Qafl 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats to Surfers on winning a cracking GF. I think the NEAFL Competition in real danger, Lions showed they well above any other side and lot Sh.t hit Fan with young blokes AFL listed being dropped for GF because of the rules of only playing 16 contracted players.

My mail was Lions were going to fight it but didn't want to distract their senior group. So just relented. But they are looking to either only play AFL ressies sides down Eastern sea board or go to VFL.

Bit of a mess by the looks.

Agree with this, I reckon pretty soon the NEAFL will disband and teams will join the VFL. I reckon then there will be 2 conferences in the VFL, basically an AFL reserves conference and a stand alone conference, with cross over games, a bit like the original NEAFL.

Southport, Aspley, Canberra and Syd uni to play the likes of port Mel and Williamstown. Redland to drop out.

It makes no sense to fly the Syd swans ressies up to play Aspley for the example, why not instead fly them down to play Richmond VFL instead. The NT thunder decision makes this easier as it’s too far for Frankston to go to Darwin for example but no big deal for them to pop up and play Syd uni for example.

I heard a whisper today also that Noosa may still be in QAFL next year and Sandgate to drop out. Interesting times.

Agree with this, I reckon pretty soon the NEAFL will disband and teams will join the VFL. I reckon then there will be 2 conferences in the VFL, basically an AFL reserves conference and a stand alone conference, with cross over games, a bit like the original NEAFL.

Southport, Aspley, Canberra and Syd uni to play the likes of port Mel and Williamstown. Redland to drop out.

It makes no sense to fly the Syd swans ressies up to play Aspley for the example, why not instead fly them down to play Richmond VFL instead. The NT thunder decision makes this easier as it’s too far for Frankston to go to Darwin for example but no big deal for them to pop up and play Syd uni for example.

I heard a whisper today also that Noosa may still be in QAFL next year and Sandgate to drop out. Interesting times.

If we are trying to improve the local kids playing at NEAFL Level they need to be exposed to the AFL listed players playing against them and not just in same side.

It's a no brainer that Swans, GWS, Lions and Suns have to be competing against other AFL Reserves sides.

Not sure what that means for the likes of Southport, Redlands and Aspley as they would all dominate the QAFL Competition. Be interesting to see how it pans out but can't see it changing in 2020?

heard Noosa in and Sandgate out as well.

Sandgate looking for a new coach because the senior coach signed up to coach QAFL, not Div 1 so departed when he found out.

If we are trying to improve the local kids playing at NEAFL Level they need to be exposed to the AFL listed players playing against them and not just in same side.

It's a no brainer that Swans, GWS, Lions and Suns have to be competing against other AFL Reserves sides.

Not sure what that means for the likes of Southport, Redlands and Aspley as they would all dominate the QAFL Competition. Be interesting to see how it pans out but can't see it changing in 2020?

I think Southport would stay in SM but now there is a salary cap and points system it does create a more level playing field. Redlands would struggle due to lack of a really strong junior base you would imagine under this format.

heard Noosa in and Sandgate out as well.

Sandgate looking for a new coach because the senior coach signed up to coach QAFL, not Div 1 so departed when he found out.
I'll believe it when I see it. Maroochydore are saying a few Noosa boys heading over so they wouldn't be saying that if Noosa signed deal and delivered to QAFL in 2020.

Absolute nonsense again from you. Terrific strike rate
Yep news to me as well.At this stage not going anywhere.May lose a few a graders to Maroochydore who want to play higher but that’s footy.May not lose anyone,all pretty happy at present.We will enter the higher comp when we know we are ready and ready to contend not just say we are in qafl cause that’s just a wank! Congrats to surfers on great win on Saturday and also to palmy thought it was a cracker!The live stream aflq put on was terrific they do that really well.

WORD IS THE NEAFL COMP WILL DISBAND IN 2021 AND BE REPLACED BY A AFL NATIONAL RESSIES COMP .. WORD IS SOUTHPORT AND ASPLEY WILL NOMINATE TO PARTICPATE IN THIS COMP WHILSTB REDLANDS WILL OPT OUT.

WORD IS THE NEAFL COMP WILL DISBAND IN 2021 AND BE REPLACED BY A AFL NATIONAL RESSIES COMP .. WORD IS SOUTHPORT AND ASPLEY WILL NOMINATE TO PARTICPATE IN THIS COMP WHILSTB REDLANDS WILL OPT OUT.
That would be massive upheaval considering the recent changes in SANFL & WAFL plus the aligned v standalone VFL comp with the independent clubs also. I cant see how Southport and Aspley pllay in that.

Yep news to me as well.At this stage not going anywhere.May lose a few a graders to Maroochydore who want to play higher but that’s footy.May not lose anyone,all pretty happy at present.We will enter the higher comp when we know we are ready and ready to contend not just say we are in qafl cause that’s just a wank! Congrats to surfers on great win on Saturday and also to palmy thought it was a cracker!The live stream aflq put on was terrific they do that really well.
Statement from Noosa on their club Facebook page stating they will remain in QFA Div1 for 2020

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do tell Super

But even a club with surplus cash can’t go on a big spending spree on recruits due to the salary cap.
Too many loopholes and very hard to Police a salary cap yet the point system is allot harder to exploit.
Hence there shouldn’t be a salary cap, if clubs have it they should be able to spend it although there should be a facility standard first before clubs can pay players.
Labrador for example , probable spend $100k on players the past decade yet the away rooms are disgraceful.

Salary cap is important to slow/stop the inflationary forces of player payments.

Simply limits what clubs can pay and players can ask.

Therefore meaning volunteers don’t have to fundraise 24/7 just to be competitive with clubs that happen to own pokies in low socio economic areas....

Salary cap is important to slow/stop the inflationary forces of player payments.

Therefore meaning volunteers don’t have to fundraise 24/7 just to be competitive with clubs that happen to own pokies in low socio economic areas....

Fair point

Why don’t they have all the pokie clubs in all one competition? They could call it the dragon link cup 😂

Anyone hear what the fallout was with Southport in relation to salary cap breach? Didn't hear of any monetary fines and they still played in GF?

I know Morningside got slugged $3K for s points infringement earlier in the year, surely the Southport breach was a bit more serious if the rumours were correct?

Are the NEAFL clubs controlled by the AFLQ? Would have thought probably not but might be wrong but if not then you are talking about 2 different governing bodies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back