QAFL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Premier ,
thanks mate ,, you totally understand what im saying ... And just to ad one more for this season, be it Labrador again recruiting another player from the minor Hume league comp yet again who has a good reputation at that level but has never played at the nearby Ovens & Murray comp ,,, geez , A FELLOW POSTER MENTIONED A CLUBS DUE DILLIGENCE IN RECRUITING ,, but s**t ,, Labrador have gone down the same path again ...
Let me give you a example of good club due dillegence in recruiting from last season ,, be it Surfers Paradise......( and last year I posted on this forum that this player will be a gun performer ) The recruits name was Jack Yelland ,,, played for Berrigan in his youth in the Murray football league , played tac cup , played VFL seniors and was a strong player in this comp ... and what did he acheive here for Surfers ,, was aq gun and pivotal player to assist them to the premiership win ,, Now thats the difference in good recruiting ,,, without having tp pay megabucks in match payments ...
Clubs should tell guys like Josh Baxter he is 33 or so ,, has been a good player but not a star and at his age he will not be a match winner over a season like say Jack Yelland .... so heres what we are prepared to pay you ,,, if you dont like it see u later .... and The Grange ,, you are making a wrong decision if you wish to gain his services with the best bid ,, u have to be kidding ,,,

Stuyd your due diligence would’ve picked up that the bloke in question played over 100 games for Yarrawonga and went back a level last year due to work commitments and won their B & F by the length of the straight...

Stuyd your due diligence would’ve picked up that the bloke in question played over 100 games for Yarrawonga and went back a level last year due to work commitments and won their B & F by the length of the straight...

hence my original comment that you would be mad to discount a bloke bc he has come out of a minor league..

Yep, we're very happy to have Aaron Fabian on board this year, even at this very early stage his leadership and character have stood out in addition to his obvious ability as a player.

Mitch Crawley has come over to Grange, as have a couple of very talented juniors in Shatna Cashen-Harris and Kuot Thok who both played some senior footy last year for Sandgate. Fabian's presence could still result in a couple of other good young blokes registering with us, but we'll have to wait and see.

We wanted Ben Hogan but unfortunately he took an offer from Coorparoo instead.

I understand that the Harding brothers have gone to Mt Gravatt.

Crawley a good pickup, isn't he training with Aspley?

Fabian rumnoured to have tripled his matchies - good on him, was probably criminally underpaid, hes a good player.

Blackdog,
thats correct ,,,hes a good player,,, and super quick ...he should do well one would think . Just stirring the pot as Im a Broady man !!!!

As reported by another poster, I too now have heard that Baxter to grange is a done deal.

We obviously would have liked him at the cats ( he lives up the road from us, previously played a few games for us from sharks, and knows most of the boys) but not to be.

Grange the big improvers this year. Fabian is a gun and Baxter a 50 goal forward. one or 2 more from Sandgate and a couple others I’m sure they’ve worked on and game on.

No easy games in QAFL this year, can’t wait!

As reported by another poster, I too now have heard that Baxter to grange is a done deal.

We obviously would have liked him at the cats ( he lives up the road from us, previously played a few games for us from sharks, and knows most of the boys) but not to be.

Grange the big improvers this year. Fabian is a gun and Baxter a 50 goal forward. one or 2 more from Sandgate and a couple others I’m sure they’ve worked on and game on.

No easy games in QAFL this year, can’t wait!

Premier ,,
wow ,, so he lives mid gold coast area ( Baxter ) and hes going to travel all season to the Grange to train and play !!!.. your kidding ,, must be good match payments ,,,

Baxter to the Grange ,,,, or does he work in Brisbane ??...for if he works and lives on the gold coast your talking about some 400 klms in travel just to train on tuesdays and thursdays ,l let alone travel to play on the saturday .... there must be some sort of arrangement here ,,, maybe he will continue to train with Southport !!!!

Thanks ablett and how many teams are capable of paying this sort of dough?

Not many would openly admit they’d spend that much on one player but for the right player a few of the GC teams would find it and most clubs usually have people outside of the club that will chip in to pay a big name player or work out a ‘sponsorship deal’.
I wouldn’t pay Baxter that much, maybe $200 a game plus bonuses per goal or reaching a certain amount of goals.
He would be a handy inclusion for a team looking for a genuine FF, possibly a good fit at a Surfers Paradise to replace the Green who retired but doubt they would spend that much but stranger things have happened!

Not many would openly admit they’d spend that much on one player but for the right player a few of the GC teams would find it and most clubs usually have people outside of the club that will chip in to pay a big name player or work out a ‘sponsorship deal’.
I wouldn’t pay Baxter that much, maybe $200 a game plus bonuses per goal or reaching a certain amount of goals.
He would be a handy inclusion for a team looking for a genuine FF, possibly a good fit at a Surfers Paradise to replace the Green who retired but doubt they would spend that much but stranger things have happened!

Ablett,,, I in
yeah Ablett ,, i hear what your saying ,, only issue with paying a player a base and then bucks per goal is a very negative renumeration package .ive seen plenty of deals like this over the years and in most cases it creates a self interest with the player on the package ,, just not worth going down this track

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although Thommo will deny, you would think Harwood and Beams would on $500 minimum considering their resume and what clubs would’ve offered them around Australia?

lets get real ,, there would be a number of players in the comp on 500 bucks a game ,,, or a package that have off field benefits from certain sponsors and their business ,,, it happens in most comps state wide ,,

I heard Jack Anthony has pulled the pin cos his hamstrings are shot, anyone from Palmy confirm or deny?

Well the Gold Coast Bulletin reported back in early December he had cut ties with PBC and will not be playing for them in 2020 ,,, thats all I know ,,,, maybe De Faziro can update us here.

Premier ,,
wow ,, so he lives mid gold coast area ( Baxter ) and hes going to travel all season to the Grange to train and play !!!.. your kidding ,, must be good match payments ,,,
From what I've heard just call it a significant offer

I hear PBC might loose Mckenzie and Munro ,,, but thats not a issue ,, as most clubs loose players ... have recruited v2 good players from down south i believe ..

Not 100% but don’t think we will see Jack Anthony in the QAFL Year. I heard he is travelling around Australia. But who knows with him?

munro and Mckenzie both work in Brisbane so good chance they wont be playing. The addition of Stubbs and Yak Douglas in the forward 50 probably outweigh the departure of JA. Less one dimensional.

I also heard Baxter was keen to play at palmy but the players weren’t too keen on having him...

Not 100% but don’t think we will see Jack Anthony in the QAFL Year. I heard he is travelling around Australia. But who knows with him?

munro and Mckenzie both work in Brisbane so good chance they wont be playing. The addition of Stubbs and Yak Douglas in the forward 50 probably outweigh the departure of JA. Less one dimensional.

I also heard Baxter was keen to play at palmy but the players weren’t too keen on having him...
Be interested in the Grange strategy on points. Forget Baxter has his by far largest monetary offer from Grange AND whatever agreement about how often he has to travel for training. On first glance isnt he 6 points? 4 for QAFL level played plus 2 for playing against previous club? The Sandgate guys will be 4 points.

For Palmy Douglas will be 1 point and Stubbs potentially discounted from 5 NEAFL points if he has played enough QAFL in past 3 years.

The irony is the idea of the points cap is for competitive equity. Not sure it's doing that if the teams outside the finals for the past few years can't load up

Baulch was primary listed with the Magpies in 2019, we just never saw him after about Round 3.

Far as I know, hes from Perth, not Noosa and will be aligned to us.
Fair enough I just thought that because he lives with his folks at sunshine beach he would be aligned to Maroochydore being the closest qafl club.Although I think things have changed with that rule as players that don’t make neafl team selection or are coming off injury can play back at their original clubs regardless of whether they are qafl

Fair enough I just thought that because he lives with his folks at sunshine beach he would be aligned to Maroochydore being the closest qafl club.Although I think things have changed with that rule as players that don’t make neafl team selection or are coming off injury can play back at their original clubs regardless of whether they are qafl
If they let noosa players that are on a NEAFL list play for Noosa that means it’s different rules for them to what the Brisbane Div 1 clubs get.

Is that the Stubbs formerly from Palmy then played at Mt.Gravatt last few seasons?

If they let noosa players that are on a NEAFL list play for Noosa that means it’s different rules for them to what the Brisbane Div 1 clubs get.
Baulch is aligned to magpies as he infact lives in Brisbane whilst at uni,Templeton is aligned to Maroochydore if not playing at Aspley and Fitzpatrick and odwyer are aligned to their original club (Noosa) due to it being their first year on a neafl list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back