QAFL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to change subject people but would appreciate your thoughts on which maroochy,northshore,NOOSA,Caloundra and Nambour players dominated competitions in the past in your opinion.We are trying to assemble a best ever Sunshine Coast team from the last 50 years.The only unnegotiable criteria is that they had to play at least 75 games with a sunny coast team We are tracking along well with selection thus far but just thought I’d put it out there!

Sorry to change subject people but would appreciate your thoughts on which maroochy,northshore,NOOSA,Caloundra and Nambour players dominated competitions in the past in your opinion.We are trying to assemble a best ever Sunshine Coast team from the last 50 years.The only unnegotiable criteria is that they had to play at least 75 games with a sunny coast team We are tracking along well with selection thus far but just thought I’d put it out there!
Surely Barry O’Brien would be in there when he played for Caloundra!

There was this bloke, Julian Pitts. Goal sneak extraordinaire.. was a chronic smoker so had a radius of approx 25m from goals. Anymore they had ambos on standby at weyba rd. Could find the goals though.

Reece Langan (was playing at Noosa around 03/04 as an older player) from Bendigo (?) was outstanding. Couldn't tackle him. Hicks at Noosa was very good at centre half forward and full forward for a few years, but my recollection suggests he gave it away at a reasonably young age. Ryan White at Maroochy was excellent from around 05 to 2010 (or thereabouts). He and Elliot Hohenaus (spelling?) were very handy in the same team. Sawyers (Ryan?) at Noosa was also good in the middle.

For the Sunshine Coast team Of the recent brigade - Josh Norman, Daniel Dzufer played a lot of NEAFL footy and went back to Maroochydore .
Is the 75 game requirement a necessity, it would be hard not to include Josh Drummond and Nathan Clarke just because there football took them elsewhere

For the Sunshine Coast team Of the recent brigade - Josh Norman, Daniel Dzufer played a lot of NEAFL footy and went back to Maroochydore .
Is the 75 game requirement a necessity, it would be hard not to include Josh Drummond and Nathan Clarke just because there football took them elsewhere
Yes it is a non negotiable with selection

Heard last night Chad Owens got moved on from Coburg VFL after one year as a development coach, and is now at the Northern Blues as a Development Coach.

Heard last night Chad Owens got moved on from Coburg VFL after one year as a development coach, and is now at the Northern Blues as a Development Coach.
There is a post dated 16th January 2020 on Northern Blues website announcing Chad's addition, along side Perry Meka who has moved into Operations and Relationship Manager.

There is a post dated 16th January 2020 on Northern Blues website announcing Chad's addition, along side Perry Meka who has moved into Operations and Relationship Manager.
Perry Mekka Relationship Manager, that’s the funniest thing I’ve heard in a long time!
They obviously didn’t do any background checks.......relationship manager hahaha

Perry Mekka Relationship Manager, that’s the funniest thing I’ve heard in a long time!
They obviously didn’t do any background checks.......relationship manager hahaha
Not defending him at all because I don't him but my understanding was that he brought some revenue in at Labrador in his days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am way too far away to know if that is right or wrong. Interested if this is the concensus
Very True, drove into Labrador in his Lamborghini, met with Fieldsy at the time, offered his services as an assistant coach and 10,000 in sponsorship.
Fieldsy obviously excepted and then let the coaching staff know.. Perry then went on to coach the club the following year and they went back to Back.
No idea how much money he put in that year, but i would assume a fair bit. He was moved on after that season, mutual agreement.

Very True, drove into Labrador in his Lamborghini, met with Fieldsy at the time, offered his services as an assistant coach and 10,000 in sponsorship.
Fieldsy obviously excepted and then let the coaching staff know.. Perry then went on to coach the club the following year and they went back to Back.
No idea how much money he put in that year, but i would assume a fair bit. He was moved on after that season, mutual agreement.

Heard similar and that the following year he will sponsor 20k if he is coach.

How does 10k + 20k equate to 50k?
Hope you don’t look after the finances at Noosa!
Sorry guys thought I read that he was assistant coach first year year haven given 10 k then senior coach next two years giving 20 k a year that equals 50 to me but happy to be wrong either way Labrador seemed to go ok!And please don’t worry bout finances at Noosa hard working footy club both on and off field the only sunny coast club been sustainable for fifty years!

I reckon you’re getting Ablett and Gazzaaaa mixed up. I watched Gaz for years and knew who it was, it was quite comical. He’s gone to ground since being found out. He’ll reincarnate if he hasn’t already.
Confident I’m on the money,
I reckon you’re getting Ablett and Gazzaaaa mixed up. I watched Gaz for years and knew who it was, it was quite comical. He’s gone to ground since being found out. He’ll reincarnate if he hasn’t already.
nah, think I’m on the coin here, don’t know anybody else that retired 20 years ago hasn’t coached for a decade yet knows more than most

So most people know who I am long time Broady volunteer and ex player (juniors and colts) and I’ve always respected others whose identity pretty well known. But it’s a forum where it’s your right to be anonymous should you choose.

It amuses me the guessing games. I’ve no idea or care who Gazza or Ablett are or if it’s the same person (could it actually be the no. 4 for Geelong lol?)

I just know that it’s definitely not Matty Littlechild as has been suggested. I know this because I personally showed ML this very website a couple years back, he had never seen it before and this was well after these guys were posting.

I’m with black dog too in that I reckon people put stuff up for amusement and to stir the pot. All good - trying to work out the truth from the BS is part of the fun Of BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back