QAFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Go have a look at the Redland bay facebook site....geez have they got some good players on board ( heaps of NEAFL experience )
How does that work with points? Won't those players be 5 points if they're playing QAFL?

Dare say if their club has dropped back they won’t be treated that way
So just to check. The Noosa players coming up from QFA will get the exact same points treatment as Redlands players from NEAFL in regards years of service at their club?
If so I'm on the Redlands are favourite bandwagon

So just to check. The Noosa players coming up from QFA will get the exact same points treatment as Redlands players from NEAFL in regards years of service at their club?

yes, but different treatment for Aspley players going from Aspley to Aspley to play QFA, and the same treatment as Noosa players going from Noosa to Noosa to play QAFL :D

I'm sure there is a loophole in there somewhere about NEAFL top-up games too, as they seem to have signed heaps of Lions NEAFL players who would have played NEAFL via academy, so miraculously not considered a 5 pointer despite the circumstances :think:

yes, but different treatment for Aspley players going from Aspley to Aspley to play QFA, and the same treatment as Noosa players going from Noosa to Noosa to play QAFL :D

I'm sure there is a loophole in there somewhere about NEAFL top-up games too, as they seem to have signed heaps of Lions NEAFL players who would have played NEAFL via academy, so miraculously not considered a 5 pointer despite the circumstances :think:
I actually reckon it’s ok and I’m noosas Vice President .If they were playing at Redlands and that’s their club you can’t just crucify an entire list because they have had to drop a Comp.And forget the COVID year all up just an 8 or 10 round Comp.Let’s just have a crack and see how we go!

I actually reckon it’s ok and I’m noosas Vice President .If they were playing at Redlands and that’s their club you can’t just crucify an entire list because they have had to drop a Comp.And forget the COVID year all up just an 8 or 10 round Comp.Let’s just have a crack and see how we go!

It’s the other Bris clubs that in my view have reason to be a little peeved. They have been sending their best and brightest over to Redland for years now only to have them playing against. And graded as if they were always Redland players.

I think Redlands top 12 is clearly the best in the comp but I suspect the likes of morningside PBC and Broady will bat a little deeper players 20-30 where Redland will I think rely a lot on Viccy point boys. Pretty big drop off in standard imo. If Redland have a great run with injury I reckon they’ll be hard to beat, if they lose a few not sure they can cover as well as some other teams.

but as noosaboy says let’s have a crack and no doubt new teams bring interest to the comp.

Have to agree there Ablett with Labrador and not just what they post on Facebook but they were pretty keen on a above 100 k salary cap and malchesk,kolajashi and Daniels from Southport will all be helping each other which is fine.

No disrespect to your Club intended but I reckon around 8 th would be a good achievement in your 1st season.
You may beat some top sides at home in the second half of the season once your more accustomed to the rise in standard and intensity etc..
The big test won’t be how you go playing a full strength GC top side on the GC, it will be how you go the following game after being beaten significantly.
I doubt Noosa has had two big losses in a row too often in the past few seasons?

The travelling factor will have an effect but lesson in the seasons to come

why do you think the cats will be the big slider?
Big May have been an over statement but they definitely won’t go thru the season undefeated and I’d be surprised if they finish Top 3 , anything below that is below par, wouldn’t you agree?
You can win they Flag from 5th if ya hit ya straps at the right time but there just seems to be something missing at Broadbeach that is preventing them from being a powerhouse .

No disrespect to your Club intended but I reckon around 8 th would be a good achievement in your 1st season.
You may beat some top sides at home in the second half of the season once your more accustomed to the rise in standard and intensity etc..
The big test won’t be how you go playing a full strength GC top side on the GC, it will be how you go the following game after being beaten significantly.
I doubt Noosa has had two big losses in a row too often in the past few seasons?

Have you watched them play in the last few years?
Brett Meredith will be in the top 5 players in the comp and when he gets out of second gear he will be a big part in them playing finals.he took the piss last year.
Noosa is a well run footy club and coached very well, round 1 they will have massive crowd.

Yes you are probably on the money there and the travelling has always had an effect.In the Pineapple hotel cup days we rarely won on the Gold Coast until we started staying down the night before.That will certainly be an option!

Brett Meredith will be in the top 5 players in the comp and when he gets out of second gear he will be a big part in them playing finals.he took the piss last year.
Noosa is a well run footy club and coached very well, round 1 they will have massive crowd.
Have to agree there goal kicker just oozes class and rarely got out of second gear.Bova and the senior group are pretty confident of being able to contend and yes our round one crowd on Easter Saturday vs grange will be a beauty!

Meredith will be a ripper no doubt. I look forward to watching him. However I'd be careful judging Noosa on him alone or even how they played in a comp without Maroochydore in it. Last year Grange had Boston and that didn't seem to make significant difference to win/loss ratio.
I agree Noosa is a well run club, you only have to look at their results in past 5 years and the fact that they took their time to get their ducks in a row before they took the step up. They realised Colts had to be a part of it and they seem to have sorted that.
Maroochydore found it difficult to be competitive during 2020 in the ressies. Depth will play a massive part for Noosa, and right across the QAFL.
It won't be easy but no doubt Noosa will rise to the challenge and be very, very competitive in every game and will win their share.
I also acknowledge that Noosaboy or their club supporters haven't been on here making big statements. They just seem keen to get amongst it. Great addition to the comp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes watched their last 2 Granny’s.
Their top 6 maybe as good QAFL top teams best 7-12th player but not their top 6 and QAFL teams 12th to 22nd player is twice as good as Noosa’s bottom 10 players which is what will hurt them until they get more depth in the next few seasons.

Have to agree there goal kicker just oozes class and rarely got out of second gear.Bova and the senior group are pretty confident of being able to contend and yes our round one crowd on Easter Saturday vs grange will be a beauty!

Yes but don’t forget he will be playing on allot better defenders now

Broadbeach
Labrador
Morningside
Redlands
Noosa
PBC

wooden spoon: Grange

big improver: Labrador

sliders: PBC

premiership favourites: Broadbeach
Broadbeach
Maroochydore
Redlands
PBC
Labrador

sliders - Morningside (big difference without all the Redlands NEAFL players

spoon - Sherwood/Mt gravatt

premiership - Maroochydore (Broadbeach don’t know how to win big games)

Broadbeach
Maroochydore
Redlands
PBC
Labrador

I think you'll find that it's a top 6 in 2021

Broadbeach
Maroochydore
Redlands
PBC
Labrador

Biggest holes to fill are M Payne and B Coleman, but Morningside are always around the mark, and I expect them to be there come finals time.

Broadbeach
Maroochydore
Redlands
PBC
Labrador

According to your last statement you either have no idea or forgot to your medication today

Appreciate only half a season in 2020 which was an advantage to a club like Maroochydore who did not have alot of depth bc it meant there wasnt a great necessity to dig into players 30-40. (Mind you they had their fair share of injuries). Noosa wont be any different. But I think its easy to forget that Maroochydore were more than competitive in year 1 vs teams who filled their boots with NEAFL players. Lost to the premiers by a kick after leading all day. The difference between Div 1 and QAFL is not astronomical or else Maroochy would never have been competitive let alone win a game. Noosa will slip in okay and have a handful of blokes who have already played at or above the level. Meredith hasnt had a real crack at footy for a number of years now. He rolled thru in NQ as well. If he gets legit then he will be very good but the real players in Noosa's side (taking out 2021 recruits as unknown quantities) will be Fitzpatrick, Buntain, O'Dwyer, Pettigrove, McDonald, Langan, Laskey, Stack. All easily good enough to play QAFL footy imo. Bova does a great job and yeh, they would want to be lucky with injuries (what side isn't) but I'm sure the home ground advantage is stronger than any club in the comp. Mind you its a significantly easier drive than 10 years ago to go from GC to SC as long as you pick your time... :)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back