QAFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats probably because all the Southport aligned players from Surfers are in their best 22 and if finals go ahead will be playing?

Not sure Southport would be willing to risk part of their best 22 in a QAFL game in lieu of getting more continuity in their own team.

If Southport season was over I am sure Surfers would have rolled out Lynch, Charlesworth, Doran and Williams as they had them all qualified like Morningside did. Just the cards fell right for Morningside.

Apart from Crozier and Triffett - who I don’t think should have been able to play (even though Morningside juniors) as they hadn’t played during the year, the rest of the guys had played for Morningside a number of times during the year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apart from Crozier and Triffett - who I don’t think should have been able to play (even though Morningside juniors) as they hadn’t played during the year, the rest of the guys had played for Morningside a number of times during the year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

qualification process is fine, don't even have an issue with Triffet and Crozier playing really.

There just should be a limit, so a competition isn't completely bastardised

In the nEAFL era, don't think you could play more than 5 at once?

10 is ridiculous and puts a competition at the whim of another competitions draw and selection outcomes.

Thats probably because all the Southport aligned players from Surfers are in their best 22 and if finals go ahead will be playing?

Not sure Southport would be willing to risk part of their best 22 in a QAFL game in lieu of getting more continuity in their own team.

If Southport season was over I am sure Surfers would have rolled out Lynch, Charlesworth, Doran and Williams as they had them all qualified like Morningside did. Just the cards fell right for Morningside.

I'm confused - I thought the VFL season was over? Why would Southport care who played for them if the result was inconsequential? Surely this match was simply to provide the Lions 2's players with a game who may be required to step up a for a final in their seniors over the next week or so?

Southport still holding out hope of playing a Grand Final.

Dogs were top of the ladder, so tried to get their VFL side up here this week - but that didn't happen, so probably curtains now.

Last option would be playing in WA, which would be an enormous waste of resources for everyone!

my point was that Surfers should be filthy being knocked out by a team that spluttered into finals thanks to lockdowns, then loaded up on 10 x VFL players.

More salt in the wound was Lions played Southport on the weekend, and mysteriously the Lions VFL players affiliated with Morningside didn't get a game for the first time this year, but the Southport blokes who played for Surfers all year were suddenly required by Southport :think:
Brisbane Lions reserves played Southport on Sunday in a scratch match, for our reserves to get a hit out.

Southport won.

Brisbane Lions reserves played Southport on Sunday in a scratch match, for our reserves to get a hit out.

Southport won.

yes, Southport won comfortably. It was interesting how each side was selected though, and who that made available for various QAFL teams. Genuinely determined results, which shouldn't happen

yes, Southport won comfortably. It was interesting how each side was selected though, and who that made available for various QAFL teams. Genuinely determined results, which shouldn't happen
I feel for the QAFL clubs here.

I wonder if the kids were given a choice.

I also wonder if there is any vision of the game, or if any local AFL scouts were at the game.

Would AFL draft hopefuls benefit more from playing in a QAFL final than a scratch match?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that’s if we get to play. They are itching to lock us down again under the political slogan “Keeping Qlders Safe”. Does my head in
Wait what? Is there another lockdown pending. Man I hope not. Let’s get this season finished.

I’m tipping Labrador by 4 points and Roos by a couple of goals

Labrador and Palmy to win both reserves games

yes there were AFL scouts at the surfers v morningside gane and none at the scratch match . I know because I was sitting with them ..

QUOTE="briztoon, post: 71962643, member: 168593"]
I feel for the QAFL clubs here.

I wonder if the kids were given a choice.

I also wonder if there is any vision of the game, or if any local AFL scouts were at the game.

Would AFL draft hopefuls benefit more from playing in a QAFL final than a scratch match?
[/QUOTE]

Maroochydore magnificent today against odds imo. Hadn’t beaten Panthers this year, a final on home deck. Their pressure on the ball player was fantastic and a few of the younger kids really stood up which they had to.
Scholard was well held but scrambled a few goals. Simpson was a warrior. Rucked unchanged in the 2nd half. Just a really strong fighting effort vs reigning premiers.

Maroochydore magnificent today against odds imo. Hadn’t beaten Panthers this year, a final on home deck. Their pressure on the ball player was fantastic and a few of the younger kids really stood up which they had to.
Scholard was well held but scrambled a few goals. Simpson was a warrior. Rucked unchanged in the 2nd half. Just a really strong fighting effort vs reigning premiers.
Probably time that Maroochydore are accepted as the real deal

Yeah there was probably (deserved) scepticism about how they fell into the finals due to the way they were going at back end of year and who they missed out on playing but have more than shown they are worthy finals contenders. Be tough vs a hurt Labrador but never know....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back