QAFL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t understand why the QAFL picked Coorparoo over Yeronga. Availability issues maybe? Plus I think AFL Queensland needs to stop romanticising over Griffin Park. Yes it’s a historic Queensland ground and has had an upgrade, but the facilities are still not up to scratch for such a big game. I think when the Lions finish up their training ground in Springfield the QAFL will consider holding a GF there in the near future. I went there at the start of the year with a few mates and was really impressed. The facilities are right next to a state of the art shopping precinct (Orion Springfield Cental) public pool, modern train station and the University of Southern Queensland. I’ve also heard that the lions are considering to play at the Brisbane Showgrounds after 2026 or so, due to the redevelopment of the Gabba for the Olympics in 2032. So maybe a QAFL final could be held there for a Brisbane venue.
I agree about Springfield should be a sensational complex and possible Showgrounds upgrade also exciting..... but neither ready in 2022.

I don’t understand why the QAFL picked Coorparoo over Yeronga. Availability issues maybe? Plus I think AFL Queensland needs to stop romanticising over Griffin Park. Yes it’s a historic Queensland ground and has had an upgrade, but the facilities are still not up to scratch for such a big game. I think when the Lions finish up their training ground in Springfield the QAFL will consider holding a GF there in the near future. I went there at the start of the year with a few mates and was really impressed. The facilities are right next to a state of the art shopping precinct (Orion Springfield Cental) public pool, modern train station and the University of Southern Queensland. I’ve also heard that the lions are considering to play at the Brisbane Showgrounds after 2026 or so, due to the redevelopment of the Gabba for the Olympics in 2032. So maybe a QAFL final could be held there for a Brisbane venue.
It’s not free to host a Grand final we are paying to have it.

I think that if the facilities are considered okay for the Lions to use for training then they should be okay for 44 QAFL footballers on Saturday. Unless you have access to the main change rooms at Leyshorn Park there is nothing special about the facilities imo.

I think that if the facilities are considered okay for the Lions to use for training then they should be okay for 44 QAFL footballers on Saturday. Unless you have access to the main change rooms at Leyshorn Park there is nothing special about the facilities imo.
SMY,
as i said the ground surface and available parking space is great, but the rest of the facilities are below par, old and outdated ,,,they even look this way ,, just feel QAFL grand final day deserves better then this and its not such a good look for outsiders coming to watch the game. .Yes I agree its better then the Yeronga precint but then again as long as we get 3 great grand finals of QAFL footy.

SMY,
as i said the ground surface and available parking space is great, but the rest of the facilities are below par, old and outdated ,,,they even look this way ,, just feel QAFL grand final day deserves better then this and its not such a good look for outsiders coming to watch the game. .Yes I agree its better then the Yeronga precint but then again as long as we get 3 great grand finals of QAFL footy.
Yeah can't say that I think having been to both Southport and Coorparoo this year that the former is anything to write home about if you aren't the home side. The ground surface is not top shelf either. I think its totally over sold the actual off ground facilities - as long as its good viewing, plenty of eating / drinking around ground and not just in one spot and parking is ok (even this is not a massive criteria - gee whiz parking at Hickey Park is bloody average and they still do a great job hosting finals.

Ryan banks smith a grogan medalist. First for him and the hornets

Who finished second
305924784_758084315384869_5600595546600670306_n.jpg

Try and find a photo of the leaderboard - it was a good night. The AFLQ did a good job.
in attendance might have been a good night but whoever is in control of qafl social media better be a volunteer position, how about some promotion for the night and updates of the awards as they're presented, wouldn't be hard to do what any other league does and live stream it either

in attendance might have been a good night but whoever is in control of qafl social media better be a volunteer position, how about some promotion for the night and updates of the awards as they're presented, wouldn't be hard to do what any other league does and live stream it either
Yes that’s true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the clubs do a far better job promoting the game than AFLQ, and their social media feeds (certainly a few of them namely Broady, Sherwood, Aspley and Redland) are far superior to anything produced by the paid AFLQ employees.

I'm guessing at Broady and Sherwood they would be volunteers doing it too.

Aspley are probably the leaders in this area with their game day stuff, and Sherwood not far behind but not so good on game day updates. Both clubs also highlight alot of juniors and womens stuff too. Broady the best with the QAFL stuff, but you never hear about anything else and Redland very good coverage as well, though don't hear much about their junior club and some of their stuff is a bit cringey with weird stats and trying a bit too hard to dispel stereotypes about their club.

Palmy not partivcularly active, but I do love reading their 'Greetings from Leo' updates - informative, insightful and no fluff.

the clubs do a far better job promoting the game than AFLQ, and their social media feeds (certainly a few of them namely Broady, Sherwood, Aspley and Redland) are far superior to anything produced by the paid AFLQ employees.

Aspley are probably the leaders in this area with their game day stuff, and Sherwood not far behind but not so good on game day updates. Both clubs also highlight alot of juniors and womens stuff too. Broady the best with the QAFL stuff, but you never hear about anything else and Redland very good coverage as well, though don't hear much about their junior club and some of their stuff is a bit cringey with weird stats and trying a bit too hard to dispel stereotypes about their club.

Palmy not partivcularly active, but I do love reading their 'Greetings from Leo' updates - informative, insightful and no fluff.
Noosa very good.

Just saw the Team of the Year - am I mistaken, or did the Cats have an undefeated season and haven't lost since middle of 2021?

Just saw the Team of the Year - am I mistaken, or did the Cats have an undefeated season and haven't lost since middle of 2021?
The Cats are a quality side but they remind me a lot of Richmond during its period of dominance .. Craig knows what he wants out of each role and he puts the players in to fill them.. and when you're having anywhere from 4-7 changes each week for various reasons .. you wouldn't find too many players playing every game and even then, dominating to the high level..

Broadbeach is a champion team.. and come GF day, if victorious, will be really hard to name the absolute best player.

Aspley have a fan Instagram account as well made by a few of their supporters. It’s called “Hornets HQ“ and always has a lot of good content.

Ryan banks smith a grogan medalist. First for him and the hornets

Who finished second
rHYS
The Cats are a quality side but they remind me a lot of Richmond during its period of dominance .. Craig knows what he wants out of each role and he puts the players in to fill them.. and when you're having anywhere from 4-7 changes each week for various reasons .. you wouldn't find too many players playing every game and even then, dominating to the high level..

Broadbeach is a champion team.. and come GF day, if victorious, will be really hard to name the absolute best player.
Good summary and if may comment , 5 other Cats players could easy be in that side be it Lower, Lowe, Lynch, Gledhill and Harbow. In saying that one could select a 2nd Team and it would not be far behind in a play off game day wise ,,,such is the quality the Qafl is now ,

Only saw Banks Smith once this year very early on at Noosa but was an absolute standout so we’re his lime green boots!
That Aston from Redlands a ripper too as was Maroochys skipper Govan in the middle on both occasions.Should be a great GF but reckon the cats will go back to back!And agree with Stuyd regarding the team of the year reckon a second picked team(surely with Aaron Wilson and Jackson Bury in it) would look good also.
Local boy Connor McDonald(ruckman)won Noosa b and f with skipper Laskey runner up(for a fifth time) and Aaron Wilson third!

Only saw Banks Smith once this year very early on at Noosa but was an absolute standout so we’re his lime green boots!
That Aston from Redlands a ripper too as was Maroochys skipper Govan in the middle on both occasions.Should be a great GF but reckon the cats will go back to back!And agree with Stuyd regarding the team of the year reckon a second picked team(surely with Aaron Wilson and Jackson Bury in it) would look good also.
Local boy Connor McDonald(ruckman)won Noosa b and f with skipper Laskey runner up(for a fifth time) and Aaron Wilson third!
Bloody hell mate - 5x runner up for Aaron. They will name that award after him now... :) Good consistency of course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back