QAFL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

anyone who takes anything personal that’s posted on here have a sad life and are very insecure and too sensitive.
Still. Some decorum in the comments or at the least backing up statements with some facts or your sources would assist make this a better forum. If it's a 5 year olds mudslinging forum its get pretty boring

I heard Sandgate have lost a few to Redcliffe and are in talks with AFLQ about their future in the QAFL. Any Brisbane based posters know anything about this?

Got to feel for them a bit, must be hard to keep fronting up knowing it’s going to be another long year. They need to recruit a few players to geniunely improve but if you are a good player moving to Brisbane honestly where would you sign Sandgate or one of the other clubs? It’s not like they have big $$$$ to throw at a few

I heard Sandgate have lost a few to Redcliffe and are in talks with AFLQ about their future in the QAFL. Any Brisbane based posters know anything about this?

Got to feel for them a bit, must be hard to keep fronting up knowing it’s going to be another long year. They need to recruit a few players to geniunely improve but if you are a good player moving to Brisbane honestly where would you sign Sandgate or one of the other clubs? It’s not like they have big $$$$ to throw at a few
Heard similar. I hope its wrong.

I have to say that the whole courting of Noosa by AFLQ and a provisional statement about 2021 surely was never about having an 11 team comp.

I’m sure there is no love lost between Redcliffe and Sandgate. With the amount of juniors that the tigers have lost to the hawks over the years !

Heard similar. I hope its wrong.

I have to say that the whole courting of Noosa by AFLQ and a provisional statement about 2021 surely was never about having an 11 team comp.

Better tthey drop to Div1 now rather than the possibility of not fielding two teams by mid next season, hard pill to swallow but Sandgate need to bite their pride and do what’s best for their long term survival, they can always come back into the QAFL if they become too dominant in Div1.
They should replace Sandgate with Redlands whom will ever be successful in the NEAFL ahead of Southport and AsPley

Maroochydore (and probably Noosa in 2021) entry into QAFL will affect Sandgate far more than it will Aspley. There are a fair few kids that make their way south to play the higher level. Wont now. Everyone knows if you want to be drafted you need to bite the bullet at some point and play NEAFL footy if you aren't on the lions academy radar. No one will be drafted straight out of QAFL without playing at least some footy at NEAFL level I don't think.

Penny... to Vultures - that's interesting bc he struggled at back end of year to make Pumas best side. Good luck to him though. He certainly doesn't travel too far, very loyal to the area!

I'd heard from a couple of sources that Sandgate recently banked over $200k from selling their pokies, and if that's right you'd think that it would at least buy them some breathing space and allow them to pay for/field a decent QAFL team in 2020.

However, it does seem that without pokies Sandgate's revenue options in the longer term are looking pretty ordinary, and it's hard to see them staying up in the QAFL for much longer unless something radical happens.

they have no affiliation with the social club anymore, so that $200k - the footy club wouldn't see any of it?

Wonder if the seperation happened before or after that cash bonanza? Or maybe it was uded to pay down debt?

they have no affiliation with the social club anymore, so that $200k - the footy club wouldn't see any of it?

Wonder if the seperation happened before or after that cash bonanza? Or maybe it was uded to pay down debt?

No idea about any of that, I guess it's possible that the footy club has no access to these funds and if so 2020 looks very problematic for the Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard the sale of the pokies was going to be a panacea to their financial problems too but I'm not sure in what respect. Might have been all bs. maybe the pokies were bleeding?

would be disasterous if they pulled out now.
For who.
Sandgate have done well hanging in that long.
If they do go back the chances of going back up are slim.
But the chances of winning a few games in div one are good.
I'm sure a lot of the regulars are sick of getting belted all the time.
So unless aflq are willing to help them then it's probably a real chance.
But the cynical side of me thinks they will be made to play this year.
Then be dropped and forgotten about when noosa enters in 2021.

isn't the accepted policy for these types of things that they fall all the way to Fri night footy?

Isn't that what they have forced other clubs to do when they want to change divisions at such a late stage?

At least they could play against their ext teammates at Zillmere that way! Some solid intra clubs

The League needs to start making decisions that’s best for the clubs not the league, they should be either helping them survive or drop down a level but they seem to be doing neither, so what do they actually get paid to do?
Big cost for clubs for someone to construct a fixture while the rest pretend to be busy.

The League needs to start making decisions that’s best for the clubs not the league, they should be either helping them survive or drop down a level but they seem to be doing neither, so what do they actually get paid to do?
Big cost for clubs for someone to construct a fixture while the rest pretend to be busy.
Stop making perfect sence.
Of course that's what they should do.
But fan is right every other club has been forced to go to Friday nite.
I hope that doesn't happen to hawks.

Stop making perfect sence.
Of course that's what they should do.
But fan is right every other club has been forced to go to Friday nite.
I hope that doesn't happen to hawks.

Wasn’t the teams forced to Friday’s night’s cos they didn’t have reserves and colts sides?

Could understand the league struggling to attract high caliber managers and operators if the roles were voluntary but when some of them are on 100k plus you expect some decent operators but it doesn’t seem to be the case from, I don’t them personally but they don’t seem all that popular from what you read on here and hear around the traps.

Wasn’t the teams forced to Friday’s night’s cos they didn’t have reserves and colts sides?

Could understand the league struggling to attract high caliber managers and operators if the roles were voluntary but when some of them are on 100k plus you expect some decent operators but it doesn’t seem to be the case from, I don’t them personally but they don’t seem all that popular from what you read on here and hear around the traps.
No mate some of the clubs had a massive exit of senior players.
So going back 1 division was a way of keeping two sides on the paddock.
They didn't think they could keep players if they stayed in the same division.
Seemed fair but aflq said if you don't stay in your current comp you go back to div 5.
Not much help or consideration given.
So it will be interesting to see if Sandgate get the same treatment.
Sometimes the clubs themselves have the solution to their problem but if aflq disagree there's no flexabilty.
As for aflq paid staff.
I'll leave that for you to decide.
But I've said it before they get paid well to do a draw and change rules every couple if years.
Hope Sandgate get through it and not just for this year to suit aflq.

remember they have to take into consideration whats good for the other 9 QAFL clubs and the Div 1 clubs who are all building plans around the 2020 season.

remember they have to take into consideration whats good for the other 9 QAFL clubs and the Div 1 clubs who are all building plans around the 2020 season.
So what about other clubs.
You address the club in crisis and the rest just deal with it.
Do the best for Sandgate or any club in trouble for that matter.
It's what should be done in every one of these suituations.
But if they drop back one level it will fly in the face of what they told other clubs who were in this situation.
That would be an insult to a lot of people and the backlash will follow I'm sure.
So if aflq are consistent it will be one team club or stay where you are.
Not that I agree with that attitude but it's their policy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back