QAFL 2021

Miller1971

Club Legend
Jun 15, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
It’s the other Bris clubs that in my view have reason to be a little peeved. They have been sending their best and brightest over to Redland for years now only to have them playing against. And graded as if they were always Redland players.

Says more about the players than it does either Redland or their home club if they decide to forget where they came from. However structurally AFLQ shouldn't make it easy for that to happen like they seem to have done.

They've got about 6-10 gun kids 18-21 who have all come to them via academy and QAFL clubs, and not one of them would be more than 3 points which is a travesty.

Grange for 6th (year in a row in the bottom 2)

fixed for you

Appreciate only half a season in 2020 which was an advantage to a club like Maroochydore who did not have alot of depth bc it meant there wasnt a great necessity to dig into players 30-40. (Mind you they had their fair share of injuries). Noosa wont be any different. But I think its easy to forget that Maroochydore were more than competitive in year 1 vs teams who filled their boots with NEAFL players. Lost to the premiers by a kick after leading all day. The difference between Div 1 and QAFL is not astronomical or else Maroochy would never have been competitive let alone win a game. Noosa will slip in okay and have a handful of blokes who have already played at or above the level. Meredith hasnt had a real crack at footy for a number of years now. He rolled thru in NQ as well. If he gets legit then he will be very good but the real players in Noosa's side (taking out 2021 recruits as unknown quantities) will be Fitzpatrick, Buntain, O'Dwyer, Pettigrove, McDonald, Langan, Laskey, Stack. All easily good enough to play QAFL footy imo. Bova does a great job and yeh, they would want to be lucky with injuries (what side isn't) but I'm sure the home ground advantage is stronger than any club in the comp. Mind you its a significantly easier drive than 10 years ago to go from GC to SC as long as you pick your time... :)

I would expect Noosa to be as competitive or even more competitive than Marcoohydoore. though I do agree the full length season will hurt both clubs more than the short 2020 stint

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
Says more about the players than it does either Redland or their home club if they decide to forget where they came from. However structurally AFLQ shouldn't make it easy for that to happen like they seem to have done.

They've got about 6-10 gun kids 18-21 who have all come to them via academy and QAFL clubs, and not one of them would be more than 3 points which is a travesty.

fixed for you

I would expect Noosa to be as competitive or even more competitive than Marcoohydoore. though I do agree the full length season will hurt both clubs more than the short 2020 stint

So explain how Noosa will be more competitive than Maroochydore this season considering Noosa couldn’t beat Maroochydore , the two seasons prior to last season, when it counted in Div1 and Maroochydore played finals last season in the QAFL?

noosaboy

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2011
Noosa
AFL Club
Collingwood
So explain how Noosa will be more competitive than Maroochydore this season considering Noosa couldn’t beat Maroochydore , the two seasons prior to last season, when it counted in Div1 and Maroochydore played finals last season in the QAFL?
Sorry Ablett but Noosa pumped maroochy by 10 goals when it counted in 2019 in div 1 however I do agree that there is no evidence to suggest that Noosa will be more competitive in the qafl than maroochy.All I can guarantee is that when they play each other the games will be red hot and the crowds bursting which we all missed last year!

Dusty Pup

Senior List
Sep 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Back on your meds champ

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sorry Ablett but Noosa pumped maroochy by 10 goals when it counted in 2019 in div 1 however I do agree that there is no evidence to suggest that Noosa will be more competitive in the qafl than maroochy.All I can guarantee is that when they play each other the games will be red hot and the crowds bursting which we all missed last year!
Both clubs have had some very good "ins".

Noosa with Langdan, Meredith for a start.

On paper, and I k now footy isnt played on paper, I reckon Noosa might have the edge. First time they play will be massive.

Both teams won’t make the finals but if Noosa can finish higher than 9th then they’ve had a good first season stepping up

Pugs

Senior List
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Both teams won’t make the finals but if Noosa can finish higher than 9th then they’ve had a good first season stepping up

Both will finish higher than Grange which should "warning signs" to the Gorillas faithful.

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
Both will finish higher than Grange which should "warning signs" to the Gorillas faithful.

Can’t argue with that, Grange need to swallow their pride and drop back to Div1 where the will save a lot of money and should play finals.
For years they’ve paid overs for posties.............don’t deliver on Saturdays.

Dusty Pup

Senior List
Sep 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Can’t argue with that, Grange need to swallow their pride and drop back to Div1 where the will save a lot of money and should play finals.
For years they’ve paid overs for posties.............don’t deliver on Saturdays.
Sorry for swearing but you’re a ******* loser Ablett.

you have no idea about the club and what it does.

Beama and hierarchy do a great job. He’s better then any coach in the QAFL and his program is hands down better then anyone. They’re a volunteer club that survive off players wanting to come to the club.

without the NEAFL folding they’d be too 5 hands down. What they do behind the scenes is better then your opinion.

you think it’s got a s**t culture over the names you run off but you have no idea what those players have done for the club. Shut your mouth or say your name because I’d love to know who you are.

You’re a piece of s**t.

Go the gorillas.

switchingplay

Team Captain
Jan 1, 2011
Sunny Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
If Noosa are able to produce a similar side to last year, imo they will play finals. Not sure if you have been to many games at Noosa ablett, but very hostile environment for opposition. And before you tell me its a much bigger step up, it might be for most of the div1 clubs but not for the likes of Noosa and Maroochydore who are both well run and resourced clubs with genuine footy people well aware of their clubs capabilities in charge, not to mention the idyllic location of both clubs to recruit good players chasing lifestyle. I guess for a few years there's been the argument of how well top Div 1 clubs would go in qafl, Maroochydore, albeit in a shortened season justified their inclusion as im sure Noosa will, time will tell I guess.

Dezario

All Australian
Dec 14, 2011
QLD
AFL Club
Geelong

Beama and hierarchy do a great job. He’s better then any coach in the QAFL and his program is hands down better then anyone. They’re a volunteer club that survive off players wanting to come to the club.

without the NEAFL folding they’d be too 5 hands down. What they do behind the scenes is better then your opinion.

you think it’s got a sh*t culture over the names you run off but you have no idea what those players have done for the club. Shut your mouth or say your name because I’d love to know who you are.

You’re a piece of sh*t.

Go the gorillas.

Good call. Agree with you here. I would like to see them do well

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle

you think it’s got a sh*t culture over the names you run off but you have no idea what those players have done for the club. Shut your mouth or say your name because I’d love to know who you are.

You’re a piece of sh*t.

Go the gorillas.
[/QU
so your saying Baxter and Boston played for free last season?
When have I ever questioned their culture?
The best coach wins the premiership not the wooden spoon.
Every club in the Comp is a voluntary club.
I think your passion is clouding your better judgement , Grange will do well not to finish last this season and I bet not too many will argue that.........bar your demented self

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
If Noosa are able to produce a similar side to last year, imo they will play finals. Not sure if you have been to many games at Noosa ablett, but very hostile environment for opposition. And before you tell me its a much bigger step up, it might be for most of the div1 clubs but not for the likes of Noosa and Maroochydore who are both well run and resourced clubs with genuine footy people well aware of their clubs capabilities in charge, not to mention the idyllic location of both clubs to recruit good players chasing lifestyle. I guess for a few years there's been the argument of how well top Div 1 clubs would go in qafl, Maroochydore, albeit in a shortened season justified their inclusion as im sure Noosa will, time will tell I guess.
So who do they push out out of last years top 5 to make it?
Redlands will make the 5 and push a team out so who also makes room for Noosa?

Jun 2, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood

Haven't Noosa won the last 2 Div 1 flags, including 2019 when the Roos were still in the comp?

You’re a piece of sh*t.

Go the gorillas.

wow.

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Noosaboy,
give me a idea of crowd size at games like this..

noosaboy

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2011
Noosa
AFL Club
Collingwood
Noosaboy,
give me a idea of crowd size at games like this..
Seriously stuyd we have never measured it but not a car spot available around ground and clubhouse packed at Noosa.I would say around 1500 and I know we can take as much as 13k over the bar which is pretty big for a country footy club!

Miller1971

Club Legend
Jun 15, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda

You’re a piece of sh*t.

Go the gorillas.

haha, massive calls there.

Brad Moore is a pretty good coach, a QAFL Premiership Coach. Beama has one year and one spoon on the CV so far.

I reckon Doggy Watts is probably an ok coach too, more proven and experienced than Beama. Then you have Nick Malceski, well he is unproven as a coach but has a better footy CV than Beama, and no spoons. Both Sunny Coast blokes are experienced and proven coaches, and then of course there is Adrian Fletcher - not sure there are many better coaching CV's than his at this level of footy!

Every club survives on volunteers. Without NEAFL folding, Grange would have been spooners by a bigger margin.

Time to retire

Debutant
Mar 11, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond

Brad Moore is a pretty good coach, a QAFL Premiership Coach. Beama has one year and one spoon on the CV so far.

I reckon Doggy Watts is probably an ok coach too, more proven and experienced than Beama. Then you have Nick Malceski, well he is unproven as a coach but has a better footy CV than Beama, and no spoons. Both Sunny Coast blokes are experienced and proven coaches, and then of course there is Adrian Fletcher - not sure there are many better coaching CV's than his at this level of footy!

Every club survives on volunteers. Without NEAFL folding, Grange would have been spooners by a bigger margin.
I don't think Dusty Pup is doing himself or the Gorillas any favours. However, I would be interested to know if there is any basis for his enthusiasm for 2021 ie. player signings. Lots of posts suggesting player losses thus far.....Ultimately the quality on the field makes or breaks a coach.

Last edited:

howard77

Debutant
May 3, 2007
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Enjoying the spirited debate all! I don’t see how Grange are a top 5 team or would have been last year if the NEAFL ran.

a fair way off the pace imo and my tip for the spoon. But I’ll be the first to admit I was wrong if they turn it around this year.

as for the SC teams Maroochydore were a credit to themselves last year, but as others have said a longer season and Noosa coming in will make it harder for them. I expect both SC teams to be plenty competitive and both finish mid table.

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sherwood, Mt Gravatt.

Both Noosa and Maroochydore will be hard to beat at home.

Isn’t every team?

Melcheski Coached Suns NEAFL team 2018 and 2019

Back