QAFL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the club support from opposition and I’d do the same for you.
At the end of the day it’s footy which we all love and despite our club biases we all have the same passion.
This dude obviously has an axe to grind but despite being illiterate he’s not too hard to read for us. I think it has been alluded too but he may have some daddy issues...

This board has mostly had respectful dialogue over the years we support different clubs and go our hardest to win but on the whole we keep it civil.

Please back 2 back pull you head in. I’m no Labradorsupporter but respect them as an opponent. You should too and really who cares if they played an inexperienced team in a practice match......

Yeah I had to check if I was on the div 3 board for a minute.

I understand this isn't professional footy but how does it work for contracted players if this season doesn't proceed? Does their contract auotmatically roll over for season 2021? Would any club being players on an annual basis instead of weekly match fees?

I understand this isn't professional footy but how does it work for contracted players if this season doesn't proceed? Does their contract auotmatically roll over for season 2021? Would any club being players on an annual basis instead of weekly match fees?

There would be no "automatic" rolling over of player contracts into 2021 if there is no QAFL competition this year - existing contracts would only apply in 2021 if the contract specifically covers both the 2020 and 2021 seasons.

Whilst it's possible, I would find it hard to believe that any QAFL player's remuneration under a contract would not be based on either $x per game or $y per win/$z per loss etc - far too risky for the club otherwise.

There would be no "automatic" rolling over of player contracts into 2021 if there is no QAFL competition this year - existing contracts would only apply in 2021 if the contract specifically covers both the 2020 and 2021 seasons.

Whilst it's possible, I would find it hard to believe that any QAFL player's remuneration under a contract would not be based on either $x per game or $y per win/$z per loss etc - far too risky for the club otherwise.
Thank you for answering that. Some players would be hurting a little with budgeting as footy money whilst not a lot is certainly helpful for a uni students or interstate players living out of home. What is the likelihood of there being a season this year?

Thank you for answering that. Some players would be hurting a little with budgeting as footy money whilst not a lot is certainly helpful for a uni students or interstate players living out of home. What is the likelihood of there being a season this year?

Pretty good albeit a hybrid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Standard contracts generally have the ATO declaration that footy is a hobby and the income is not for living so to avoid income tax.
In regards a season weve been restricted for about 4 weeks (seems much longer) so I'd suggest that can only continue for so long before more and more people get restless in the coming 6-8 weeks (particularly if the infection rates stay low). International and probably interstate travel would remain embargoed and other restrictions. Therefore potentially, I am hoping, should the planets align, a season of say 12 weeks and couldn't reasonably start mid-July at earliest. Finals into Nov. Would need relevant councils to postpone the ground handover for cricket for those that apply.
Apologies to those wanting to write the year off.

Last edited:
Standard contracts generally have the ATO declaration that footy is a hobby and the income is not for living so to avoid income tax.
In regards a season weve been restricted for about 4 weeks (seems much longer) so I'd suggest that can only continue for so long before more and more people get restless in the coming 6-8 weeks (particularly if the infection rates stay low). International and probably interstate travel would remain embargoed and other restrictions. Therefore potentially, I am hoping, should the planets align, a season of say 12 weeks and couldn't reasonably start mid-July at earliest. Finals into Nov. Would need relevant councils to postpone the ground handover for cricket for those that apply.
Plenty of grounds with cricket not involved
I'm sure it could be worked out

you have no
Hope holding cricket up LOL
They will start

Good luck getting cricket clubs to back that - they are also going to be in apposition where money is tight and think they will (rightly) be looking to play as many games as they can.

Good luck getting cricket clubs to back that - they are also going to be in apposition where money is tight and think they will (rightly) be looking to play as many games as they can.
Cricket and footy clubs traditionally don’t get along great so that would be a hurdle.

Cricket clubs don’t draw crowds so they would t make money on game day would they?

Cricket and footy clubs traditionally don’t get along great so that would be a hurdle.

Cricket clubs don’t draw crowds so they would t make money on game day would they?
Cricket probably isn't going to volunteer a late start so perhaps the relevant councils assist sort out a compromise

Fellow posters ,, give your vote in one simple word be it a choice of YES or NO.
The question Im asking is.... Do you think there will be any QAFL footy this season ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back