Politics QAnon and Sovereign Citizens

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MSNMessenger

Draftee
Mar 11, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Have you seen the recent Vice documentary or read the anonymous confession from the person who claims to be the original Q? Do you agree with HRC and others that foreign entities were behind spreading Qanon theories?

Who is Q?

FWIW I thought the confession was believable, and I’m of the opinion that the Watkinses took the role of Q.

(I‘m looking forward to HBO’s doco too)
I have not. Might have a squizz tonight.

The super-outlandish theories (eg face swapping etc) may have been latched onto by foreign entities, however Q was either Trumps social media team (Dan Scavino) or was backed by them. Trumps campaign propaganda videos played on plenty of Q drops, eg flashes of a return to the Gold Standard, Linkin Park music etc.

I think Watkins started it, however by the end it was very much controlled by Trumps social media subordinates.

Toump Ass

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 14, 2015
TOUMPASSO LAND
AFL Club
Melbourne
I have not. Might have a squizz tonight.

The super-outlandish theories (eg face swapping etc) may have been latched onto by foreign entities, however Q was either Trumps social media team (Dan Scavino) or was backed by them. Trumps campaign propaganda videos played on plenty of Q drops, eg flashes of a return to the Gold Standard, Linkin Park music etc.

I think Watkins started it, however by the end it was very much controlled by Trumps social media subordinates.
Fair enough. I think it's more likely Trump's social media team made a significant effort to incorporate Q to recruit (more) lunatics into voting for him, rather than having any active involvement.

The foreign interference angle is really interesting. Obviously the (public) Qanon supporters are a bunch of lunatics but the way it has spread has been very organised and somewhat sophisticated- ie: using memes (images) to communicate rather than text, and the way that new-age, anti-establishment groups and evangelical Christians were targeted for recruitment.

I haven't seen the Vice documentary but many of the people who appeared on it (Fredrick Bannon, the Qanonanon guys) hung sh*t on it almost as soon as it was released. I'm still curious.

The HBO series (not sure if it's out yet) points the finger at Ron Watkins as being the main person. (I'm pretty sure the Watkins took over Q when they created 8kun, and have maintained that role ever since).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad