QAFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Maroochydore magnificent today against odds imo. Hadn’t beaten Panthers this year, a final on home deck. Their pressure on the ball player was fantastic and a few of the younger kids really stood up which they had to.
Scholard was well held but scrambled a few goals. Simpson was a warrior. Rucked unchanged in the 2nd half. Just a really strong fighting effort vs reigning premiers.

Agree SMY Maroochydore were fantastic yesterday and just to aggressive all over the ground for Morningside.

Deserving winners but reckon there will be some carnage for them to front up this weekend against Labrador as both sides were banged up.

Apparently the umpiring was ordinary at Labrador game and at Roos/Panthers game is was well below finals standards. Not sure if this panel are our best 6 umpires as I’m sure we have had better during the year. Not sure I have seen the umpires we had yesterday all year? Is there VFL Umpires dropping back?

Didn’t protect ball player all day and as an observer had no idea of any type of Decision making for game to flow.

Hope there is dramatic improvement over next few weeks. Would hate to see GF be over umpired or poor decision making wreck what has already been a frustrating year.

The Broady selection panel for the Grand final side in 2 weeks will have sometoufh desisions to make. One would expect 2 players to come in be it vice captain in Nelsen and gun recruit Gledhill ,,,,but whom gets dropped,,, ??? and with Nelsen being a smaller on ball type player and Gledhill a tall gun full back the challenge is the balance hey ,,

Who wins this week? Lab favourite but no doubt Maroochydore have a decent chance

Must say again,, what a great result for the club as a whole with all sides making the finals in only their 2nd year in the comp.
I thought they were a good chance to beat the Panthers on Saturday , which they did . But up against Labrador this weekend will be a tough challenge

The Broady selection panel for the Grand final side in 2 weeks will have sometoufh desisions to make. One would expect 2 players to come in be it vice captain in Nelsen and gun recruit Gledhill ,,,,but whom gets dropped,,, ??? and with Nelsen being a smaller on ball type player and Gledhill a tall gun full back the challenge is the balance hey ,,

Also , dont forget a fit Nathan Ablett may well be in the side ,,,!!!!!

Wouldn’t like to be the guy getting dropped if Ablett plays. What a joke.
Surely not! That would be a ludicrous decision.Just an awesome effort by Roos to make a prelim in their second year and whilst we are arch rivals,I’m wearing the Sunny coast hat and hope they go all the way.Hearing they are a bit wounded but have sound depth and their character is proven.Was told by an aflq staffer t at junior grand finals on Sunday that Pearce Hanley got reported and it didn’t look great!

Stuy is being sarcastic of course and doesn't believe he will step foot on the ground - he's just stirring the pot... ;) which is fine. All good fun. But why qualify him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely not! That would be a ludicrous decision.Just an awesome effort by Roos to make a prelim in their second year and whilst we are arch rivals,I’m wearing the Sunny coast hat and hope they go all the way.Hearing they are a bit wounded but have sound depth and their character is proven.Was told by an aflq staffer t at junior grand finals on Sunday that Pearce Hanley got reported and it didn’t look great!

Good on you mate - yeah the blokes have been magnificent but a bit banged up. Cadz has galvanised a really good bunch of blokes playing for each other. A pretty good indicator is often how many 2's blokes are just stoked for the A grade rather than wallowing in own misery about not getting a game. As the old saying goes, "be ready to play when its your turn". Is a really good squad mentality and all power the people that have surrounded these guys in the coaching group. Really really good people. Its not rocket science imo. It gets the best out of people.

Well it might be a few blokes turn this week and I'm sure they will have a crack. Labrador bloody good side with or without Hanley (when does that get decided?) so will be tough road trip again but its the best footy I've seen a Maroochy side play for a long long time. Their pressure on the ball player was immense on the weekend - Panthers tend to possess the footy with short kicks - just didn't happen at all.

Sounds like a couple of decent "come home" blokes being recruited for your lads too which is a great way to start the preseason.

Good on you mate - yeah the blokes have been magnificent but a bit banged up. Cadz has galvanised a really good bunch of blokes playing for each other. A pretty good indicator is often how many 2's blokes are just stoked for the A grade rather than wallowing in own misery about not getting a game. As the old saying goes, "be ready to play when its your turn". Is a really good squad mentality and all power the people that have surrounded these guys in the coaching group. Really really good people. Its not rocket science imo. It gets the best out of people.

Well it might be a few blokes turn this week and I'm sure they will have a crack. Labrador bloody good side with or without Hanley (when does that get decided?) so will be tough road trip again but its the best footy I've seen a Maroochy side play for a long long time. Their pressure on the ball player was immense on the weekend - Panthers tend to possess the footy with short kicks - just didn't happen at all.

Sounds like a couple of decent "come home" blokes being recruited for your lads too which is a great way to start the preseason.
Gee all buddy buddy when its not the local derby!!

He’s given you incorrect info there.
Pearce didn’t get reported.

Gee all buddy buddy when its not the local derby!!
LOL - don't worry Lagging there are a few supporters who are a bit rabid about the rivalry but tbh many of the people associated with both clubs are on good terms and respect each others clubs. Like Doc said its a pretty tight knot community and in the main most people like to see SC clubs go well, not necessarily at the expense of their own, but there is certainly a mindset of what is good for SC players vs our club wholey and soley. Plus NB is a mate of mine... :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back