QAFL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Good game and really good set up at Maroochydore. Roos had a crack but Cats got a few up early and never really looked like losing.

Redland despite a relatively healthy list lost 3 in a row now, it really is hard to stay up for a whole season especially after a couple of shortened years.

And yes a couple big wins by Lab but I wonder if Morningside have ever had a dirtier day, all 3 grades done by 130, less than 2 years ago their seniors and reserves saluted
Only down side to Fishermans rd 2010 is where the clubhouse is situated in the fwd pocket / flank. Can make difficult viewing at the other end of the ground.

Yes I noticed that re panthers - agree, I wouldn't have thought their senior side has lost by that much for decades, if ever? Others would know better.

Only down side to Fishermans rd 2010 is where the clubhouse is situated in the fwd pocket / flank. Can make difficult viewing at the other end of the ground.

Yes I noticed that re panthers - agree, I wouldn't have thought their senior side has lost by that much for decades, if ever? Others would know better.
we beat them by 100+ in 2018, so not that long ago. Think Redland did them by similar amount Round 1 this year. (we have had 2 x 100 point losses in the seniors this year)

Though unusual to go down in all 3 grades by more than 400 points combined :oops:

And the way Labrador playing I would count them as a bit of a smokey right now. Seem to be playing best footy at right end of year.

I've seen them referred to as a 'smoky' several times now. I can't understand this logic

Arguably the best side in 2021, but a few things they wish they could try again in the finals

This year, 5 x losses and 4 of them by less than 3 points.

How thats a 'smoky' chance I don't know! Would think they are pretty short priced with a few others, any of the top 4 on their day would be an unsurprising premier.

I've seen them referred to as a 'smoky' several times now. I can't understand this logic

Arguably the best side in 2021, but a few things they wish they could try again in the finals

This year, 5 x losses and 4 of them by less than 3 points.

How thats a 'smoky' chance I don't know! Would think they are pretty short priced with a few others, any of the top 4 on their day would be an unsurprising premier.
Yea not sure Thommo - agree that they have had a very good season and certainly in the top 4 chances but would argue that the other 3 possibly discussed more as legitimate contenders and without CEY it might have been considered they would go backwards when in fact they seem to have picked up a gear. maybe "smoky" wrong term bc you are right, they aren't flying under anyones radar but it certainly is a good season with the top 4 a blanket over and both PBC and Noosa worthy finalists as well (both probably better with home ground advantage).

What is the finals structure?
Week 1: Elimination Final 1 (3rd Vs 6th), Elimination Final 2 (4th Vs 5th)

Week 2: Semi Final 1 (1st Vs 2nd), Semi Final 2 (Winner of Elimination Final 1 Vs Winner of Elimination Final 2)

Week 3: Preliminary Final (Loser of Semi Final 1 Vs Winner of Semi Final 2)

Week 4: Grand Final (Winner of Semi Final 1 Vs Winner of Preliminary Final)

Last edited:
And yes a couple big wins by Lab but I wonder if Morningside have ever had a dirtier day, all 3 grades done by 130, less than 2 years ago their seniors and reserves saluted

thats as bad as it gets, getting done by 400+ across 3 grades is a downright embarassment for a proud club.

Probably a few poor decisions in recent years coming back to bite them

Week 1: Elimination Final 1 (3rd Vs 6th), Elimination Final 2 (4th Vs 5th)

Week 2: Semi Final 1 (1st Vs 2nd), Semi Final 2 (Winner of Elimination Final 1 Vs Winner of Elimination Final 2)

Week 3: Preliminary Final (Loser of Semi Final 1 Vs Winner of Semi Final 2)

Week 4: Grand Final (Winner of Semi Final 1 Vs Winner of Preliminary Final)
A little bit still to play out yet. Grange can still make finals and have essentially their elimination final up at Noosa this Saturday. The hypothetical is if Noosa loses to Grange then they will need to beat the resurgent Labrador at Labrador to make finals if Grange beat Palmy at home in the final round.

Broady & Aspley get a pre-finals look at each other this week.

Good game and really good set up at Maroochydore. Roos had a crack but Cats got a few up early and never really looked like losing.

Redland despite a relatively healthy list lost 3 in a row now, it really is hard to stay up for a whole season especially after a couple of shortened years.

redlands very far from a healthy list I've been told

I guess you haven't seen their Colts and Reserves for Redlands, the old saying goes....your senior side is only good as your reserves. So I wouldn't be saying that Redlands have a healthy list.

I guess you haven't seen their Colts and Reserves for Redlands, the old saying goes....your senior side is only good as your reserves. So I wouldn't be saying that Redlands have a healthy list.
Not sure that's entirely accurate there DFP. Colts struggling yes but I see Redlands reserves 8 and 8 sitting just outside the top 6. Mt Gravatt next week then Maroochydore, 2 winnable games and they play finals. I reckon that's showing a bit of depth surely!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched a good game of footy at Fishermans rd yesterday. Broadbeach very impressive although they were pushed by a dogmatic Roos team who were basically outclassed when it mattered. Cats had multiple avenues to goal with Lynch being the difference in the end. He's a very good footballer with his mobility and finishing skills. Hard to match up on. Very disciplined side too the Cats with good heads behind the ball organising things.
Roos wouldn't have lost any fans. To have a 6'1 ruckman at this level is ridiculous but Pearson has done a super job all the same and they could have easily let it become a 10+ goal game but didn't. Final 6 near locked away now i'd think.
smy ... astute judgement by you. Lynch is a gun . I dont think many people realise he played for the Western Bulldogs for 4 seasons and played 9 senior games with them .

thats as bad as it gets, getting done by 400+ across 3 grades is a downright embarassment for a proud club.

Probably a few poor decisions in recent years coming back to bite them
Siders probably up against it on weekend with 12 players missing from their best 22 and playing Labrador chocked at 50 points with 4 x Southport boys as 1 pointers was always going to be a stiff task.

On top of that I think Ressies had handful missing so no doubt stretched to maximum throughout all grades.

Definitely don’t have depth to cover these sorts of numbers, but they have shown they are competitive when they put a decent side out.

Like all clubs outside the top 4 need a few decent recruits next year to climb back up the ladder.

Siders probably up against it on weekend with 12 players missing from their best 22 and playing Labrador chocked at 50 points with 4 x Southport boys as 1 pointers was always going to be a stiff task.

On top of that I think Ressies had handful missing so no doubt stretched to maximum throughout all grades.

Definitely don’t have depth to cover these sorts of numbers, but they have shown they are competitive when they put a decent side out.

Like all clubs outside the top 4 need a few decent recruits next year to climb back up the ladder.

What was the go with the 12 missing? Are they coming back or done for the year

What was the go with the 12 missing? Are they coming back or done for the year
Not 100% sure Premier on every players situation but think they might get a few back in each grade this week that I definitely know of but not sure it will change results in next 2 weeks as I know 4 or 5 are season ending.

smy ... astute judgement by you. Lynch is a gun . I dont think many people realise he played for the Western Bulldogs for 4 seasons and played 9 senior games with them .
haha - not sure you had to be that astute to work out that he'd played higher level footy than QAFL Stuyd - beautiful mover across the ground and kicked a couple of goals that most blokes on the ground wouldn't have on opp side of body. I liked him - he didn't carry on like some do when he felt the ball should have gone his way, just went to next passage of play. Looked like areal good teammate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back