Qafl 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of noise around Southport and salary cap issues.
8 changes minimum and all young surfers or Broady players into the neafl.
If accurate this could have an effect on QAFl coast teams .

A lot of noise around Southport and salary cap issues.
8 changes minimum and all young surfers or Broady players into the neafl.
If accurate this could have an effect on QAFl coast teams .

As in right now SP? Doesn’t surprise. The coach albeit very good demands money to be spent doesn’t he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As in right now SP? Doesn’t surprise. The coach albeit very good demands money to be spent doesn’t he?
As in this week SMY.
Heard last night that it is quite serious. Most of us had a chuckle to be honest. Not sure they have had too many seasons under a salary cap :tearsofjoy:
I would imagine Aspley and Redland are thrilled - if true its blatant cheating and will probably be dealt with quite severely - aka Melbourne Storm. It just shows though that winning or losing does not necessarily change a poor culture.

My concern is that we could miss some important fringe players over the next month. Probably same for Broadbeach.

Yes super we (cats) lost 5 players this week. All Southport fringe players but definitely handy players for us when available.

With suns having a long injury list also reducing access to our academy guys, we are definitely affected this week. A test to depth and an opportunity to blood a couple of club juniors. Hopefully we can still do better than last year up there.

I tip

PBC
Mt Gravatt
Cats
Morningside

Fieldsy has to many groundsmen on the books again lol.

I also heard the same thing last night with up to 9 changes at sharks for the weekend.

Tips for tomorow,

Lions by 25
Cats by 30
Vultures by 35
Panthers by 10

The conspiracy theorists are out in force over Southport. Funny the rumour most probably originated from someone who knows all about groundsmen and salary caps.
I’d be very surprised if there is an issue as all contracts are lodged before the season kicks off, just a few pitchforks out and about.

The conspiracy theorists are out in force over Southport. Funny the rumour most probably originated from someone who knows all about groundsmen and salary caps.
I’d be very surprised if there is an issue as all contracts are lodged before the season kicks off, just a few pitchforks out and about.
And have heard plenty more today.
Sharks have been caught before in Neafl of being over cap.
Are they Tanking then?
Managing players ? Please

Swans away
Tired, sore bodies after a few tough wet games
Tanking for what?
But if it doesn’t fit the narrative....
The salary cap is a cumulative season total in the NEAFL. If they’re over it already they’re in massive strife. Highly doubtful.
Seems a few qafl clubs are a little salty over losing some of their NEAFL players.

One thing thats frustrating is not having primary listed QAFL players available to their club when their NEAFL team has a bye (rookies)

Even worse, one of our young kids played for us, then Lions NEAFL, then Allies and now Redland.

Literally just making up the rules as they go. How does he play for Redland if he isn't on their list, nor have a rookie contract?? Played for Lions in the same competition the week before!

One thing thats frustrating is not having primary listed QAFL players available to their club when their NEAFL team has a bye (rookies)

Even worse, one of our young kids played for us, then Lions NEAFL, then Allies and now Redland.

Literally just making up the rules as they go. How does he play for Redland if he isn't on their list, nor have a rookie contract?? Played for Lions in the same competition the week before!

I’ve never agreed with that, how’s the kid supposed to adjust to 4 different team structures, team mates, coaches over a short period of time. Makes it very tough.
I understand the other side wanting exposure to the lions/suns also but surely there has to be a better way.

Swans away
Tired, sore bodies after a few tough wet games
Tanking for what?
But if it doesn’t fit the narrative....
The salary cap is a cumulative season total in the NEAFL. If they’re over it already they’re in massive strife. Highly doubtful.
Seems a few qafl clubs are a little salty over losing some of their NEAFL players.
Not my conspiracy theory if that’s actually what it is but I think you are defending a horse in the field that you don’t need to.
I find the Sharks largely irrelevant these days and have always likened their success to a more primitive time in the footy evolution on the coast. Win at all costs - and bully the little blokes.
Poor culture in my book and that is an inheritance from the past not the current coach or football people.
The AFL mitigated against mass “managing” of players and against an AFL side I think it lacks integrity at the very least if you’re not buying the salary cap situation
Either way it unnecessarily spoils the integrity of the QAFL

I’ve never agreed with that, how’s the kid supposed to adjust to 4 different team structures, team mates, coaches over a short period of time. Makes it very tough.
I understand the other side wanting exposure to the lions/suns also but surely there has to be a better way.
totally understand playing NEAFL for Lions, but then Redland the following week makes no sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back