QAFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

What happens now with points due to the lock down ? No points for anyone ? Or 2 points each like last time ?

It’d be nice to play by the rules and not swing your arm into the opposition’s jaw though. I hope Buntain got weeks for that cause it was weak as piss
The player punched the ball and also collected the WG player square on the jaw breaking it badly. My information is that the incident was video reviewed without any information on the condition of the injured player and considered "not an assessable offence" so no charge was laid……..

The player punched the ball and also collected the WG player square on the jaw breaking it badly. My information is that the incident was video reviewed without any information on the condition of the injured player and considered "not an assessable offence" so no charge was laid……..

I was told it wasn't Buntain but another Noosa player? Considering the injury it is surprising that it wasn't considered assessable - even accidents get considered in todays footy.

Bloody tough times at Noosa FC right now - saw they announced that Bova has stepped down now effective immediately. Means they have lost their president, junior president, General Manager and coach all in the 2nd half of season. Have never seen anything like it. Really sad for such a proud and successful footy club. All we need now is for Noosaboy to resign from BF.. :)

Bova has been an outstanding servant of that club as a player first back in 2004 or 5 he arrived I think. Premiership captain, premiership coach x 2. And more importantly a fantastic guy very well loved and respected not just at Noosa but really admired as a football person on the coast for the way he goes about things. Good luck NB - another bloke who I know will put shoulder to the wheel to right the course. Same old story imo; things are never as good as they seem nor as they ever as bad..

Bloody tough times at Noosa FC right now - saw they announced that Bova has stepped down now effective immediately. Means they have lost their president, junior president, General Manager and coach all in the 2nd half of season. Have never seen anything like it. Really sad for such a proud and successful footy club. All we need now is for Noosaboy to resign from BF.. :)

Bova has been an outstanding servant of that club as a player first back in 2004 or 5 he arrived I think. Premiership captain, premiership coach x 2. And more importantly a fantastic guy very well loved and respected not just at Noosa but really admired as a football person on the coast for the way he goes about things. Good luck NB - another bloke who I know will put shoulder to the wheel to right the course. Same old story imo; things are never as good as they seem nor as they ever as bad..
will they stay in qafl? or back to div 1 footy?

Considering the injury it is surprising that it wasn't considered assessable - even accidents get considered in todays footy.
That's the point; it almost certainly wasn't considered (from what I've been told no-one at WG were asked as would normally be the case) and the video finishes soon after showing the player on his knees. The siren sounded a few seconds before the incident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 game out of the 6, but make it 2 with percentage gap

we have 1 game left

Impossible to please everyone, but this constant rhetoric that the competitions are all equal and should be treated the same just doesn't make any sense.

Friend of mine is on board of UQ Rugby, last lockdown QRU consulted all club presidents and outcome was all grades except Premier, Colts PRemier and Womens were abandoned with points split. Basically acknowledging Premier Rugby (aka first grade, aka QAFL) was the priority.

Big zoom meeting again today where clubs are invited (as the key stakeholders of the game) to discuss options and then a few more days of consultation before a decision.

I actually wouldn't care if we did all that and got the same decision we have ended up with, I just don't understand why zero discussions or consultation is considered with those that give up hundreds of hours a year to bring their clubs to the table to have a competition. Meanwhile those actually paid a wage to facilitate the competition don't even bother giving the illusion that we matter.

Announcement of lockdown extension at 10am, text from AFLQ 10 minutes later, a full sweeping decision made within 2 hours without so much as a phone call. To me it seems unneccesarily rushed at best....

1 game out of the 6, but make it 2 with percentage gap

we have 1 game left

Impossible to please everyone, but this constant rhetoric that the competitions are all equal and should be treated the same just doesn't make any sense.

Friend of mine is on board of UQ Rugby, last lockdown QRU consulted all club presidents and outcome was all grades except Premier, Colts PRemier and Womens were abandoned with points split. Basically acknowledging Premier Rugby (aka first grade, aka QAFL) was the priority.

Big zoom meeting again today where clubs are invited (as the key stakeholders of the game) to discuss options and then a few more days of consultation before a decision.

I actually wouldn't care if we did all that and got the same decision we have ended up with, I just don't understand why zero discussions or consultation is considered with those that give up hundreds of hours a year to bring their clubs to the table to have a competition. Meanwhile those actually paid a wage to facilitate the competition don't even bother giving the illusion that we matter.

Announcement of lockdown extension at 10am, text from AFLQ 10 minutes later, a full sweeping decision made within 2 hours without so much as a phone call. To me it seems unneccesarily rushed at best....

Not sure you expected anything less Thommo. Agree would not be hard to hold a zoom meeting at 7pm with all Presidents and Footy Managers.

At most if every club had their input or say for 5 minutes, would only be an hour meeting +?

As you said Thommo at clubland we are held to account by our members and communication is always the key.

Just think the leadership around AFLQ needs to be more transparent. Has the new GM actually attended any QAFL games?

Just think the leadership around AFLQ needs to be more transparent. Has the new GM actually attended any QAFL games?

unless the media are there, you won't see Trish Squires anywhere. What a disasterous appointment she has been!

Every club will have a gripe with this decision, and every club will have multiple teams impacted, some might get lucky, others might be incredibly unlucky. Especially when you also include what it does in youth footy, given some games were played on Friday night and their results will stand.

AFLQ would say they can't look at each competition and come up with something fair, but why not try? What are you employed to do? Especially right now, you don't have 2 rounds of footy to organise, so what are you doing all day?

Why not consult clubs on how they think it could look? Why not go comp by comp and see what is potentially a more reasonable outcome?

Why not look at QAFL differently as the flagship competition?

Reaks of laziness and a complete lack of respect for those in the trenches of clubland. Might have had our differences, but this is a kick in the teeth for guys like Tommo, StillMe, Judge, Laggingbehind etc etc. Even if some of them benefited and some didn't, the complete lack of consultation and 'don't call us, we will call you' attitude is disrespectful and insulting to the real grassroots footy people who do it for love, as opposed to these people getting paid a wage to spit in the general direction of their stakeholders.

unless the media are there, you won't see Trish Squires anywhere. What a disasterous appointment she has been!

Every club will have a gripe with this decision, and every club will have multiple teams impacted, some might get lucky, others might be incredibly unlucky. Especially when you also include what it does in youth footy, given some games were played on Friday night and their results will stand.

AFLQ would say they can't look at each competition and come up with something fair, but why not try? What are you employed to do? Especially right now, you don't have 2 rounds of footy to organise, so what are you doing all day?

Why not consult clubs on how they think it could look? Why not go comp by comp and see what is potentially a more reasonable outcome?

Why not look at QAFL differently as the flagship competition?

Reaks of laziness and a complete lack of respect for those in the trenches of clubland. Might have had our differences, but this is a kick in the teeth for guys like Tommo, StillMe, Judge, Laggingbehind etc etc. Even if some of them benefited and some didn't, the complete lack of consultation and 'don't call us, we will call you' attitude is disrespectful and insulting to the real grassroots footy people who do it for love, as opposed to these people getting paid a wage to spit in the general direction of their stakeholders.

It may be the case that she does appear at various games (lots to split self between) but I think this should be a reasonably important part of her gig. Helps all areas.

Finals Fixtures are already up in our
Div 2 North Competition for 14th August again with no discussions around what the contingencies are should that get canned.

Feel sorry for clubs that just on wrong side of fixtures in every competition and miss out on finals.

I just reckon for the money clubs pour into these competitions , surely a few zoom meetings could be arranged with each Competition President/Footy Manager to go through scenarios to see if maybe there is even some other ideas on the ground that could be investigated.

Lot of successful business people and well educated people at club level that might come up with a game changer?

But no, headquarters know best and no communication is great sign of leadership. Some good people working hard at league level that probably have their hands tied?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back