QAFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Siders vs Grange

Hard to gauge the form of Grange after their hard fought win @ Noosa in R1, then a (major) hiccup the following week vs Maroochydore in R2. A bye the week later (R3) to lick their wounds and re compose themselves. Grange play Siders this week, coming off a good win in their 1st game (R2), and a loss in R3 that looked worse on the scoreboard than it actually was. Will get a good idea where both sides are at this week.

Grange have a lot of young talented flair in their group, while panthers are more of a solid group of no nonsense workers. Almost a boxer vs slugger contest. Morningside will grind Grange down if the Gorillas get pulled into that sort of game. They probably need to be more expansive, run and gun, open their opposition up, move them round, create more space. (use the bloody fat side!) They wont out grind Morningside.

A real game of youth vs experience. Should be interesting.

Siders vs Grange

Hard to gauge the form of Grange after their hard fought win @ Noosa in R1, then a (major) hiccup the following week vs Maroochydore in R2. A bye the week later (R3) to lick their wounds and re compose themselves. Grange play Siders this week, coming off a good win in their 1st game (R2), and a loss in R3 that looked worse on the scoreboard than it actually was. Will get a good idea where both sides are at this week.

Grange have a lot of young talented flair in their group, while panthers are more of a solid group of no nonsense workers. Almost a boxer vs slugger contest. Morningside will grind Grange down if the Gorillas get pulled into that sort of game. They probably need to be more expansive, run and gun, open their opposition up, move them round, create more space. (use the bloody fat side!) They wont out grind Morningside.

I’m not sure Morningside has that much experience. They are pretty young given the loss of players to the VFL comp.

Would be interesting to see average age across all the teams in the comp.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m not sure Morningside has that much experience. They are pretty young given the loss of players to the VFL comp.

Would be interesting to see average age across all the teams in the comp.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

think Grange, Siders and Sherwood pretty young - Grange extremely young

Looking at our side this week.

18,22,18,28,20,19,19,19,24,21,21,24,16,20,18,22,19,33,21,24,19,24 - avg 21

Siders vs Grange

I think you will find both sides have similar average age going round so more youth vs youth I think Billy?

I think you will find both sides have similar average age going round so more youth vs youth I think Billy?
April 3rd 'Judge' said this;
"Of the Grange starting 22 today
12 were aged 16-19, with 3 of the 19 yo’s turning 20 this year".

Siders dont compare with Granges youth policy, and they arent going to. Panthers have something like 75 kids in each age group. You will either promote them, as the academy ones will all have ambitions, or you stick to the status quo and will hemorrhage them each year. Matters not to me.

Personally, (if it was up to me) in that situation, i would leave for opportunity, (as Tasker did) not leave it in someone elses hands.

RED
BB
LAB
MOR
MAR

Last edited:
think Grange, Siders and Sherwood pretty young - Grange extremely young

Looking at our side this week.

18,22,18,28,20,19,19,19,24,21,21,24,16,20,18,22,19,33,21,24,19,24 - avg 21

Wow!

(the '16yo' turned 17 on the 24th feb )

Last edited:

Siders dont compare with Granges youth policy, and they arent going to. Panthers have something like 75 kids in each age group. You will either promote them, as the academy ones will all have ambitions, or you stick to the status quo and will hemorrhage them each year. Matters not to me.

Personally, (if it was up to me) in that situation, i would leave for opportunity, (as Tasker did) not leave it in someone elses hands.

RED
BB
LAB
MOR
MAR

My understanding is every club will only be allowed 2 sides per age group going forward in juniors? Have others been told this?

My understanding is every club will only be allowed 2 sides per age group going forward in juniors? Have others been told this?
Havent heard that. But that would be a good start. They should never have dropped the divisions ie, div1- 2- 3 etc.

A kid now HAS to go to a div1 club where once div2 or 3 would have sufficed. Not the big clubs fault. actually its the small clubs fault for letting themselves get railroaded. They together have the power of numbers for change. No one seems to have the nuts to stand up and speak their mind anymore. Everyone conforms. Non conformists are ostracised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RED
BB
LAB
MOR
MAR

Morningside average age around 22.5 this week so not massively different?

Ha good one Billy. You think small clubs don't open their mouths? It's the being ignored in the face of common sense that is complete garbage they have to bear

Havent heard that. But that would be a good start. They should never have dropped the divisions ie, div1- 2- 3 etc.

A kid now HAS to go to a div1 club where once div2 or 3 would have sufficed. Not the big clubs fault. actually its the small clubs fault for letting themselves get railroaded. They together have the power of numbers for change. No one seems to have the nuts to stand up and speak their mind anymore. Everyone conforms. Non conformists are ostracised.

Certainly know at Maroochydore this is the case from next year onwards. Agree, not a bad thing at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back