QAFL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Bud63

MVP
May 7, 2015
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yea agree then it’s average Noosa can go to surfers but roos can go down the road
I agree an over-reaction by Roos. I live in Alexandra Headland and we had 42mm in last 24 hrs. Footy clubs shouldn’t feel liable for safety just because we’ve had a wet week. There’s risk driving to footy even when it’s dry. I suspect not a footy dept decision.

Required

Team Captain
Mar 18, 2022
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
PBC within 16 points of the well credentialled Redlands at 3/4 time. Doubtful its that close in the dry.

Maroochy missed a good opportunity to slog it out with Aspley IMO.

Required

Team Captain
Mar 18, 2022
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
PBC short by 2 goals vs Redlands. Weather certainly brings the gun sides back to the pack. Which we saw again with Surfers nearly toppling Noosa.

Roos certainly missed an opportunity vs Aspley...

However, Wylie Buzza lacing them up for Mt Gravatt (vs BB) couldnt prevent a blowout. (127 - 12)

smy1306

Debutant
Jun 22, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
PBC short by 2 goals vs Redlands. Weather certainly brings the gun sides back to the pack. Which we saw again with Surfers nearly toppling Noosa.

Roos certainly missed an opportunity vs Aspley...

However, Wylie Buzza lacing them up for Mt Gravatt (vs BB) couldnt prevent a blowout. (127 - 12)
Do u think it’s a missed opportunity for the Roos Required ??😂

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What’s the penalty for putting the tips in after the first centre bounce? 😂😂😂
He put them in at 2.14 pm ,,, only 14 mins ito the games ...as a group please provide your opinion of the following 3

1; inelgible for this round
2; penalise 1 or 2 tips.
3; let him off with no penalty .
Please advise guys.

FROM NOW ON TIPS TO BE IN BY GAMEDAY 1.30 PM

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Watched my Broady play in the terrible conditions today which created a playing field fullm of water on the surface , plenty of mud due to 2 prior games on it , yet we managed to bag 19 goals ,, unreal ,, and the reserves bagged 26 goals..

Dezario

All Australian
Dec 14, 2011
QLD
AFL Club
Geelong
The ladder says Labrador and morningside drew today? Surely this gets replayed as the season loses integrity but it wouldn’t surprise me if this is the case

Pugs

Senior List
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
The ladder says Labrador and morningside drew today? Surely this gets replayed as the season loses integrity but it wouldn’t surprise me if this is the case
Its like that in all divisions. Surely they get played at the first available opportunity. Split points seems ridiculous...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hear no evil

Rookie
Apr 15, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney

Came and watched your young fella's today Thommo, with the Buffs being postponed...
Thought you may have come out on top today ...
You've got a very good young back line who were under the pump for most of the game..
Was good to watch Jack up against it and hold his own along with the rest of the back line. . Must be hard for these boys week in week out looking at the scores. .
Great young side and wish you all the best for the rest of the year.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
He put them in at 2.14 pm ,,, only 14 mins ito the games ...as a group please provide your opinion of the following 3

1; inelgible for this round
2; penalise 1 or 2 tips.
3; let him off with no penalty .
Please advise guys.

FROM NOW ON TIPS TO BE IN BY GAMEDAY 1.30 PM
Nah that’s ok imo

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Tipping .
movement everywhere ..

27; NOOSABOY, JUDGE, BIG E, THUNDER DOC,
26; SMY ,CLUELESS. FOOTY BOY,
25; MUDSTICKS, BUD, DE ZARIO, DUSTY, STUYD, MAGPIE BOY
24; BENCHWARMER, GOALKICKER
22; REQUIRED

Jun 2, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Came and watched your young fella's today Thommo, with the Buffs being postponed...
Thought you may have come out on top today ...
You've got a very good young back line who were under the pump for most of the game..
Was good to watch Jack up against it and hold his own along with the rest of the back line. . Must be hard for these boys week in week out looking at the scores. .
Great young side and wish you all the best for the rest of the year.

Yes, we are improving gradually - both with the output of the personnel who have been playing all year, but also as we slowly welcome back the injured players. 2 key midfielders finished for the year though, and that was probably our weak spot on our list to start with. We are very good down back, albeit extremely young and our forward-line is finiding it hard to gel and the main problem all eyar has been how the oppo just march it out, so need some forward pressure at ground level and better zone setups.

Colts humming along, and some talent already secured for 2023 and serious talent coming through youth age groups that we won't lose like we used to, so we will be fine.

Jack has been a fantastic pickup, was ready to go round 1 and has been very good. Playing a role that we didn't earmark him for due to injuries, but he has stood up to be counted and got the job done. Ideally would be our 3rd tall defender, but instead has played on the big guns or at least the 2nd tall most weeks.

Baulchy33

Draftee
Jun 12, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
I am currently in the US and being away again highlights the complete lack of credible game day info in the QAFL. Big promises pre season about improved exposure and better access to stats hasn’t eventuated in my opinion.

Getting my info from my sons social media, while entertaining, is surprisingly all about him!!!

Time for the QAFL to introduce a Board Structure, made up of Business and Football people, with a seperate Board responsible for Regional (Country) Competitions. This means that people that have been involved and understand Qld footy will be more involved in the decision making. Communication and meaningful info is critical if we are to be a credible State League.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

LaggingBehind

All Australian
Aug 8, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I am currently in the US and being away again highlights the complete lack of credible game day info in the QAFL. Big promises pre season about improved exposure and better access to stats hasn’t eventuated in my opinion.

Getting my info from my sons social media, while entertaining, is surprisingly all about him!!!

Time for the QAFL to introduce a Board Structure, made up of Business and Football people, with a seperate Board responsible for Regional (Country) Competitions. This means that people that have been involved and understand Qld footy will be more involved in the decision making. Communication and meaningful info is critical if we are to be a credible State League.

Good idea. I presume you speak of the true stakeholders, the clubs, having some greater authority in decisions that affect them.

However wherever there exists any authority also generally exists a resistance to release any of that authority. Particularly an organisation as woke as the AFL.

IMO unless there are some voting rights from clubs (i.e. like an AGM that happens in other sports, i.e. unlike how the current arrangements are with AFLQ appointments), and that board has complete autonomy on certain preagreed decisions then it is a complete waste of time.

All that said what this board do differently to what happened over thus weekend?

Apr 26, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

There’s a great podcast you can listen to to keep up to date :)

Back