QAFL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

So Kruezer got a coaching gig at Carlton so no go for Noosa.

62 at training is a big number, we are 35-40 odd at the Cats but a few at suns academy and few senior boys not back yet similar to panthers. Lost a few to Sharks and Cameron & Mills to SA but overall retention looks pretty good.

any recruits landed anywhere?

So Kruezer got a coaching gig at Carlton so no go for Noosa.

62 at training is a big number, we are 35-40 odd at the Cats but a few at suns academy and few senior boys not back yet similar to panthers. Lost a few to Sharks and Cameron & Mills to SA but overall retention looks pretty good.

any recruits landed anywhere?
Yeah Noosa strong numbers around 40-45 with lots of Colts! A much different pre season to last couple of years with new conditioning staff and assistants in place.Heaps of footy use and less endurance stuff so far!Everyone keen and having heaps of fun!

Good effort for a couple of QAFL lads to get drafted last night in Blake Coleman and Samson Ryan.

surprised Carter Michael and Jack Briskey weren't taken, but I imagine both will be rookied. Would think Crozier also an outside rookie chance, but list sizes hurting kids of this vintage unfortnately.

Edit: no QLD rookies :thumbsdownemoji:

Last edited:
Good effort for a couple of QAFL lads to get drafted last night in Blake Coleman and Samson Ryan.

surprised Carter Michael and Jack Briskey weren't taken, but I imagine both will be rookied. Would think Crozier also an outside rookie chance, but list sizes hurting kids of this vintage unfortnately.

And so did Broadys Alex Davies and Aiden Fyfe..

Lions took Carter Michael as a rookie in the end.

Hi Guys, for any of the Brisbane and Sunshine Coast based people with links to a club, are there any U18 Lions academy kids to watch out for next year?

I know there’s some here who know the kids with talent, hoping to hear your thoughts.

Yeah Noosa strong numbers around 40-45 with lots of Colts! A much different pre season to last couple of years with new conditioning staff and assistants in place.Heaps of footy use and less endurance stuff so far!Everyone keen and having heaps of fun!

Heading up to Noosa next week. What nights do they train? I wouldn’t mind having a look.

Hi Guys, for any of the Brisbane and Sunshine Coast based people with links to a club, are there any U18 Lions academy kids to watch out for next year?

I know there’s some here who know the kids with talent, hoping to hear your thoughts.

Few boys went undrafted in Crozier, Triffit and Briskey who will be thereabouts next year. Fair bit of talent in the 19-20 bracket also getting around who have AFL talent but due to dysfunctional system up here probably haven't had sufficient exposure to recruiters, nor sufficient playing continuity to develop their craft.

There is another kid called Prest who is a jet, but doesn't appear to have played this year - can anyone confirm what happened with him? Was v good bottom ager in 2019 Lions Academy series.

Few boys went undrafted in Crozier, Triffit and Briskey who will be thereabouts next year. Fair bit of talent in the 19-20 bracket also getting around who have AFL talent but due to dysfunctional system up here probably haven't had sufficient exposure to recruiters, nor sufficient playing continuity to develop their craft.

There is another kid called Prest who is a jet, but doesn't appear to have played this year - can anyone confirm what happened with him? Was v good bottom ager in 2019 Lions Academy series.

If Crozier, Triffett and Briskey couldn't even get rookied in a year where no junior footy was played in Victoria and each of them got plenty of visibility at QAFL level they'll be at long odds to get any interest next year.

Having said that, I've never heard or seen anyone suggest that Triffett is even remotely draftable and that's my view as well. Crozier and Briskey both have some good footy traits but so do another 50-100 18yo's across the country who also missed out this week.

Darcy Prest is a jet? Wouldn't put him in that category myself although he has some talent. No idea what he was doing this year but didn't see him listed at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Crozier, Triffett and Briskey couldn't even get rookied in a year where no junior footy was played in Victoria and each of them got plenty of visibility at QAFL level they'll be at long odds to get any interest next year.

Having said that, I've never heard or seen anyone suggest that Triffett is even remotely draftable and that's my view as well. Crozier and Briskey both have some good footy traits but so do another 50-100 18yo's across the country who also missed out this week.

Darcy Prest is a jet? Wouldn't put him in that category myself although he has some talent. No idea what he was doing this year but didn't see him listed at all.

100% Qld boys need to be that little bit better to be drafted vs their southern counterparts but so be it. They also get further up the food chain a hell of a lot easier.
Think the boys who were drafted/ rookied from Qld this year all well deserved and good to see a number of them too. Think it was around the 6-8 mark again which is solid.

Obviously didn’t want GF Judge? Triffett was outstanding with his attack on footy and opposition. He had late start to season due to injuries and missed a fair chunk of preseason.

I think he has huge upside and I reckon he will be up there as Lions top draft pick next year along with Crozier again.

Obviously didn’t want GF Judge? Triffett was outstanding with his attack on footy and opposition. He had late start to season due to injuries and missed a fair chunk of preseason.

I think he has huge upside and I reckon he will be up there as Lions top draft pick next year along with Crozier again.

Fair enough, you could well be right, but I have been watching these guys play and train since they were 11 so I know them reasonably well.

My point about Triffet was that he wasn’t mentioned in draft discussions this year, I might be underrating him but either way he’ll no doubt get plenty of opportunities next year to step up and be noticed, particularly by the Lions.

Hearing Palmy struggling to find a Coach , put all their eggs in one basket by heavily perusing Andy Lovell while ignoring other suitable candidates which has now come back to bite them on the ass.
Woodley gone back to Tazy and Thyne bro’s off to Victoria, could they be the big sliders next season?

Hearing Palmy struggling to find a Coach , put all their eggs in one basket by heavily perusing Andy Lovell while ignoring other suitable candidates which has now come back to bite them on the ass.
Woodley gone back to Tazy and Thyne bro’s off to Victoria, could they be the big sliders next season?
Do you really believe Palmy won’t get a suitable applicant/ Coach?

Do you really believe Palmy won’t get a suitable applicant/ Coach?

Apparently they have a coach now soon to be announced.

But yes it’s fair to say they have lost a few so for the first time in a while probably not likely in the top 2 favourites.
I’ve heard Labrador have got 3-4 ex AFL players so could be the big movers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back