QAFL 2021

Danske

Debutant
Jul 31, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It’s a bit odd that Wilson Barry has been playing for the Lions in the NEAFL but with no game on this weekend has gone back to Morningside but playing in their reserves.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Huge win for the young lions today. 11 boys under 20 years old. Would be interested to get someone’s view at the Broadbeach v Redlands game. Season is well and truly alive
Dezario,
My Broady never looked like winning today. They playerd poorly , their disposal was poor, they over handballed, and maybe there are a few players resting on the sides laurels if you know what I mean.
Credit to Redland as they took it right up with extreme pressure on the opposition and simply wanted the ball more .
IMO, good for Broady to have a loss,,, takes pressure off the unbeaten status and sends a message that should of been already there after last years grand final loss.

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Tipping Ladder ;
well done Dezario ,,, 3 out of 4 tips the top result for this weeks tips.
Ladder;
1; Danske; 39
2; Premier ; 37
3; Stuyd; 37
4; Smy; 36
5; Dezario; 35
6; Clueless; 35
7; Goalkicker ; 35
8; Time to retire; 34
9; Judge; 32
10; Ruffles; 32
11; Noosa Boy; 31
12; Magpie Boy ; 30

Miller1971

Club Legend
Jun 15, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Dezario,
My Broady never looked like winning today. They playerd poorly , their disposal was poor, they over handballed, and maybe there are a few players resting on the sides laurels if you know what I mean.
Credit to Redland as they took it right up with extreme pressure on the opposition and simply wanted the ball more .
IMO, good for Broady to have a loss,,, takes pressure off the unbeaten status and sends a message that should of been already there after last years grand final loss.

Despite playing poorly, if they took their chances in the last quarter they stll should have won the game.

Redland had a few things certainly go their way late as well!

Apr 26, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Despite playing poorly, if they took their chances in the last quarter they stll should have won the game.

Redland had a few things certainly go their way late as well!

redland were the better side thoroughly deserved the win. What Miller refers to I reckon was late in the game only a couple points in it 2 Cats defenders were closest to the ball ( by 10 metres) and the footy being shaped the way it is bounced over them both and sideways into the awaiting arms of a Redland player whokicked a pretty important goal.

Miller1971

Club Legend
Jun 15, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Sooky sooky

I have no interest in either team, but I did attend the game.

Moncreiff missed 2 simple set shots from right in front, then another guy missed a pretty easy one.

Not to mention the miracle the above poster has alluded to, which was one of 2 unbelievably favourable bounces. Thats footy, but Broady despite being outplayed most of the day hung in there and should have put them away early in the last when they dominated with repeat entries and simple chances.

Redland definitely deserved to win, no doubt about that. That bounce for Yagmoor was the stuff of dreams though.

Judge

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Broadbeach (should be close either way)
Morningside (although the Vultures are due for a rebound win)
PBC (going with the home team, but with little confidence)
Redland (hopefully I moz them, but at home against possibly the youngest-ever Grange team)
Sherwood (odds-on favourite)

Back