QAFL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

NRL is the most boring game to watch. A game for unintelligent bogans.

You speak that much rubbish on here. Half the stuff you post no one even cares about. So I’ll leave it at that as I don’t want to get stuck into the pathetic back and forth slagging matches I’ve seen on here with you and others.
:laughv1:

Gee, didnt mean to hurt your feelings...lol

Yeah, bullshit..

Yes Barnsey was good ,,, do agree though his singing over the past 5 plus years is very much like screaming full on.
But must say Robbie Williams blew the show apart at the AFL grand final, and I m not a Williams fan. His tribute song to Warnie and John Farhnam was so clever and so good, I had some mates there and they said the crowd singing the Voice chorus was unreal,,

Barnsie rocked the city !! 66yo and nailed it!! Unbelievable.

Honestly it comes down to a persons taste in music. Barnesy was once a good pub rocker, but his voice is a shadow of what it once was.

As a pure spectacle (because I'm no fan of either Robbie or Barnsey), the AFL's show was better. But honestly I would be happy if such crap never happened.

First time the 'Reaction singer' ever heard Barnes and Farnham :joycat:

Last edited:
A few months ago, in his loungeroom, wife on guitar, grandson on piano, daughter on backing vocals, Teddy makes a cameo...

Now, say he screams.. (ya cant scream for help with a vertebrata...! If you do, you are SINGING!)

Last edited:
Probably the best explanation of Barnes voice by someone who appreciates Barnes type of voice, and knows what is actually going on. Take the time to listen to this bloke explain what is going on with Barnes for 5 minutes.

No feelings hurt here. My skin is thicker than being offended on Big footy! All good, it’s all personal taste and opinions…

Looking forward to seeing the new coaching appointments throughout the league over the off season

No feelings hurt here. My skin is thicker than being offended on Big footy! All good, it’s all personal taste and opinions…

Looking forward to seeing the new coaching appointments throughout the league over the off season
I was way over the top.

Watching the Koori RL carnival in the morning, went away and came back and watched the RL GF. RL was my passion years ago. Cheers Dezario.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was way over the top.

Watching the Koori RL carnival in the morning, went away and came back and watched the RL GF. RL was my passion years ago. Cheers Dezario.
Way over the top? Understatement of the year Required. I've nearly stopped laughing at "rainbow faries quaffing champers"

Now that's you've slept off a big day any chance we can come back to this forums title "QAFL". Do you have any news/whispers on the Morningside coaching status?

Way over the top? Understatement of the year Required. I've nearly stopped laughing at "rainbow faries quaffing champers"

Now that's you've slept off a big day any chance we can come back to this forums title "QAFL". Do you have any news/whispers on the Morningside coaching status?
Was actually meant to be humorous.. People are too easily offended these days. The 'offended' are corralled into political groups, but thats a whole different topic..

Yes have some whispers. Dont know how accurate. I may be just a mushroom; Kept in the dark and fed bullshit..

2 ex-AFL players in a dual coaching role? Have heard some names thrown around but not up to me to speculate on what may be a fluid negotiation.

With Pre season in 4 weeks, Club will release info when they have something concrete no doubt.

Last edited:
Rugby is for people lacking skills to play real sports .
I’d rather watch AFLW than Rugby
You gravitate towards softness.. "not that theres anything wrong with that.."

I actually made an observation you missed.. Social difference between AFL and NRL in QLD. 1st noticed this in about 2011. Son had been playing RL for straddie. Towards the end of the season (after doing Auskick at school with an AFLQ employee named Ablett..) I 'encouraged' him to play a few AFL games for Victoria Point, where I noticed a stark difference between RL people and the Footy crowd. I saw the difference again when we moved inland and the young bloke played RL, and AFL in Toowoomba. Again the striking difference of the socio economic status of the people, cars they drove etc.

We know Australian rules is everyones game in Victoria, SA, WA. From Lower class, 'Working class, and blue collar'... to the mid and upper classes; Tradies, white collar, self employed, Banksters, bottom feeders, AFL is everyones game.

In QLD, RL is the working class game. In the car park, along with the standard fare, youll find beaten up commodores, falcons, hotted up jap cars, Kmart fashion and Dunlop KT26s.. Participants from many ethnic backgrounds making up large percentages of teams. More representitve of the diverse cultural and socio economic picture of our society.

QLD footy.. BMWs, Audis, Mercedes, Range rovers, etc. Deck chairs on the sidelines with the obligatory cup of wine. (and just to upset 'everyone' but it should be said anyway...also very 'white' by comparison)

So although i was being flippant in my earlier post, there IS a difference in the social 'status' in QLD between AFL and RL people, a more significant discussion than AFL V RL. Dont debate me till you go along to a junior RL ground and see for yourself.

Last edited:

I actually made an observation you missed.. Social difference between AFL and NRL in QLD. 1st noticed this in about 2011. Son had been playing RL for straddie. Towards the end of the season (after doing Auskick at school with an AFLQ employee named Ablett..) I 'encouraged' him to play a few AFL games for Victoria Point, where I noticed a stark difference between RL people and the Footy crowd. I saw the difference again when we moved inland and the young bloke played RL, and AFL in Toowoomba. Again the striking difference of the socio economic status of the people, cars they drove etc.

We know Australian rules is everyones game in Victoria, SA, WA. From Lower class, 'Working class, and blue collar'... to the mid and upper classes; Tradies, white collar, self employed, Banksters, bottom feeders, AFL is everyones game.

In QLD, RL is the working class game. In the car park, along with the standard fare, youll find beaten up commodores, falcons, hotted up jap cars, Kmart fashion and Dunlop KT26s.. Participants from many ethnic backgrounds making up large percentages of teams. More representitve of the diverse cultural and socio economic picture of our society.

QLD footy.. BMWs, Audis, Mercedes, Range rovers, etc. Deck chairs on the sidelines with the obligatory cup of wine. (and just to upset 'everyone' but it should be said anyway...also very 'white' by comparison)

So although i was being flippant in my earlier post, there IS a difference in the social 'status' in QLD between AFL and RL people, a more significant discussion than AFL V RL. Dont debate me till you go along to a junior RL ground and see for yourself.
Not true. I've seen plenty of kids pay by voucher to register for what are generally the lowest fees of any code. Also AFL has a long history with our Indigenous Round which RL copied but like everything else just don't do it as well as AFL.

My family heritage is from Vic hence my leaning towards AFL. If yours was RL for whatever reason good luck to you. I couldn't care less.

Not true. I've seen plenty of kids pay by voucher to register for what are generally the lowest fees of any code. Also AFL has a long history with our Indigenous Round which RL copied but like everything else just don't do it as well as AFL.

My family heritage is from Vic hence my leaning towards AFL. If yours was RL for whatever reason good luck to you. I couldn't care less.

It is true, and demonstrably so. Mate, id suggest you dont post something as evidence if it doesnt actually aid your point.

Fees at Gatton Hawks RL are about $120. Afl is double that and more at most places. Voucher completely covers RL fees in most places.

RL has an Indigenous round and has had just as many if not more Indigenous players playing top level footy in a code that requires 13 on the field as against 18.... RL had Muslim players decades ago. AFL had their 1st in Houli. How many Polynesian or Asian players does AFL have? RL has and has had plenty.

Look at rep sides. What is the ratio of boys from other cultural backgrounds as against white kids in the Lions academy sides? Last year the u18s had none in their side. This year they had to promote an Indigenous u17s boy to their NAB team otherwise they would have had no non white kids again! A reflection of the number of kids from diverse backgrounds at clubland.... or not? And if the ratio of multicultural and Indigenous kids in club sides is greater than that of the academy sides, may suggest something is going on in the academy? Suns dont seem to have a problem in their model. Their ratio does more closely reflect clubland.

Anyway, compare both academies ratio to RL rep sides... You are kidding!!

Last edited:
It is true, and demonstrably so. Mate, id suggest you dont post something as evidence if it doesnt actually aid your point.

Fees at Gatton Hawks RL are about $120. Afl is double that and more at most places. Voucher completely covers RL fees in most places.

RL has an Indigenous round and has had just as many if not more Indigenous players playing top level footy in a code that requires 13 on the field as against 18.... RL had Muslim players decades ago. AFL had their 1st in Houli. How many Polynesian or Asian players does AFL have? RL has and has had plenty.

Look at rep sides. What is the ratio of boys from other cultural backgrounds as against white kids in the Lions academy sides? Last year the u18s had none in their side. This year they had to promote an Indigenous u17s boy to their NAB team otherwise they would have had no non white kids again! A reflection of the number of kids from diverse backgrounds at clubland.... or not? And if the ratio of multicultural and Indigenous kids in club sides is greater than that of the academy sides, may suggest something is going on in the academy? Suns dont seem to have a problem in their model. Their ratio does more closely reflect clubland.

Wow. You really want that membership into the Chardy chauffing rainbow fairy group?😀

Last edited:
This is an Afl forum or am I missing something.
Surely there's a site where thugby league can be discussed on its own.
No need to lower the iq level on this site.
Not long untill preseason starts so looking forward to that.

go cry somewhere else, everyone is welcome to play in any league, just personal choice

Growing up in QLD I was into League and played whilst at school and at the same time played club AFL. Similar to many kids in QLD play both at different points. Over years I’ve lost interest in league a bit and got into the Australian footy more and more for no reason other than I simply enjoy the game more and it’s better to watch particularly live

I fail to see the issue here.

Most kids play the sports 1) their parents like or play themselves, 2) they play at school, 3) their mates play, 4) some cultures have strong ties to particular sports [ties in to point 1].

So AFL is replacing Union. Hooray.

Man you get your knickers twisted about some weird sh!t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back