players plus new coaches, they just need to win a few while they are gelling to stay in the hunt.

If McMahon did a Rey good job conceding 8goals I’d hate to how many goals he’d concede if he did a very bad job?

Palm Beach had Screetch, Douglass and Wooly out whom Go alright.
As you said you weren't at the game (i was) and the amount of times it come in, he did really well and held his own in many contests. I think you just enjoy being negative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still got some work to do with your colts, word from the umpires is they’ve been the most undiscipline team the past few years.

As you said you weren't at the game (i was) and the amount of times it come in, he did really well and held his own in many contests. I think you just enjoy being negative.

Ok , fair enough, but from an outsiders point of view getting 8 kicked on you is a great day at the office.
Anthony May have a kicked a dozen on someone else but also someone else may of restricted him to 4, all hypotheticals.

Ok , fair enough, but from an outsiders point of view getting 8 kicked on you is a great day at the office.
Anthony May have a kicked a dozen on someone else but also someone else may of restricted him to 4, all hypotheticals.

Ablett ,, agree ,, ive heard the same feedback and a lot of PBC supporters are fairly untoward in their comments whilst downing plenty of beers ,, just something that gives the club these sort of negatives about them ... in the eyes of opposing clubs that is.

Yeah I reckon Broadbeach & Labrador can’t be really Judgd until round 5-6 due to all their new players plus new coaches, they just need to win a few while they are gelling to stay in the hunt.

Ablett ,, so well said...as of my Broadys case we did not field our 1st choice midfield due to player unavailabilty ,, that includes Erickson and Neal ,, 2 of the best players in the comp.

The comp was a great competitive result in 2018 and this season looks even more competitive ,, very difficult to predict who will make the finals,, and this is a result to some degree by the success of PBC making the other clubs do all they can to improve !!!

My tips this week

PBC by 50 points
Broady in close game - 11 points
Labrador comfortably by 4 goals
Morningside in another close one - 15 points

Excited to see the young Hawks in action tomorrow against PBC. Another bunch of talented kids arriving from local and sunny coast plus a few recruits should make for some entertaining football at times. #litmus_test

My tips

PBC by 85
Lab by 10
Cats by 20
Morning side by 20

Where’s the faith super paradise?
Lost to Morningside in last game and both clubs improved - they have more runners now so thinking might be tough up there.
We have improved though no doubt
And Premier - no disrespect to my comments about Broady because you have a great coach just lost a heap and will take a while to gel

Tough round, all games could go either way except you would expect Palm Beach to win comfortably but they still can’t afford to take Sandgate lifghly whom are young and full of run.

Broady still have 3 guns to return as well .. with such a new game day playing list yes it will take a few weeks to gel .
Reckon the Panthers may be quite strong this season.. good recruits , especially Joyce , and a new coach with qld highest credentials in Clint Watts

Lost to Morningside in last game and both clubs improved - they have more runners now so thinking might be tough up there.
We have improved though no doubt
And Premier - no disrespect to my comments about Broady because you have a great coach just lost a heap and will take a while to gel

Your comments are always respectful, All good.

I still expect the cats to be around the mark, but losing virtually an entire backline obviously is going to be a challenge but I reckon we bat deeper through the middle this year and have more talk options forward.

As for the D’s I expect them to play finals again and probably end up around the same position as last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back