Qafl state league div 1 (no reference to aspley)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderdoc

Team Captain
May 27, 2010
dimboola
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Dear Participants

I would like to start a new thread.
Discussion involves the QAFL Division 1, the only rule is that no mention can be made of Aspley football club and it's commitee. It appears every blog on the existing thread has reference to Aspley so how about a new thread with no reference to Aspley or any of its commitee members.

Why does a club running 9th deserve such attention ?

Do I have any takers ?

Chikka Ferguson we are waiting for your response .

Dear Participants

Discussion involves the QAFL Division 1, the only rule is that no mention can be made of Aspley football club and it's commitee. It appears every blog on the existing thread has reference to Aspley so how about a new thread with no reference to Aspley or any of its commitee members.

Do I have any takers ?

I agree thunderdoc although i think on field Aspley performances should be allowed? Just sick of hearing about their committee, although maybe a separate Aspley forum should be created?

The Hornets are going well under new Coach Russ Evans,that's for sure.
Lets hope the commitee sacks themselves at the end of the year,but I
doubt it.

Dear Participants

Do I have any takers ?

Going to be hard but I have done lots of fishing with lots of bites,so why not.

Going to be hard but I have done lots of fishing with lots of bites,so why not.

chicken go drink at the club you support or arn't the facilities up to scratch for you. Just an observation when i see you everyday down at the hornets social club.

Dear Participants

Do I have any takers ?

Thunderdoc

What is going on with the NT Thunder and Alice Springs? 3 - zip with the Magpies to come, is it a mental thing or is it the travel that has them floundering within their southern home town? I have no doubt that they will appear in the final series this year but with the 3 losses in the Alice to date they could have sewn it up if these games had a different result. The Magpies just might start favorites for their game in the red centre, if this years history comes into play.

Jokes aside this weeks fixture game in Darwin will be a cracker as it is a chance for them to get one back on the Siders who started this years Alice Springs hoodoo that they are currentley experiencing.

Unfortunately Alice Springs doesn't appear to offer much in the way of a home ground advantage for Thunder, NT travel almost exactly the same distance as the Qld team
Weather is more in keeping with brisbane weather and not many local boys

It may well be the Magpies big chance !!

I think Thunder may struggle to make the finals and Morningside are a very well run football club and probably the best equipped to win in Darwin. I think they are probably the only club in the comp to beat NT in Darwin to date.

Best thing in favour of NT is that I won't be in Darwin for the game !!

chicken go drink at the club you support or arn't the facilities up to scratch for you. Just an observation when i see you everyday down at the hornets social club.

Chikka, everyday - you pisshead!

I think Chikka has a right to drink anywhere he wants. I expect he would probably support the Hornets, but they thought he had nothing to offer. Apparently another club felt they could do with his services, as did the Qld U/21's - you judge for yourself :rolleyes:

Dear Participants

Do I have any takers ?

Nice try Tunderdoc -a noble and overdue objective. Didn't take long though for some peanut going by "4444" to bugger it all up in the third response.:thumbsdown:

I must say that what's left of the season holds a great deal of interest with all teams bar one having a "mathematical" possibility of making the finals. Some may argue a more than mathematical chance even from ninth position given the ups and downs of form on a week to week basis.

Makes for tough tipping guys. Chikka must be nervous at the top!:(

Chikka, everyday - you pisshead!

I think Chikka has a right to drink anywhere he wants. I expect he would probably support the Hornets, but they thought he had nothing to offer. Apparently another club felt they could do with his services, as did the Qld U/21's - you judge for yourself :rolleyes:

I do like a beer Oddball as you know,but every day( thunderdoc can you help me with my problem).Maybe thurs arvo with the table of knowledge and game day if Panthers aren't playing at bumble bee land.

I actually hope Aspley beat Mt Gravatt as the vultures list is a good one which can cause damage in finals if they make it.

Off to Aspley now for a beer

Your facilities are ordinary as well.No away coachs box,a scoreboard you cannot read in the day and behind a huge light tower for starters.
There was a very ordinary crowd at hornets on sat for a big game.You need outsiders to enter the club frequentally other wise no one would have been at the game.More vultures in the club after the game then aspley players.Says a lot about the culture of the joint.Is probably why all the players want to leave and have left over the off season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your facilities are ordinary as well.No away coachs box,a scoreboard you cannot read in the day and behind a huge light tower for starters.
There was a very ordinary crowd at hornets on sat for a big game.You need outsiders to enter the club frequentally other wise no one would have been at the game.More vultures in the club after the game then aspley players.Says a lot about the culture of the joint.Is probably why all the players want to leave and have left over the off season.

Look at the tile of the thread you bonehead!

NO ASPLEY! Perhaps we should have a thread set up for those that want to bash Aspley so you can leave the rest of us in peace.

It seems the name suits you VD. I'm getting an itchy rash every time you make a post. When you can read and spell (it's their, not there), some may start to take your comments a little more seriously.

Look at the tile of the thread you bonehead!

NO ASPLEY! Perhaps we should have a thread set up for those that want to bash Aspley so you can leave the rest of us in peace.

It seems the name suits you VD. I'm getting an itchy rash every time you make a post. When you can read and spell (it's their, not there), some may start to take your comments a little more seriously.

No fun if we can't mention A....y - by the way are you and VD neighbours?

such a shame that Cameron Illett is ineligible for the Grogan. Haven't seen a lot of the Gold Coast teams this year so really can't comment on who is in the running. Danny Wise getting lots of Syd Guilford votes but umpires often seem to have a different take on players.

Of the Brisbane teams Sheahan seems always to be in the best, but his club have only won 4 games. Vearing probably hasn't played enough football and I wouldn't discard Shelton or Bonney.

Might be a real bolter for the medal !

Interesting to note that of the top 7 SG players, two come from Southport and two from Aspley with one a piece to Broady, NT and Morningside. All in and around the centre.

Given the run home, you'd think Wise has the SG medal in the bag. Southport play Aspley, Magpies and Redlands in the last five. He just has to ensure his mates don't take his votes.

Some observations. Obvious that Morningside's injury woes have meant a lack of midfield engine and that is evidenced in the votes. Second, are Aspley's woes across the field or lack of conversion in the forward line? Given two top seven players in their midfield, one wonders if a bit of tinkering in the forward line may make the difference. Last point - where's Labrador? Maybe that's an indication of a solid team effort throughout the list? Well done boys.

Some observations. Obvious that Morningside's injury woes have meant a lack of midfield engine and that is evidenced in the votes. Second, are Aspley's woes across the field or lack of conversion in the forward line? Given two top seven players in their midfield, one wonders if a bit of tinkering in the forward line may make the difference. Last point - where's Labrador? Maybe that's an indication of a solid team effort throughout the list? Well done boys.

This will only prove true if the total votes to the club reflects their season, otherwise it comes down to other factors.

This will only prove true if the total votes to the club reflects their season, otherwise it comes down to other factors.

Fair point Mr Beach. If the list was extended past 9th though, you'd probably find at least another couple of tigers on 14 votes in 10th and 11th. Seems to support the theory of an effort across the board with no particular consistent stand outs.

Thunderdocs favourite player Cam Illett ruled ineligable for the grogan medal.Leaves it open to Wise,Gough,Pheiffer in my opinion.

Wouldn't be surprised to see young Sheahan in the mix also though. From what I've seen, the kid's a gun. Looks like a young Ablett to me.

Gents how far away is the former captain Lillico from playing at morningside again?

Not playing again this year.He has run the water last 2 panther games.Not taking the risk.

Congratulations on Jacob Gough,lining up for his 200th game this week.Paul Shelton back so can the siders upset the sharks.

Labrador are a well coached and will be very hard to beat in finals.

Well done Goughy I thought AFLQ should have made a big fanfare about this, he is a valuable asset to the competition and Morningside.

If that is correct about Tangles he has made a wise choice. Tangles game is very hard at the ball and when he returns it would be a shame to see him compromise his game.
Interesting to see how Southport bounce back !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back