QAFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

sharks are spending 5/600 k getting their playing surface to VFL standard and have extended SJ so that shows their intentions for the next few years.

After that who knows
Really? After seeing it on GF day and walking the surface pretty sure it holds up ok. Gee we get precious these days with football grounds.

Yes Croad is a gun.Is best mates with Tom Lynch and moved up here with him when he got drafted.Both greatly respected names at Sorrento.Like Simpson at Maroochy,those types of ruckman so hard to find.
And smy pretty sure Jono Freeman played 40 junior games!Will certainly be looking into it!

Wasn't Croad dating the PBC PResidents dughter?

bit of scuttlebut that PBC in significant financial trouble, not like they are going bust or anything, but won't be the financial powerhouse they have been in the last decade.

will be ahrd to recruit/retain like they did previously if thats the case

Really? After seeing it on GF day and walking the surface pretty sure it holds up ok. Gee we get precious these days with football grounds.

Smy ,, spot on ,, for such a wealthy club its some of its facilities are very very poor, for example how about spending some serious coin on new/renovated change rooms for starters. The canteen facility is very poor ,ands its 2021 isnt it ,,, so how about a quality quality electronic scoreboard ,,!!!!

If you read the Sorrento Facebook page it reads as he might be a fly in player for them and still living on the coast
apparently so ... hes a 3 time Premiership player for Sorrento so obviously a huge welcome back . Fly in fly out ,, ummh a tough ask and is season 2022 down in victoria going to run its full season in the hundreds of comps . I certainly hope so but 2021 was all the go because we would be over this covid thing ,, wow , that was a misjudgement of the highest order. So whats to say 2022 will be covid free , I dont think so . For me if one loves his footy your a better chance of playing a completed season up here ,

apparently so ... hes a 3 time Premiership player for Sorrento so obviously a huge welcome back . Fly in fly out ,, ummh a tough ask and is season 2022 down in victoria going to run its full season in the hundreds of comps . I certainly hope so but 2021 was all the go because we would be over this covid thing ,, wow , that was a misjudgement of the highest order. So whats to say 2022 will be covid free , I dont think so . For me if one loves his footy your a better chance of playing a completed season up here ,
Croad is the best ruckman in the comp . Everytime Ive seen him play he has been so influential,
Croady ,, we at Broady are desperate for a big man like you , so come and play for us please ...lol

bit of scuttlebut that PBC in significant financial trouble, not like they are going bust or anything, but won't be the financial powerhouse they have been in the last decade.

will be ahrd to recruit/retain like they did previously if thats the case

Thats a comment that really can be said but without any knowledge of a clubs financial situation ... for me Palmy went thru a golden era of a incredible list with great experience and over the past 2 seasons so many of there guns have retired like Emblem, Derrick ,Anthony , Thynee and Cornish to Wang Rovers just to mention a few off the cuff. They are in a rebuild phrase and with their connection to a strong juniors program Im sure they will be right up there shortly ..must say, they were not to far off the pace this season

Matt Payne with the grandfather offer off to Grange, heavily into Aston and a few others as well. Check book open!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luckily for Grange, Payne doesn't have to drive past Yatala Pies to get up and down the M1 each week - think he will be much better value than Bosto was.

Elite player, though did openly state his massive distase for the Gorillas last year when opting to play at the Panthers, so it must be a big number!

No question about his credentials. A massive get for Grange if true, but seemingly going away from their youth policy. Can't help but thinking that those aging legs have to start getting weary at some point. Maybe an AFLW game or two gate takings had to be thrown into the deal aswell.

Smy ,, spot on ,, for such a wealthy club its some of its facilities are very very poor, for example how about spending some serious coin on new/renovated change rooms for starters. The canteen facility is very poor ,ands its 2021 isnt it ,,, so how about a quality quality electronic scoreboard ,,!!!!

Not sure Southport really care what people think about them or their club.

They really do nothing for development of game or kids in QLD Footy. They can’t even scrape a Colts Team together because of their attitude to even their own juniors.

They just open up cheque book and recruit from interstate and poach any decent QAFL recruits from local clubs.

I think AFLQ should look at rewarding at least local clubs with GF’s or play them at Metricon or Gabba.

Not sure Southport really care what people think about them or their club.

They really do nothing for development of game or kids in QLD Footy. They can’t even scrape a Colts Team together because of their attitude to even their own juniors.

They just open up cheque book and recruit from interstate and poach any decent QAFL recruits from local clubs.

I think AFLQ should look at rewarding at least local clubs with GF’s or play them at Metricon or Gabba.

Weren't a big fan of the place this year SM?

Weren't a big fan of the place this year SM?

of cause ,, Southport Sharks club enjoy many economic and tax benefits for having a football club as part of the business structure ,,,that part of the business is senior level stuff hencve the no need for junior development ..

southport footy club ,,, its very understanding that the footy club wish to play in a comp at the highest level possible ,, and one must say that their results in the AF LReserves comp this season being 2nd on the ladder before covid stopped the comp is very commendable

of cause ,, Southport Sharks club enjoy many economic and tax benefits for having a football club as part of the business structure ,,,that part of the business is senior level stuff hencve the no need for junior development ..

Sort of defeats the purpose of existing as a community football club then Stuyd you would think - except of course if you believe that you are not a community football club...

southport footy club ,,, its very understanding that the footy club wish to play in a comp at the highest level possible ,, and one must say that their results in the AF LReserves comp this season being 2nd on the ladder before covid stopped the comp is very commendable
That's assuming you believe that the VFL clubs give a toss about results - which I don't think they do so really they performed in a "comp" where no one is really trying to win but do so if the cards fall that way on a Saturday - its not the end objective though. Its a group of clubs thrown together to create a league that allows for guys hoping to play at the AFL level to show case their abilities. The end results are irrelevant. There are some clubs that are standalone though that throw everything bar the kitchen sink at trying to win. It is obvious in their recruiting this occurs. How many guys from Southport have been drafted in recent years? If you aren't getting blokes drafted or playing AFL footy then you aren't succeeding imo at VFL level. Agree with SM - for all that the Sharks could do for Qld footy they don't seem to do a lot. Maybe they see themselves as a finishing school and don't want to "play" in the juniors or Colts space? Not sure why that would be but so be it.

Southport ; wanting to participate in the top level available ,, I respect that , but with no NEAFL anymore , and a so called AFL reserves comp that is honestly a non event due to covid ,, I ask where is the future for the Sharks,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back