QAFL 2020

Qld footy fan

Team Captain
Mar 10, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I can confirm that Thommo is all over it as we had a conversation several weeks ago about some O&M players that wanted to come up here and Thommo told me exactly what he stated above.

Funny how these blokes weren’t coming before all the footy got canned in Melbourne. If they were long term prospects I’m sure they would have enquired long before now.

As it sits now most QAFL Clubs have abundance of players and some have heavily committed to NEAFL players and are already losing good club players who see writing on the wall.

I hear Carrara have picked up 10+ Broadbeach players and I’m sure that is pretty common across most competitions.
Well Broadbeach have picked up 15
So most likely fridge reserve players at best
Would be lucky to get a game in the saints
First s

Covertackle

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Dees
No live streams of QAFL matches im told. Pity. Its going to be interesting while it lasts. (short season)

Qld footy fan

Team Captain
Mar 10, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not Maroochydore - 2 of our players from 2019 were listed with Aspley for 2020 have returned, one of our ex juniors has returned from Sandgate but thats it.
You Will go ok anyway you have a great setup and the place is run very well
I think you will rattle a few cages

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So anyone want to try pick a ladder?

very hard to get read but here goes.....

Morningside
Broadbeach
Palmy
Labrador
Surfers
Grange
————
Mt Gravatt
Maggies
Maroochydore

Good on you for having a stab. Id think Mounties might have picked up a few Redland boys but think the top 3 will be correct.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not Maroochydore - 2 of our players from 2019 were listed with Aspley for 2020 have returned, one of our ex juniors has returned from Sandgate but thats it.

Yep - very young side with one (U18) boy who has played NEAFL with the Lions in 2019 but thats all. TBH there isnt any blokes who have played QAFL footy previous either except young jai larkins at Sandgate. It will be a challenge but well coached and realistic expectations.

Last edited:

Miller1971

Club Legend
Jun 15, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
some young looking teams named today, heaps of 18-20 year olds playing QAFL footy and the Colts competition is going to be high class stuff too. Great to see young Fidler back having a kick in 2020 at Grange, got plenty of talent that kid.

Over the last few years Colts had really dropped away and was well behind reserves level footy, not this year!

Though havng said that, the Palmy 2's are a scary looking unit!

Brad Scheer, Liam O'Brien, Riley Engels - wowsers!

Last edited:

Covertackle

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Dees
some young looking teams named today, heaps of 18-20 year olds playing QAFL footy and the Colts competition is going to be high class stuff too. Great to see young Fidler back having a kick in 2020 at Grange, got plenty of talent that kid.

Over the last few years Colts had really dropped away and was well behind reserves level footy, not this year!

I have long suspected that the big noise in SEQLD surrounding the inception of the Suns back in 2009-11 was going to begin to bare fruit 8-12 years later. I suspect there was a big rise in junior player numbers starting back at that time? Now is the time those kids are starting to come through.

billybunter

Team Captain
Mar 12, 2012
Caboolture
AFL Club
Fremantle
Proactive. Thats how you grow success.

So Based on your comments and others Doggy, will your players be playing in masks this year - that policy of signing the best players running around is showing me you have no faith in your (what I thought was a very successful) Junior policy at your club. So called Good footballers don't make good club people, be careful what you don't sow as you may be very disappointed when you harvest!!!!

Miller1971

Club Legend
Jun 15, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Broady
Palmy
Siders
Sherwood
Labrador
Surfers

Mt Gravatt
Daylight
Grange
3 trips around the moon
Maroochydoore

Covertackle

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Dees
*1 So Based on your comments and others Doggy,
*2 will your players be playing in masks this year -
*3 that policy of signing the best players running around is showing me you have no faith in your (what I thought was a very successful) Junior policy at your club.
*4 So called Good footballers don't make good club people,
*5 be careful what you don't sow as you may be very disappointed when you harvest!!!!

1. Doggy?
2. Duh...
3. 3 juniors, potential draftees in top side..
4. Phill Carse..?
5. An oxymoron. Suits you..

Covertackle

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Dees
No live scoreS WTF

Morningside colts beat Labrador.. by 10 points. was 45-55 or something. Labrador had 10 u16s in their side. Panthers had none. We were going but we had a Coorparoo trip last night and Viccy point tomorrow. Didnt feel like the drive to Morningside today.. as much as id like to have watched the games.

Good to get some updates though?

Qld footy fan

Team Captain
Mar 10, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Morningside colts beat Labrador.. by 10 points. was 45-55 or something. Labrador had 10 u16s in their side. Panthers had none. We were going but we had a Coorparoo trip last night and Viccy point tomorrow. Didnt feel like the drive to Morningside today.. as much as id like to have watched the games.

Good to get some updates though?
Thanks for that
Can't read the scoreboard because of the sun
Who was the dumb arse that put it there
But I would say palmy up by about 5 Goals
Good game though

Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Top 4 will be Morningside, Labrador, Palmy & Broadbeach the last 2 spots in the 6 will just be making up the numbers. Surfers looked terrible yesterday. They don’t have many Neafl players which is going to hurt them and that was evident yesterday.

Back