QAFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably coach of the year for me. Getting his club in a granny in its 2nd year.
Nick has been great as well.

Any truths in the rumour that Labrador Coach took Retzy, Hanley and one other player off the ground with 8 minutes to go and told them to ice up for next week?

Then when Maroochydore run on came they were already boots and tape off and couldn’t return to stop avalanche?

Any truths in the rumour that Labrador Coach took Retzy, Hanley and one other player off the ground with 8 minutes to go and told them to ice up for next week?

Then when Maroochydore run on came they were already boots and tape off and couldn’t return to stop avalanche?

That is indeed what happened SM - Hanley kicked Labrador's last goal from a fk in the square, ran off the ground high fiving on the pine, took boots off. 5min later frantically trying to put boots back on but couldn't get on ground as ball was stuck in far pocket. Roos kick a goal to put in front so in fact Labrador had to then decide to win the game not save it. I'm sure Nick would have had a few sleepless nights since last Saturday. Didn't realise Retz was taken off as well but wow 4 goals up, 10min to play approx isn't unheard of as far as comebacks go. Just went too early.

That is indeed what happened SM - Hanley kicked Labrador's last goal from a fk in the square, ran off the ground high fiving on the pine, took boots off. 5min later frantically trying to put boots back on but couldn't get on ground as ball was stuck in far pocket. Roos kick a goal to put in front so in fact Labrador had to then decide to win the game not save it. I'm sure Nick would have had a few sleepless nights since last Saturday. Didn't realise Retz was taken off as well but wow 4 goals up, 10min to play approx isn't unheard of as far as comebacks go. Just went too early.
So really a big NO to coach of the year!😂😂😂

So really a big NO to coach of the year!😂😂😂

Bit like Bucks NS 2002 - the vote was made prior to this game... :) Doesn't matter - must admit I do feel a bit for him if indeed it was his call (imagine it was) because he has done a fantastic job with Labrador this season and but for a mental lapse they could easily be in a GF this week.

Both Hanley and Retz were good players on the day but not match winners ,,, so imo this mentioned issue made no difference to the end result ,,

Both Hanley and Retz were good players on the day but not match winners ,,, so imo this mentioned issue made no difference to the end result ,,
Hanley kicked 5 goals Stuyd - and is their most experienced player. Retz would be in their best 3 players. If they stay on, Roos don't win, simple as that I think. They went off bc they were considered the most valuable players in the side, not bc they weren't playing well!

Hanley kicked 5 goals Stuyd - and is their most experienced player. Retz would be in their best 3 players. If they stay on, Roos don't win, simple as that I think. They went off bc they were considered the most valuable players in the side, not bc they weren't playing well!
smy , i did not say they were not playing well at all, what I was meaning id that the Roos were soi dominant in that last 10 minutes and players like Hanley and Retz cuold not of stopped it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Broadbeach Grand Final Side ;;; very strong line up and vice captain Nelson returns with gun recruit Gledhill ..
Feel so bad for Darcy Irwin whom after a stellar season is out which happened to him 2 seasons ago in the GF against Palmy ..
Tough calls hey ..

Regardless of the lack of gametime over the past 2 months the class line up of Broadbeach is outstanding ,,, as it was last season ... surely on the clubs 50th anniversy we can take the flag ,,

Regardless of the lack of gametime over the past 2 months the class line up of Broadbeach is outstanding ,,, as it was last season ... surely on the clubs 50th anniversy we can take the flag ,,

3rd time lucky for the cats. I think being away from Yeronga where they have lost their last 2 grand finals will help. (Small ground)

Broadbeach Grand Final Side ;;; very strong line up and vice captain Nelson returns with gun recruit Gledhill ..
Feel so bad for Darcy Irwin whom after a stellar season is out which happened to him 2 seasons ago in the GF against Palmy ..
Tough calls hey ..
Wow that is a tough call. Poor bugger.

Maroochy was a good place to be last night. Club was humming and Very excited to be at the pointy end of the season against another one of the big clubs. Quiet confidence but know they will be playing a really good side.
Looks good weather predicted so both sides can show case skills.
Should be a cracking GF I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back