QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

not sure anyone at Panthers or Lions would be sad to hear that news. Polarising figure!
Yep fair enough, good player doesn't necessarily equate to a good club man. Thought it strange didn't have a vfl contract by this time, obviously might be reason why. Their will always be clubs that will take on player first before the accompanying baggage.

Just had a look at the Southport Sharks facebook page and boy have they got some recruits .. how good they actually are remains to be seen but it does have a effect on their local QAFL players listed with them and their clubs they represent at QAFL level . Im very interested to see how Redlands Brock Aston goes ,, very good playher at QAFL level ,, will VFL level show him up or enhance him as he has the higher quality players around him

Just had a look at the Southport Sharks facebook page and boy have they got some recruits .. how good they actually are remains to be seen but it does have a effect on their local QAFL players listed with them and their clubs they represent at QAFL level . Im very interested to see how Redlands Brock Aston goes ,, very good playher at QAFL level ,, will VFL level show him up or enhance him as he has the higher quality players around him
Yes will be very interesting to see how Brock goes with the defensive side of things at VFL Level which is a massive focus for most teams.

He is very similar to Banks-Smith who was outstanding in 2022 at QAFL Level but definitely had an adjustment year at Southport last year.

Southport definitely have some quality midfielders already so be very interesting to see where Brock fits in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't get a game I don't think. They are stacked in their mids and Aston is a front runner ahead of the footy. Only way he might get a look in would be as a high forward with his work rate, but he will need to defend, even in their forward line at that level

Won't get a game I don't think. They are stacked in their mids and Aston is a front runner ahead of the footy. Only way he might get a look in would be as a high forward with his work rate, but he will need to defend, even in their forward line at that level
Does that mean if he drops back to play with Redlands he’s only a 2 pointer ! Was a 6 pointer for them last year

Yes, he is one of the gun players I mentioned in my post 2 weeks ago .. And the other player that is leaving is another gun forward if that is still the case
Not sure you have brought in players to cover the goals for the players who are leaving, so that’s why I think the cats are 4th and below

Agree with you .. I think we will be around the 5th or 6th position

If Bowman, Dawson, Lockett and Harrington spend decent stretches in the VFL with the Sharks (most likely only due to injuries), then Broady struggle big time this year.
Have lost more starting players on top the lads who left last year and have not recruited well at all IMO. Expecting us to slide down the ladder this year.

Is the other forward you were hinting at Gilmore?

I did hear that Rischitelli has joined the senior coaching group this week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
If Bowman, Dawson, Lockett and Harrington spend decent stretches in the VFL with the Sharks (most likely only due to injuries), then Broady struggle big time this year.
Have lost more starting players on top the lads who left last year and have not recruited well at all IMO. Expecting us to slide down the ladder this year.

Is the other forward you were hinting at Gilmore?

I did hear that Rischitelli has joined the senior coaching group this week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The other forward is Lowe that’s is playing down south.

So Sherwood seem to be flying under the radar here due to Mt Gravatt's implosion. Regardless of how many injuries occurred for them which were record number ACLs.

They only won the one game last year which wasn’t until later in the season at home. Their reserves, whilst winning 4 games, also finished last. Need to see some serious improvement to turn that around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back