QAFL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Gazza is Matt Littlechild not Ablett. But who really cares?

Is there any relevant stuff to talk about on here about the current season approaching?

Confident I’m on the money,

nah, think I’m on the coin here, don’t know anybody else that retired 20 years ago hasn’t coached for a decade yet knows more than most
Easy Mudsticks. I think your last line describes me as well🤣
Gazza is Matt Littlechild not Ablett. But who really cares?

Is there any relevant stuff to talk about on here about the current season approaching?
Agree on the last sentence Dezario. What tips have you got for us for big movers, shakers and smokies for 2020?

February probably the worst month for footy tragics

I know we have AFLW which I don’t mind actually and Marsh series but really let’s face it we are all counting down the days until season proper starts. The QAFL still 7 weeks away, bugger 7 more weeks of BigFooty.com filler.

I expect Lab and grange to be the improvers this year. Palmy favourite, throw a blanket over Ds cats and panthers as challenging.

lab and mt g to fight for 5th but the big difference this year is i don’t see weakness in the tail, Maroochydore a lot stronger than Sandgate and grange to be much improved as noted

I’veno idea where the Maggie’s are at probably the same as always competitive but not quite finals

February probably the worst month for footy tragics

I know we have AFLW which I don’t mind actually and Marsh series but really let’s face it we are all counting down the days until season proper starts. The QAFL still 7 weeks away, bugger 7 more weeks of BigFooty.com filler.

I expect Lab and grange to be the improvers this year. Palmy favourite, throw a blanket over Ds cats and panthers as challenging.

lab and mt g to fight for 5th but the big difference this year is i don’t see weakness in the tail, Maroochydore a lot stronger than Sandgate and grange to be much improved as noted

I’veno idea where the Maggie’s are at probably the same as always competitive but not quite finals
Good call Premier. I think the QAFL is finally at a competitive level across the board which is what we want. For me I have a sneaking suspicion that despite the recent kerfuffle the Cats will be a big danger. I heard 2nd hand numbers at Maroochydore are very strong to the point of significant overflow.

Mt.Gravatt & Western Magpies always seem to be the unknowns this time of year.
I think the Vultures gained some of Sandgates decent young cattle but whether the make any difference only time will tell.

Morningside apparently lost to Cooly in a praccy game last Saturday?
If so surely even the Panthers reserves team should’ve been too good for Cooly or should Cooly be in Div1?

I think the Vultures gained some of Sandgates decent young cattle but whether the make any difference only time will tell.

If so surely even the Panthers reserves team should’ve been too good for Cooly or should Cooly be in Div1?
Ablett, I couldnt see one senior player name for Morningside v Coolangatta online team list. Good on Cooly for taking them on though. Morningside have a praccie v Grange and another v Brisbane Lions NEAFL in the coming weeks and are travelling to Maroochydore end March. Better gauge at stage I'd reckon.

Agree Magpies and Vultures quiet at present

Good call Premier. I think the QAFL is finally at a competitive level across the board which is what we want. For me I have a sneaking suspicion that despite the recent kerfuffle the Cats will be a big danger. I heard 2nd hand numbers at Maroochydore are very strong to the point of significant overflow.

Quantity vs quality is always the debate though mate. But you are correct - they wont have trouble fielding a 2's side... :)

I think Morningside put out an U21’s team but had no Academy kids either.

Think next few weeks will start seeing where teams are at.

just watching the st marys vs Nightcliff final from last night... geez is good footy , open, skilful and quick. Theres a 17 year old for St Marys whom is a gun,,, His name is Maurice Rioli jnr ,,, yes his dad was the great tiger Maurice Rioli,,, the boy is a spitting image of his dad and has the moves of him as well, Also there is a guy Jacob Long , a close relative to Michael Long ,,, extremely good at centre half back

just watching the st marys vs Nightcliff final from last night... geez is good footy , open, skilful and quick. Theres a 17 year old for St Marys whom is a gun,,, His name is Maurice Rioli jnr ,,, yes his dad was the great tiger Maurice Rioli,,, the boy is a spitting image of his dad and has the moves of him as well, Also there is a guy Jacob Long , a close relative to Michael Long ,,, extremely good at centre half back

Nice to Join the forum after a few years watching from the sidelines.
Do you know if any territory prospects will be coming to play in the QAFL this season?

Nice to Join the forum after a few years watching from the sidelines.
Do you know if any territory prospects will be coming to play in the QAFL this season?

Yuckcentral, welcome aboard ....Im not aware of any no ...
Now that the Thunder are not in the comp I dont know what these players will do over the winter period...Some of them go and play in the country victorian comps , and in the Perth suburban comps , but it surprises me has been little action from the QLD clubs including the NEAFL to secure some of these very good players.

Yuckcentral, welcome aboard ....Im not aware of any no ...
Now that the Thunder are not in the comp I dont know what these players will do over the winter period...Some of them go and play in the country victorian comps , and in the Perth suburban comps , but it surprises me has been little action from the QLD clubs including the NEAFL to secure some of these very good players.

i GATHER ITS ALL ABOUT EMPLOYMENT , DIFFICULT TO LEAVE THEIR JOB IN DARWIN....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the recruitment I've heard about (so likely not true!) there will be some bloody strong 2's teams due to points caps!
Thommo any chance of sharing? And the funny thing is that if those players crack the sads with said club as they can't play ones and they've played 5 games they'll go elsewhere in QAFL as 6 points for the rest of their lives?????

Surfers
Marochy
Palmy
Lab
Broadbeach
Morningside
Grange
Magpies
Mt Gravatt

And I'm a palmy supporter
There you go

Gee smy now I’m concerned.I had them 4th on the back of assuming the Roos would have recruited well.I haven’t heard too much at all but spoke to their president and recruiting guru a couple of weeks ago and they seemed quietly confident.Will certainly have needed to add quality to their senior list to contend at the level they r at now!

Surfers
Marochy
Palmy
Lab
Broadbeach
Morningside
Grange
Magpies
Mt Gravatt

And I'm a palmy supporter
There you go
QFF you feeling some lethargy creeping in at Salk oval?
Plus not saying they can't do it but I believe Maroochydore can finish 2nd when I see a couple of good wins away from Fishermans Rd against top 5 sides

Last edited:
Long time listener, first time caller.

PB/Currumbin
Surfers Paradise
Broadbeach
Sherwood
Morningside
Maroochydore
Grange
Mt Gravatt
Labrador

Remove this Banner Ad