QAFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Broadbeach
Labrador
Redland
Sherwood (maybe the other certainty)

A "certainty" = 100%, so I wouldn't go quite that far.....

Happy for Sherwood to take that attitude, but with Fletcher coaching I'm sure they will come out firing.

Grange has had a horror year with injuries, particularly for blokes over the age of 20, but hopefully we can at least be competitive tomorrow.

A horror run with injuries seem to be an on-going problem at Grange. Worse than other clubs or is it a depth thing aswell?

I'll stick with certainty.

personally think it should be a case of 1 in all in. If all clubs can't charge then no one does. Silly to compare with Victoria and esp country Vic. Different landscapes.

Probably disagree SMY. I think if a club gets off their behind and firstly finds a volunteer of even makes it viable to pay someone to make a few $$ then kudos to them.

No different to someone attracting a better sponsor than another club. Everyone knows how hard it is to make money at club land these days. So I don’t knock anyone that drains everything out that they can.

A horror run with injuries seem to be an on-going problem at Grange. Worse than other clubs or is it a depth thing as well?

No sure how our injuries compare with other sides, but most of ours this year involving more senior players have been fractures or other injuries requiring surgery, not just soft tissue stuff.

For example, a very nasty skull fracture and a badly broken jaw over the past few weeks, so can't blame S & C for things like that.

Depth is definitely an issue, what started out as a young and pretty inexperienced list has been progressively reduced by injuries to the point that v Noosa last week we played 7 boys turning 17 or 18 this year, plus 4 turning 19. That's not sustainable and the opposite of our desired age demographic.

Last edited:
A horror run with injuries seem to be an on-going problem at Grange. Worse than other clubs or is it a depth thing aswell?

Magpies seem to have a habit of losing to those outside the finals race and beating the top 6, so definintely not a certainty.

2 youngest teams going head to head for sure.

No sure how our injuries compare with other sides, but most of ours this year involving more senior players have been fractures or other injuries requiring surgery, not just soft tissue stuff.

For example, a very nasty skull fracture and a badly broken jaw over the past few weeks, so can't blame S & C for things like that.

Depth is definitely an issue, what started out as a young and pretty inexperienced list has been progressively reduced by injuries to the point that v Noosa last week we played 7 boys turning 17 or 18 this year, plus 4 turning 19. That's not sustainable and the opposite of our desired age demographic.

Is often the consequence of trying to play a group that is really young. Its not necessarily a great thing to be able to say "we have the youngest list" because it often means the physical load will fall on too few and/or the young fellas get beaten up each week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is often the consequence of trying to play a group that is really young. Its not necessarily a great thing to be able to say "we have the youngest list" because it often means the physical load will fall on too few and/or the young fellas get beaten up each week

I agree that it’s definitely not a good thing to have the youngest list - that’s my point.

It’d be nice to play by the rules and not swing your arm into the opposition’s jaw though. I hope Buntain got weeks for that cause it was weak as piss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back