QAFL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, I'll have a crack at Bris 22. No doubt will cause discussion and probably have missed some.

FB: Trewhella (WG), Frame (M'side), Thomson (S'gate/WG)
HB: Hamill (Mt G), Brittain (WG), Scott (Sher)
C: Kinch (M'side), Neate (Mt G), Evans (M'side/Mt G)
HF: Pope (Sher), Abey (M'side), Carbone (Mt G)
FF: Estall (Mt G), Staker (Sher), Bain (Sher/Mt G)

R: Smith (Mt G)
RR: Kuret (WG)
Ro: Carseldine (Sher)

Int: Mollison (M'side), Overington (S'gate), Hannaford (UQ), Tronc (Mt G)
Lol not one Southport player

Being from the GC I’ll have a crack at a goldy side from last 7 years. Probably missing a few but it’s actually quite hard to think when doing

B - B Haberfield (SP) L McNevin (PBC) W Mills (Lab)

HB -Woolley (PBC) J Emblem (PBC) N Quick (BB)

C - J Derrick (PBC) T Cornish (PBC) A Clarke (LAB)

HF - J Searle (BB) B Retzlaff (LAB) T Thynne (PBC)

F - D Green (SP) J Douglas (PBC) N Burton (BB)

FOL - J Goldsmith (LAB) J Burge (PBC) C Haberfield (SP)

INT - B Hicks (LAB) R Pantic (BB) J Croad (PBC) B Erickson (

Ok, I'll have a crack at Bris 22. No doubt will cause discussion and probably have missed some.

That 2014 Morningside premiership team would have to feature heavily.
Shelton has to be in and probably captain. Nash, Lachy Russ I’d have in also IMO.
Tough to leave blokes out in both areas.

Being from the GC I’ll have a crack at a goldy side from last 7 years. Probably missing a few but it’s actually quite hard to think when doing

Another good team.
Others in contention (some maybe biased, some not) would be Jake Dignan, Troutman, Jack Anthony, Ryan Davey, Todd Featherstone, Adam Baird, Jayden Young.

That 2014 Morningside premiership team would have to feature heavily.
Shelton has to be in and probably captain. Nash, Lachy Russ I’d have in also IMO.
Tough to leave blokes out in both areas.

Don't disagree with you, though Shelton didn't play much during the period. If it had been from 2010 to now he's a lock along with a number of others.

Another good team.
Others in contention (some maybe biased, some not) would be Jake Dignan, Troutman, Jack Anthony, Ryan Davey, Todd Featherstone, Adam Baird, Jayden Young.
Good call. I suppose I went for players who featured more in the 7 year bracket. A few of the ones you mentioned have only had a couple of seasons

good crack their Dezario... not sure about Douglas,, would have Anthony there for sure ,, and Broadys Evan Panozza ,, just has to be in the side ,, a absolute gun player,

My team will most likely be a long way off it as i am base it on only seeing 3 seasons (17,18,19) of QAFL footy. Research suggests that Davey should be in this but I didn't see him play. I think also that Cassidy Haberfield may be unlucky as well.

Fb: Haberfield Emblem Young
Hb: Woolley Mills Troutman
C: Clarke Burge Derrick
Hf: Searle Retzlaff Cornish
FF: Douglas Anthony D. Greene

Foll: Goldsmith
T. Thynne
B Ericson

Int: McNeven
Burton
Hicks
Dignan

My team will most likely be a long way off it as i am base it on only seeing 3 seasons (17,18,19) of QAFL footy. Research suggests that Davey should be in this but I didn't see him play. I think also that Cassidy Haberfield may be unlucky as well.

T. Thynne
B Ericson

Burton
Hicks
Dignan

ripping side

Not bad Sherrin. Agree with most. However your full forward line probably needs complete replacement with:
Dickfos (Sherwood), Stubbs (Mt G), Harding (S'Gate)
And not sure Kuret gets a gig for one good 2015 season. Surely either Pendlebury (M'Side) or Joe Murphy (Mt G) comes in for sheer weight of performance over more seasons.
Plus happy for Smith & Mollison to swap in a forward pocket which may allow Nash (M'Side) to take a bench seat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

T. Thynne
B Ericson

Burton
Hicks
Dignan
Imagine the 3 Brisbane defenders sleeping the night before engaging that full forward line!!!

Why wood you have tiges bottomdwelers clarke and hicks in team... both hastnt played in 4ever and hicks is bad bloke... best thing that couldv happened to lab this year is for footy to be canceled so they dont get embarased again... use to be run and managed well now they just have brain dead hacks runing club
I'll have to politely disagree with you there. Clarke and Hicks were dominate players in 2017. It also says they both played in back to back flags so that is a great achievement.

I can't comment on the way their club runs though it sounds like you know more about that.

Have you taken the time to put a side together?

How about best team since QAFL rebranded in 2014.

B: Brody Haberfield, Wayde Mills, Ryley Buntain
HB: Josh Woolley, Jayden Young, Nathan Kinch
C: Jesse Derrick, Steve Brittain, Adam Clarke
HF: Matthew Logan, Bryce Retzlaff, Tyler Cornish
F: Jack Anthony, Kent Abey, Josh Baxter
Foll: Peter Mollison, Jason Burge, Bill Hicks
Int: Andrew Smith, Cassidy Haberfield, Thomas Thynne, Sam Stubbs

Unlucky: Luke Scott, Callum Carseldine, Jack Prestegar, Nathan Beck, Matthew Trewhella, Todd Bryant, Lachlan Russ, Nathan Quick, Josh Searl

Went with full body of work over multiple years in place of pure talent alone. Otherwise team would be filled with 2014/15 Mside and Labrador players and other star recruits across all the clubs that stuck around for a year or two. One or two exceptions to the rule in there. Forward line a bit top heavy but too difficult to drop one out.

Agree, for my Brisbane team I would simply pick the 2014 Morningside team in it entirety. I would also back them to beat any Gold Coast team.
There would be players running around in the 2014 reserves more worthy than some of the suggestions for the Brisbane team

easy 2 play when team is good... nowere 2 be seen during the hard times..

club is ran by low iq hacks hoo shouldtn even be managing u.8s...

in 2 years labs are going 2 drop out of qafl like sandgate...

How about best team since QAFL rebranded in 2014.

B: Brody Haberfield, Wayde Mills, Ryley Buntain
HB: Josh Woolley, Jayden Young, Nathan Kinch
C: Jesse Derrick, Steve Brittain, Adam Clarke
HF: Matthew Logan, Bryce Retzlaff, Tyler Cornish
F: Jack Anthony, Kent Abey, Josh Baxter
Foll: Peter Mollison, Jason Burge, Bill Hicks
Int: Andrew Smith, Cassidy Haberfield, Thomas Thynne, Sam Stubbs

Unlucky: Luke Scott, Callum Carseldine, Jack Prestegar, Nathan Beck, Matthew Trewhella, Todd Bryant, Lachlan Russ, Nathan Quick, Josh Searl

Went with full body of work over multiple years in place of pure talent alone. Otherwise team would be filled with 2014/15 Mside and Labrador players and other star recruits across all the clubs that stuck around for a year or two. One or two exceptions to the rule in there. Forward line a bit top heavy but too difficult to drop one out.

great team. In think you would be missing Jackson Emblem either in the side or in the unlucky category has been PBCs CHB since 2012, 3 flags (2 in Qafl) 2 best and fairest runner ups

sounds like yiu have something to do with labs champ... having a cry because youre club is teribly run... hire some ppl with half a brain and you mite not stink...

any1 see labs seniors lost by over 100 points to bunch of kids the suns academy in pre:season...? how can you compeet with men when you cant beat children...

sounds like yiu have something to do with labs champ... having a cry because youre club is teribly run... hire some ppl with half a brain and you mite not stink...

Dezario has nothing to do with Labrador he obviously saw a keyboard warrior and called you out.

What’s the issue down at Lab these days champ?

You can dislike the club all you like but you don’t have much credit if you don’t rate Clarke and Hicks.
Them as well as Goldsmiths’ absense over the past few seasons has been a big blow to Lab.

I think you’ll find Lab player a combination of colts and reserves players with a couple of senior players playing against the suns academy.

yiu defs sound like your apart of labs ,champ,...
good football clubs are ran Well which labs isnt...
broadbeach are playin sharks neafl and making game compeetitiv... labs are playing children and geting embarased... shows diference between clubs...

yiu defs sound like your apart of labs ,champ,...
good football clubs are ran Well which labs isnt...
broadbeach are playin sharks neafl and making game compeetitiv... labs are playing children and geting embarased... shows diference between clubs...

ok sounds good champ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back